Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:18:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the quest for a Virtual world help us improve the real world?  (Read 185 times)
trust09man (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 08:42:15 AM

There's so much discussion going on around Virtual world and immortality, which made me think, what will the Virtual world be like?

I know there are those against the thought, who believe its not possible to achieve such a state. But I always believe that if human brain can think of it, it can very well make it possible. I mean who thought we will ever come up with something like virtual currency?

Its just a matter of time, science and capabilities of human brain are still not fully understood and as the book Virternity (https://www.amazon.com/Virternity-virtual-eternity-treatise-Project/dp/1521407460) suggests, virtual eternity will become a necessity and will no longer be just a tool to escape the real world.

Do you think (even if hypothetically), a virtual world will give us a chance to introspect and find the missing links of the real world? By setting up the rules for the new world, will we realize what we did wrong with the real world?
CreamIce

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:38:58 AM

Virtual reality is transforming its image from just a gaming technology and spreading to mainstream industries. Whether we will ever be able to achieve immortality, I am not technically sound to answer this, but it is believed to be possible.

But to create another world close to one we reside in physically wont be an easy task honestly. Whether it will help us improve the present one by identifying the loop holes, it depends on how honest we are while creating the new one.
jefriseblak

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:14:29 PM

I like it your posting
trust09man (OP)

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:59:01 AM

Virtual reality is transforming its image from just a gaming technology and spreading to mainstream industries. Whether we will ever be able to achieve immortality, I am not technically sound to answer this, but it is believed to be possible.

But to create another world close to one we reside in physically wont be an easy task honestly. Whether it will help us improve the present one by identifying the loop holes, it depends on how honest we are while creating the new one.

Yes. I agree. We already know that social disparities and greed has had a negative impact on our society. I think technology will somehow resolve this issue. A VR world will not be same as the physical one. It will mostly be like an extension to what humans ever really cared for, with no space for greed or disparity.
SneakyLady

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:17:35 AM

Technology always improves quality of life, despite the naysayers and "purists."

I'm a firm believer that our desires represent what we understand to be possible. Why else would nature allow them to come fruition? They would serve no purpose and everything in nature has a purpose. Thoughts are things too, they carry energy and everything that you take for granted on a daily basis once stemmed from a thought.

Virtual worlds are bound to come into existence, it's just a matter of combining and obviously updating all of the latest technology into one working entity-a virtual economy, virtual reality, augmented reality tech, AI, etc. I've read some things about virternity's strategy- https://hubpages.com/technology/Protocol-of-Universal-Virtual-Reality

They are bold and could be a game-changer if they're true to their word. They do have some competition though so we'll see.
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 03:28:04 PM

I always believe that if human brain can think of it, it can very well make it possible. I mean who thought we will ever come up with something like virtual currency?

Do you think (even if hypothetically), a virtual world will give us a chance to introspect and find the missing links of the real world? By setting up the rules for the new world, will we realize what we did wrong with the real world?

It's not so much as "if you can think it you can make it possible" it's about execution. Immortality doesn't work like that, and it's not even remotely possible. It's not like mining a bitcoin, you're talking a life here. How do you think immortality will be achieved? Because there isn't a technology that can make this possible. Even with a super powerful computer, you still can't be sure it will make you immortal.
CarTrick

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:45:40 AM

Yes, I do think it’s possible for a virtual world to exist. We can never underestimate the power of technology, right? You mentioned it yourself –who could have ever thought we could have virtual currencies? And now we have AI, 5G plus, we’ll be having self-driving cars soon. This momentum is pointing to many things possible.

https://hubpages.com/technology/Virtual-Currency-For-A-Digital-Being
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320868121_Virtual_Augmented_and_Mixed_Realities_Concepts_Games_Applications_and_Long-Term_Immersion_Effects_for_the_Virternity_Project

Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:31:14 AM

Difficult question, but if you think deeply and comprehend, then I think that it will not help, but will make us want to live only in the virtual world, it will seem to us that the real world is not interesting and we will live more time in the virtual.
Idol_Network

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:58:03 AM

It is an interesting thought. Let's say a virtual world is created for users to immerse in, so realistic that user can easily think its their own life. This world runs multiple times faster than real time (maybe you can live a lifetime in the game, in just 1 month's of physical time). So users can try out how to live their life in a game? If so, it would be a strong educational tool.
tightcoat490

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:20:40 AM

You're referring to a perfect sim, which probably won't be possible for a while, but they're close enough right now and are being used to treat a variety of phobias and other mental health problems. So it's getting there and is already useful for sure. Being used for education as well as the obvious entertainment apps.

Once bandwidth inevitably increases and it is a perfect simulation it'll change life as we know it. The virtual life will be way better than real life, which will become mundane, boring and depressing.
99subsats

Activity: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:18:50 PM

The answer is definitely yes! Ever since I was a kid I liked to spend my free hours on the virtual world. (Although back then it was a lot different than it is now). I quickly got drawn to that world due to the rules of its society. It was a very similar to the way the cryptosociety works. In that old virtual world, the was only one currency throughout the whole map, and you could freely travel the whole world. You just had to do small quests, level up, get gold, and in the end be able to enjoy the whole map (without forgetting to enjoy the leveling up part as well!). Years later bitcoin appeared and it was just like that global currency from the virtual world- only much more. It opened our eyes that a society like the ones from the video games, where the whole point of life is simply to enjoy the game, group up with people, do quests, and level up-never having to worry about gold because it increases just by doing stuff in the game- is possible in the real world as well. Every aspect of a virtual world can be applied to this one given the correct preparations. E.g. In a perfect virtual world, there are places you go to and simply get taken care of. ThaT can be accessed already via Hinounou's ecosystem and insurance policy. One could argue with me that there isn't one currency any more, like in a video game, but many! Well, yes, but all that matters is accepting virtual currency! Protocols like  Modern finance chain's could do that enabling a whole new reality to be formed.
Emily_Davis

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:08:40 PM

Well, the difference between the real world and the virtual world is that in the virtual world, we can control our surroundings. Here in our world, we have no control over what happens in our environment. Yes, we contribute to all the shittiness that happens in our environment, but unlike here, in the virtual world we can simply reset something just like that because everything there will be digital. That, alone, will make everything better there compared to here, right?
trust09man (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:56:03 AM

Technology always improves quality of life, despite the naysayers and "purists."

I'm a firm believer that our desires represent what we understand to be possible. Why else would nature allow them to come fruition? They would serve no purpose and everything in nature has a purpose. Thoughts are things too, they carry energy and everything that you take for granted on a daily basis once stemmed from a thought.

Virtual worlds are bound to come into existence, it's just a matter of combining and obviously updating all of the latest technology into one working entity-a virtual economy, virtual reality, augmented reality tech, AI, etc. I've read some things about virternity's strategy- https://hubpages.com/technology/Protocol-of-Universal-Virtual-Reality

They are bold and could be a game-changer if they're true to their word. They do have some competition though so we'll see.

You say Virtual Worlds (as in plural), does this mean we will have multiple versions of virtual world? How having multiple virtual worlds help? Don't you think the vision must be to create just a single entity that lets everyone on board and live the dream life?

How will people from different Virtual Worlds connect, technically, they will be on different systems and networks?
goldSkylark

Activity: 126

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:18:09 AM

I always believe that if human brain can think of it, it can very well make it possible. I mean who thought we will ever come up with something like virtual currency?

It's not so much as "if you can think it you can make it possible" it's about execution. Immortality doesn't work like that, and it's not even remotely possible. It's not like mining a bitcoin, you're talking a life here. How do you think immortality will be achieved? Because there isn't a technology that can make this possible. Even with a super powerful computer, you still can't be sure it will make you immortal.

That’s why research and studies are being done in order to ensure it works. The technology already exists for it as mentioned in these articles supporting a project which aims to explore virtual eternity.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320930496_On_the_Aspects_of_Memory_Shared_Memory_and_Artificial_Consciousness_in_the_Virternity_Project
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320868121_Virtual_Augmented_and_Mixed_Realities_Concepts_Games_Applications_and_Long-Term_Immersion_Effects_for_the_Virternity_Project

earlytrade24

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:35:53 AM

I think creating a virtual world would help us create a better version of our world. It’s a chance to avoid and correct mistakes –we can solve environmental issues like pollution and global warming, plus we can create a better economic system that allows us to have control over our money. If this can happen, it sounds like a fresh start for me.
CristianOff

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:44:14 AM

Many years ago my father told me about a book he read. I don't remember the author but for sure of Russians origins. Probably a sci-fi author and probably Isaac Asimov.
His books talks about a world where the humanity doesn't exist anymore and we are virtual, just computer signals. If someone knows it, send me a private message with the name of author and book.
Anyway seems like we are going towards that kind of future :O
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: