Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:22:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 265 times)
thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:28:33 AM

Is there any coins out there that were created as a token / reward for people helping grow their brand?  We are thinking of this and wanted to see if there was any site that had this?
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:34:35 AM
Merited by thinklab71 (1)

Hmmm I can think of loyalcoin and NEO.

Loyalcoin rewards its holder by just holding it.
While NEO, rewards its holder with GAS coin just for having it on their wallet too.
Having their coins on your wallet helps them to increase the demand because there are supporters.
santouao

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:41:35 AM

Is there any coins out there that were created as a token / reward for people helping grow their brand?  We are thinking of this and wanted to see if there was any site that had this?

I think you can equate those token and coin to POS staking since its the concept of holding and rewarding you their token upon buying more of their product. Ive like the marketing strategy and the product of PundiX, which showcase a great potential for rebranding brand and product usefullness. Have you heard their XPOS? plus they will leave the erc20 and proceed with their own blockchain which Im waiting to deploy.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.14                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On Binance Square 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
[/center]
thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:44:50 AM

One question

we want to give tokens/coins to people who get people to sign up.  Would this be better to create a coin or token?
rangnatht

Activity: 588
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:51:56 AM

One question

we want to give tokens/coins to people who get people to sign up.  Would this be better to create a coin or token?

Looks like you talking about refferal system or people who sign up you awarded with coin. This is good for pramoting the project but for this purpose creating a coin I don't think so it's a good idea. I mean what is the purpose of coin and how that specific coin will be increase in the value that's also important. So think think most important things is concept of the idea behind the coin. If you clear your idea it could be more easy to get advise from all crypto enthusiasts on this platform.
thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 04:59:01 AM

One question

Looks like you talking about refferal system or people who sign up you awarded with coin. This is good for pramoting the project but for this purpose creating a coin I don't think so it's a good idea. I mean what is the purpose of coin and how that specific coin will be increase in the value that's also important. So think think most important things is concept of the idea behind the coin. If you clear your idea it could be more easy to get advise from all crypto enthusiasts on this platform.

Thanks for the reply.  This is very early in the process, I am just doing research.  So on our site, we sell advertising and a good amount.  We want the site to grow faster, so my initial concept is when someone refers people they get x coins,  each day they are on the site they might get x coins.  The value of the coins is a revshare with the advertising fee we charge for people to buy banner space on the site.

Again, just tossing darts right now
Ulya63

Activity: 420
Merit: 6

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:02:00 AM

You can of course create a site that helps such people. Blockchain is not an all-embracing market here there is a place for every project. Everything is in your hands if marketing is successful, then the project has a great future in the cryptocurrency world.
thinklab71 (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:06:03 AM

Well we have almost 30,000 new members in the past 6 months so we can market to them to get going.   One question is this, would it make more sense to do a coin vs a token.   Coins seems easier for newbies to crypto to use as there is no gas needed
VK.point

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

(https://exip.live/)

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 05:10:20 AM

For now I really don't see any potential coins that are made as a sign / gift for people who help develop. And I think when the market situation is red, I better choose silence to eliminate the burden of the mind. Lips sealed

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
eagleman

Activity: 1190
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:49:54 AM

One question

we want to give tokens/coins to people who get people to sign up.  Would this be better to create a coin or token?
It's like an airdrop, yes its a give away so people would love it.

Well we have almost 30,000 new members in the past 6 months so we can market to them to get going.   One question is this, would it make more sense to do a coin vs a token.   Coins seems easier for newbies to crypto to use as there is no gas needed
Go for a coin if you thinkyou can do it. Since you already have the community, it would be easier for you to apply that. But much better if there will be more and better use case.
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:19:50 PM

Gabrotech is one coin created for people to manage and exchange their loyalty points, the project has just recently ended their ICO fund raising. I am looking forward to seeing its product launch. Is your project similar to Gabrotech?
triangles

Activity: 566
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:31:21 PM

Not all of them are some coins that were created but did not give rewards to those who helped develop their projects, but it was very rare now because every coin must have provided rewards even though there were not many
kobita333

Activity: 244

Official Street Team member

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:35:24 PM

If you are refering giving coin/token through the referral program, I would say it's a bad idea, in fact. Because through this, a lot of people will abuse and get most of the coins. Some of them will be one of the big holders of the coin, therefore, your goal will not be successful, IMO.

Beyond Protocol
Street Team
http://beyond.link | Coming Fall 2021
Official bitcointalk
thread
warrior.coins22

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 06:37:47 PM

Only a few coins are created to give a gift to the developer. And that I think is only a small part, in my opinion for now more coins are created as multifunction. Especially for investment and trade.
nutriagrigia

Activity: 1270
Merit: 254

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:27:43 PM

Yes, I heard about such like this project, but now I can not remember the exact name. I spend a lot of time on websites about ICO and a similar idea has already been, but maybe you will be better! Good luck

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Almasani

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 10:56:32 PM

Hmmm I can think of loyalcoin and NEO.

Loyalcoin rewards its holder by just holding it.
While NEO, rewards its holder with GAS coin just for having it on their wallet too.
Having their coins on your wallet helps them to increase the demand because there are supporters.

Are they ready to support or work together if anyone wants to develop a new ICO? This will provide a solution for those who have talent about cryptocurrency, but do not have the capital to develop their talents.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:07:34 PM

They are basically looking to give away free coin to everyone that will not worth anything but use it as a promotion. They will start a new brand or something and will tell everyone "hey use our platform and we will give you "brand"coin for free and the more you use us the more you will get. However they are forgetting one eternal truth, as long as your currency worths zero there is no point of getting it and nobody will care about neither you nor your coin.

You can create any coin you want and give people "thousands of dollars worth of the coin" but as long as there is no interest for that coin it will go to zero very quickly. Hence nobody would be really lining up to sign up to your website for free coins since it wouldn't worth anything at all. Maybe there will be some people who do it "just in case it goes up" but that's it.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:38:40 PM

I do not understand your question fully but what i think you mean from this post is that you are preparing a project that rewards its users for brand promotions i think there are not many projects in this niche only similar project i can remember is indahash and i think you can study their business model.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
charlie137

Activity: 1204
Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:10:11 PM

KMD also rewarding every balance above 10 KMD

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
MelodyCrypto

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:30:00 PM

I think the platforms that do things like this don't exist yet, because most of them only give a rewards to user if they participate as token holder not as being someone who has been helps in growing their brand because this step has been doing when they were still in the ICO stage through bounty and aidrop campaign
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: