Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:14:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All about bounty payments and its effect to the project  (Read 2092 times)
Quintrix

Activity: 259
Merit: 17

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:15:57 AM

I was once an investor had few gains to some ICO/crowdsale but made many losses so I decided to stop participating in ICO instead I do bounties and buy it thru exchanges from bounty hunters dumping it.

I know for a fact that most of you know this situation and are guilty of it,  price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap. I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"
I don't think so it's very normal for a price to drop when it hit the market even if bounty hunters dump their shares, which I don't believe in it can still recover if the project is good, not really the bounty hunters but on the confidence of the project that can create its price and demand in the market.

yeniruieni

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:24:58 AM

These bounty hunters only receive a small portion of tokens from all tokens allocated. And in my opinion, the price of tokens doesn't decrease because of the bounty hunter. We have to think wisely and I think maybe payment using ETH or BTC will be better. And the success of the ICO depends on the performance of the Team and the developer behind the project.
NightMar_1St

Activity: 309
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:32:22 AM

projects usually spend 3% - 5% for bounty hunters. The thing that they sell immediately when listing on the exchanges will not affect the price of ICO much.
Levyathan

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:35:15 AM

Just stop doing bounty because every bounty in here is just a scam and shit. If you want, just go outside and find a new job because a new job is actually a great way to earn money rather than bounty!
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 04:38:10 AM

I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project.
I agree with this that its better if they pay the bounty hunters thru ETH or other trusted coins but there is a risk in part of the team.

What if their ICO doesn't reached the soft cap? Or there are no investors who invested? This is why the bounty hunters are being paid thru their own tokens to lessen the risk instead of paying ETH or other coins. I'm a bounty hunter and what I'm doing is to sell around 60-70% of my total tokens and will hold the remaining for around 6 months to 1 year hoping the price of the coin will increase.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:44:27 AM

Bounty hunters own a little portion of the total circulation and most of them don't sell. Another reason can be the project itself. If I participate in a good project, I will likely to hold the amount. On the other hand, I will try to get out of shit projects. That's how I think. So, you can't say bounty hunters are responsible.
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:45:33 AM

I think you've learned from your experienced and you make the good decision after not quite successful in participating on an ico. But if you participate some bounty campaign jist make sure that the project is a trusted project and has the potential for being successful.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:49:44 AM

I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project.
I agree with this that its better if they pay the bounty hunters thru ETH or other trusted coins but there is a risk in part of the team.

What if their ICO doesn't reached the soft cap? Or there are no investors who invested? This is why the bounty hunters are being paid thru their own tokens to lessen the risk instead of paying ETH or other coins. I'm a bounty hunter and what I'm doing is to sell around 60-70% of my total tokens and will hold the remaining for around 6 months to 1 year hoping the price of the coin will increase.

good for you because you still manage to recieve something from an ico bounty while majority of the bounty hunters are always got scammed and they dont know how to choose a legit one . whats your secret by the way ? can you share to us so that we can also earn a coin that has a value  . its okay if the coins value is small but atleast you know to yourself that its not a scam coin  .
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:55:30 AM

good for you because you still manage to recieve something from an ico bounty while majority of the bounty hunters are always got scammed and they dont know how to choose a legit one . whats your secret by the way ? can you share to us so that we can also earn a coin that has a value  . its okay if the coins value is small but atleast you know to yourself that its not a scam coin  .
The only secret is researching more and more. Spend some of your time before joining a bounty campaign. Read their ANN, if possible whitepaper and what about the bounty manager. For example, if Lauda, Hhampuz create a ANN bounty for any of the project, although it's not guaranteed, I would take it as legit because they will definitely do their side of homework before start working with a project.
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 04:56:50 AM

I really understand the situation. I am also aware of that. Indeed, many bounty hunters will definitely throw their tokens at a very cheap price. But, actually we cannot blame the bounty hunter. because all of that is the decision of each person. But it's a pity to throw the token below the price of ico.
apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:36:10 AM

Keep away your words about bounty participants make price is drop and down, how come with under 2% coin allocation could make price dump, how ever owner and team have more than 50% allocation and make price is down.
zauna35

Activity: 812
Merit: 287

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:37:16 AM
Last edit: March 14, 2019, 06:15:35 AM by zauna35

oh, depending on what project ... there are projects paying at ETH, there are projects redeeming their tokens from the bounty, there are also projects with strong support that do not allow the market to be lowered .. you should not blame the bountists, but they lower the price, since most earn it for life .. but the project should also have a well thought out strategy so that their coin does not go down to zero because the percentage of bounty is usually miserable and if this amount of coins can seriously shake the market, then accordingly the coin without strong support and is not worth attention.
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 05:43:12 AM

This is one of the reasons I prefer getting paid I ETH or bitcoin ,no matter how good the project is it will take time to recover to better price ,dumping can't be controlled ,the only way is to get paid in other digital currency

florac9

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 05:46:09 AM

I think of the developers has strong support the price will still be standing strong ,I look very well before joining any bounty this days and most times I prefer keeping my bounty payouts so I join good bounties only

☀️☀️☀️☀️  ISKRA (CCOH)- Crypto coin of hope | An innovative method for supporting children around the world  ☀️☀️☀️☀️
https://iskra-coin.io
smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:16:12 AM

Falling prices are a mark of a failed project? how come all the top coins in the market are falling and that does not mean that they are all failed project, that is bad observation all coins suffered from falling prices and all coins can suffer it one time or another, but they will get back up because of the platform attach to the coin.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:56:30 AM

Bounty payments is the most common problem on the project, sometimes the price is go down because of so many dumpers. And most of the investors that invested at 30 to 50 percent discount is also do dumping thier token so the most common thing when the coin or token get listed is it will really drop like 100 to 10 percent this is really the worst case on ico.
kaito.

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 06:50:14 PM

there's many thread about this, hunter said the cause of token dump and should be paid with either ETH or BTC.
i agree for hunter to be paid on ETH or BTC but at the same time i'm also thinking it's normal to be paid in ICO token we promoted since we decide to promote the project didn't it mean that we believe that the project will succeeded? if we didn't believe the project will succeeded in the end then what's the point we promote it.
price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap.
and also i refuse to believe that hunter was the one that caused token to be dumped on market. what can a measly 1% do to the whole market?
also i believe real hunter not gonna sell their hard earned token in cheap.

they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"
if project want to help investor first they should give bonus reasonably for their early investor and pre sale participant.
SixFigures

Activity: 798
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 09:09:59 PM

It depends on a project itself. If it is a really good one and people are investing a lot of money into it, plus this project collects its hardcap, the possibility of a dump is pretty low. But unfortunately in the most cases bounty hunters have a huge affect on a starting price.

It is not the problem of the bounty hunters if a project doesn't even create enough demand to absorb the bounties that are being sold in the market.
the problem is with the project itself because sometimes the project is fake or the team doesn't seriously develop it or can't develop the project so that a dump occurs.
then the fact is that investors are currently less interested in crypto especially ICO and that makes projects difficult to develop.
so the bounty hunter can't be blamed on this case.

Okay but if a team is fake or stops developing it isn't surprising that a dump occurs.

Petchant

Activity: 172

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2019, 10:17:34 PM

Bounty hunters will also prefer to get pay in Ethereum or any other popular listed coin or token but most project developers won't do this because not all developers really care about the price of the token once they get money from the ico

BLOCKMASON LINK
Create Web APIs From Any Smart Contract
Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 11:17:14 PM

Buying a coin on the exchange after the ICO is better than during a public sale. Because access to the stock exchange gives a small guarantee that the team is working on the project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: