Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All about bounty payments and its effect to the project  (Read 2092 times)
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 11:47:21 PM

This really varies from project to project. I have experienced a team which have not granted an access to bounty hunter´s coins after half a year because "they would dump them" when the price was 99% down. Like: "would you sell an asset you have earned for a tiny profit from what you have expected?" That is just completely wrong. ICO gold rush is over, but I have noticed a rising trend of way more legitimate projects entering the market. The bloodbath flushed out weaker projects and they are not in a shade of "MAGICAL ROI 1000% MOON GUARANTEED" type of "companies." I do not consider myself as an optimist person, but I have to admit that the crypto space have an immense potential. And I would like to be a part of it- as an investor and bounty hunter as well  Smiley.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
HatakeKakashi

Activity: 1274
Merit: 513

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 11:52:35 PM

We cannot sure that you startegy is sure because for me the best startegy is to buy more coins or tokens to rise the value of it and not to decrease. Because maybe once you buy the token from the bounty hunters how about the hunter the altcoins or ethereum they got maybe they sell also so it is same also so it cause dumping price so better even the bounty hunters not sell their coins they have but sell in the right time.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Gaggy185

Activity: 437
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 12:36:36 AM

I also did the same like you Smiley. I lost a lot of cryptocurrencies by investing in ICO projects so I stopped investing in ICO but turning into bounty campaign and buying with low price and the result is that I lost 0.5 BTC. LOL. Sometime it's still better if you buy token/coin directly from ICO crowdsale.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
ronwewee
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 02:02:35 AM

I was once an investor had few gains to some ICO/crowdsale but made many losses so I decided to stop participating in ICO instead I do bounties and buy it thru exchanges from bounty hunters dumping it.

I know for a fact that most of you know this situation and are guilty of it,  price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap. I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"

They say the market of a particular cryptocurrency is falling after the end of the ICO, they say that the bounty hunters are dumping the coins, but no doubt that is true, if we really want the price to increase, we should be patient and be mindful about long term thinking.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:27:01 AM

not all bounty hunters will sell at very cheap prices, if indeed the project has a very good concept, surely there will be many traders who try to maintain prices by buying orders, the tokens for bounty hunters are only 1-2% so they don't affect prices on market

"They don't affect the price of the coin"? Oh yes they do. Don't over estimate the power of that 1%-2% of those tokens allocated to bounty hunters.
This is the main reason why many developers lock the coins for a certain time to prevent it from going so down to a point of not recovering.
I'm not saying that bounty hunters are 100% the cause of dumping some ICO when listed but they some how contributed to it.
St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:37:46 AM

I was once an investor had few gains to some ICO/crowdsale but made many losses so I decided to stop participating in ICO instead I do bounties and buy it thru exchanges from bounty hunters dumping it.

I know for a fact that most of you know this situation and are guilty of it,  price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap. I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"
In my view the bounty hunters selling won't affect the prices much because their allocation is very small from the total creation so even if all the bounty rewards sold immediately on exchanges it could result upto 5% or less on the prices and the remaining were caused by the short term investors.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
aioc

Activity: 2912
Merit: 567

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:43:05 AM

I don't think so, if the project is good and developers are dedicated to pursue the success of the project, the price will eventually recover, pump and dump are very much normal in a volatile market, it's better to have a dump at the beginning then recover and pump , than the coin losses it's value in the future.

Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:44:24 AM

This does not apply to all projects. It happens that bounty hunters sell tokens at a low price, but it also happens that if you did not have time to buy tokens during the ICO, after entering the stock exchange, their price is skyrocketing.
Congyang

Activity: 882
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 08:46:06 AM

every investor must have a risk, but believe now to be more investors lose money. You better buy from hounter bounties at lower prices than investing in ico.
Sacramentus

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 08:51:32 AM

Your analysis is very wrong.  The price tanking is not because of bounty hunters. Many projects lists it's token an a very low prices on exchanges and everyone starts blaming the hunters for selling at the price this projects listed it's assets. Note that the investors who told many tokens have to sell off too in many of this cases.

[ IQ ] cash  ▐   THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
████████████ [ https://iq.cash ] ████████████
Coltpython

Activity: 700
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 08:59:56 AM

You generalize a lot my friend. I agree that many bounty hunters tend to sell off their coins (since it is their reward for several weeks of work), but I do not believe that they can influence the price of the coin. In fact, investors dump the price more than bounty hunters because they make a lot of profit from bonuses accumulated during private sales and presales and once it lists on an exchange, they sell off for what we think are peanuts but are actually profiting them. If you doubt me, try and observe projects that list on exchange before sending tokens to their hunters. I can bet you, the price will tank because of short-term investors dumping.

Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 09:41:43 AM

Somehow I agreed with your point. For someone like who was scammed before from joining bounties or ICO, I totally I agreed to pay me in eth than to their coins. But of course I also understand with the situations of ICO projects. Paying with their coins will also help them to promote it.
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 09:57:48 AM

The price of the tokens depends on the quality of the project, look at the tokens of the projects that launch the ICO on the binance exchange platform, their price is increased five times in relation to the ICO price.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 10:04:42 AM

Eth or BTC paying bounties is not a bad idea really. But i would always prefer to be given the option to be paid in ETH/BTC or bounty tokens/coins.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 10:07:48 AM

Why blaming bounty hunters, they have the right to sell their coins at any point of time, because they have worked for it, the demand comes from the platform itself and besides we all know that bounty hunters have the smallest shares in the distribution of the supply, the team are the one who likely dump in the exchange.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 10:08:59 AM

Eth or BTC paying bounties is not a bad idea really. But i would always prefer to be given the option to be paid in ETH/BTC or bounty tokens/coins.

But in the end, even if bounty hunters and airdrop participants are paid with ETH or BTC, someone out there will still sold the tokens at a low price. It might be a team member from the project or someone who gets the tokens or coins. The best thing to do now is to wait until bounty hunters and airdrop participants finish dumping then the project team may do a buyback program to enlighten traders and hodlers to buy the token or coin.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 10:11:45 AM

not all bounty hunters will sell at very cheap prices, if indeed the project has a very good concept, surely there will be many traders who try to maintain prices by buying orders, the tokens for bounty hunters are only 1-2% so they don't affect prices on market
Some bounty hunters still want to hold with their coins but I think if the hunters dump their holdings, it can still affect the market price but it wont last of course since the holdings of the hunters is very small compare to investors allocation. If there’s a delay on the payment, i think that would affect the project much since hunters will accused the project as a scam.
tranduong123
Copper Member

Activity: 714
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2019, 10:21:25 AM

I think the bonus is not the main cause of the depreciation of a coin. Bonuses are only a very small fraction of the total supply.
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 10:31:15 AM

Yes right, a little more bounty hunter affects the price in the market, but it also depends on the voin project if indeed the coin project is really good, then the bounty hunter is not a problem for them.
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 12:58:47 PM

1-2% not too much. But for new projects listed, they don't have too many buyers. So if the bounty hunters sell all at once, I think the price will fall very deep

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: