Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:28:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: All about bounty payments and its effect to the project  (Read 2092 times)
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 11:16:08 PM

If the project is good and there is demand then  hunters dumping will be eaten up in a second.
1-2 % of bounty tokens cannot seriously affect the token price long term of a legit project.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 11:26:10 PM

i am not fully agree with you.bounty allocation is just 0.5% to 2% and if the project is very good and legit then these bounty hunters token should be buy within second.most token dump bcz of no product and inside selling.

btcnijuan

Activity: 421
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 01:51:11 AM

I agree that bounty hunters will be paid in eth or bitcoin, most of the time the bounty tokens are just ended up to shit coins, bounty hunters waited for months doing their task and ended up disappointed because of the valueless coin they got from the bounty
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 04:03:22 AM

I agree that bounty hunters will be paid in eth or bitcoin, most of the time the bounty tokens are just ended up to shit coins, bounty hunters waited for months doing their task and ended up disappointed because of the valueless coin they got from the bounty
I also agree on that in order to protect bounty hunters from the scam project. I think the best thing to be implemented is to paid bounty hunter a coin that is already changeable to fiat and i think it will be more safe if there will be an escrow, because bointy hunter is really taken for granted after the campaign ends there is no assurance of payment and sometimes we really didn't recieve the exact allocation.

kisfoxs

Activity: 289
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 05:30:32 AM

Yes, failure of ICO projects is indeed often experienced. So that not only investors but bounty hunters also suffer losses. Because some bounty hunters also invest. Now I am more interested in buying coins whose prices go down when entering the market. And of course, choosing coins that can still rise again.

https://cerlos.io
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
🏠 -> Transforming The Trillion-dollar Building Materials Industry <- 🏠
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:09:25 AM

It depends to the project if they really want to pay ethereum or other altcoind as for the payment of the participants of the bounty campaign. Because that's true the shares of the bountt hunters or the token they get they sell it that can cause for the token to dump the value. We need to have other way to prevent the dumping price so we will not lose more money if we have tokens.
Kriptos

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:39:55 AM

I do not agree if you blame the bounty hunter for causing a decrease in ICO coin prices. because not always selling cheap prices is a bounty hunter because we all know only a few percents of the allocation of coins for bounty hunters and if indeed the ICO project is good should even though all hunter allocations are sold cheap does not take long the developer can return a good price. moreover, we all know before the bounty hunters sell their coins cheaply the price on the exchange has gone down much earlier than the ICO price. I even suspected insiders that caused the fall in the price of ICO coins.

uralcryptocoin

Activity: 1042
Merit: 328

SIGNATURE CREATION by uralcryptocoin

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:18:56 PM

I do not agree if you blame the bounty hunter for causing a decrease in ICO coin prices. because not always selling cheap prices is a bounty hunter because we all know only a few percents of the allocation of coins for bounty hunters and if indeed the ICO project is good should even though all hunter allocations are sold cheap does not take long the developer can return a good price. moreover, we all know before the bounty hunters sell their coins cheaply the price on the exchange has gone down much earlier than the ICO price. I even suspected insiders that caused the fall in the price of ICO coins.

Absolutely right. Bounty hunters never affect on coin price.
Bad idea, bad planning, bad marketing, bad project finally are the reasons of coin price fall

BTC   Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System   BTC
A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution. Digital signatures provide part of the solution, but the main benefits are lost if a trusted third party is still required to prevent double-spending. We propose a solution to the double-spending problem using a peer-to-peer network. The network timestamps transactions by hashing them into an ongoing chain of hash-based proof-of-work, forming a record that cannot be changed without redoing the proof-of-work. The longest chain not only serves as proof of the sequence of events witnessed, but proof that it came from the largest pool of CPU power. As long as a majority of CPU power is controlled by nodes that are not cooperating to attack the network, they'll generate the longest chain and outpace attackers. The network itself requires minimal structure. Messages are broadcast on a best effort basis, and nodes can leave and rejoin the network at will, accepting the longest proof-of-work chain as proof of what happened while they were gone.
gunhell16

Activity: 1736
Merit: 505

www.licx.io

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:23:18 PM

Now there are very few good bounty. But I think that if the project has good liquidity, then bounty hunters will not be able to adversely affect the price.

The real problem is the ICO TEAM, if they think and know that their tokens is good and will be strong in the market then they should not give any tokens to bounty participants.
They should choose to pay them in BITCOIN OR ETHEREUM this will put away the token dump.

▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
░████████████████████████
░███████████████████████▀
░███████████████████████
░███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████▀▀█████▀▀██████▀
| 
 Low Fidelity - High Potential 
|
▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███▄░▄░███████▀▄███
█████▄▀█▄▀███▀▄██████
███████░██░▀▄████████
████████▄▀█▄▀████████
████████▀▄▀██░███████
██████▀▄███░██▄▀█████
████▀▄██████▄▀▀░▀████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
███████████████████
██████▀░░▀▀▀░░▀██████
█████░░▄▄░░░▄▄░░█████
████▌░░██▌░▐██░░▐████
████░░░░▀░░░▀░░░░████
████▄▄░▀▄▄▄▄▄▀░▄▄████

█████████████████████
█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀

▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
██████████████▀▀███
███████████▀▀░░░░████
███████▀▀░░▄▄▀░░▐████
████▀░░░▄██▀░░░░█████
███████░█▀░░░░░▐█████
████████░░▄▄░░░██████
██████████████▄██████

█████████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
chriseasan
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 06:23:25 PM

This is a great solution and I think that a lot of projects have already listed to it. There are few bounty programmes with a certain percentage of collected funds as a reward. This protects the investors and the token value.
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:10:17 PM

Do not think that bounty payments has so big effect to the price of the tokens. It is more connected to
the market situation and the demand for the coin. Bounty rewards are only small percentage to the token
supply and  hunters dumping is usually only an excuse for price crash after listing.

powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:31:18 PM

It is crucial in crypto trading and investing to adopt our strategies to the market situation. Things can change very fast in crypto and we have to be prepared for it and not to continue doing wrong.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
FastSlots

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:31:40 PM

I was once an investor had few gains to some ICO/crowdsale but made many losses so I decided to stop participating in ICO instead I do bounties and buy it thru exchanges from bounty hunters dumping it.

I know for a fact that most of you know this situation and are guilty of it,  price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap. I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"
If the DEV team of that coin is good, or that project is good. They will not let that coin fall. Prices may be reduced by a bit due to the strong sales of the hunter. But soon the DEV team will throw money into the market and pump that coin up. Paying ETH or BTC to the hunter is practically unnecessary.
pilosopotasyo

Activity: 952
Merit: 27

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:34:55 PM

I was once an investor had few gains to some ICO/crowdsale but made many losses so I decided to stop participating in ICO instead I do bounties and buy it thru exchanges from bounty hunters dumping it.

I know for a fact that most of you know this situation and are guilty of it,  price tends to tank due to bounty hunters selling their share of tokens for cheap. I think its better to pay hunters in eth or other alts rather than risking the price of their token or coin in that way they could also help their investors and boost confidence to their future and their project. Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's"

Well for me a falling price is a mark of a failing project "ICO's? not really Eth and all the good coins are falling but they are still profitable, bear in mind we are in a bear market all coins are showing negative returns if you think that the coin you bought from the dump is good then wait for the bull run to come.

BACK FROM A LONG VACATION
Dessy88

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:45:55 PM

What also happens if you don't get the price as cheap as expected then with that what might be the benefit of you waiting till the end of ICO projects. Investing directly could had fetch you a lot since sometimes hunters reward distribution get delayed for some time.
many investors feel disappointed with this, so many investors who are tired of taking part in the ICO because this is to choose ico now must be more careful

Darklinkz

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 01:09:59 AM

I witnessed a bounty before that offers a huge reward but the thing is it reached its hardcap so it was kind of a hyped project. Then the listing comes after and it made 5x the ICO price and still it managed to stay between the price even after bounty hunters dumped all their tokens. All I am saying is its the state of the market makes the new ICOs fail when newly listed and not the bounty hunters.
mrdeposit

Activity: 1358
Merit: 509

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 01:43:23 AM

When a new project is listed on the trading floor, its price will fluctuate very strongly due to the sale of bonuses by hunters. If it is a potential project, there will be sharks gathering the goods and pushing up the price right after that. Do not think so negatively.
Without bounty reward, there are dozens of projects that have been repeatedly dropped. In the price decrease, the bounty also has a role, but not in all of them. In my opinion, evaluate the current situation, you will find the best answer yourself.
BennyK

Activity: 672
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2019, 02:05:47 AM

It is rather unfortunate you attribute the dumping of a coin to bounty hunters. Bounty programs are normally run by a small percentage (1% to 5%) allocation of the total supply. How can sales of 1% or 5% of the entire supply dump a coin on the market. Dumping comes from the team who normally begin to sell their holdings gradually right after listing in order to make their profit sooner. Bounty hunters can hold a token for more than a year hoping for the price to become something big because the bounty rewards are often small.

tetyulfania

Activity: 653

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 02:21:24 AM

I am disagree with your opinion about bounty reward could make price is down and lower, look how many percent allocation for bounty participants under 3% and how come could make price is down, team ICO and advice is make price down higher allocation for them.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2019, 01:15:48 AM

if after ico ends, investors will still provide financial support, I don't think it will have a big effect on bounty hunter payments.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: