Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:27:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin research, need your help!  (Read 567 times)
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:01:58 PM

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a research on bitcoin and to proceed, I need some answers as to people's motivation behind investing in bitcoin. Could you folks please help me by answering my questions? Would appreciate your comments!

Q1. What are your main reasons for investing on bitcoin?

Q2. What do you use bitcoins for?

Q3. Where do you see bitcoin headed going into the future?

Q4. What are your main concerns while holding bitcoins? Do you fear the backlash from society, environment (online/offline), safety features, regulations, market factors, etc.?

Thanks all!

Hey are you publishing your own paper or is this some college research anyway I will try my best to answer these questions. 1) The main reason for me was the interesting technology behind it, also it being decentralised currency also had a role. 2) I use it for diversifying my savings, also use it for payments of various stuff. 3) I believe bitcoins adoption shall rise, and so shall it's prices in the long run. 4) I don't fear anyone, I don't let the short term fluctuations effect me I hodl it for the long term.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:13:12 PM

Q1. When Bitcoin is sold at a very low price, it makes sense to invest in it in order to get a profit when it rises.

Q2. I invest in Bitcoin to make a profit and to use it as a payment instrument in the future.

Q3. First of all, Bitcoin will be used as a means of payment in transfers and when paying in online stores.

Q4. With bitcoin, I have no problems, only with altcoins.
AsbinKS (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:24:15 PM

Hey are you publishing your own paper or is this some college research anyway I will try my best to answer these questions. 1) The main reason for me was the interesting technology behind it, also it being decentralised currency also had a role. 2) I use it for diversifying my savings, also use it for payments of various stuff. 3) I believe bitcoins adoption shall rise, and so shall it's prices in the long run. 4) I don't fear anyone, I don't let the short term fluctuations effect me I hodl it for the long term.

I am working on a thesis on bitcoin, but my supervisor said the topic is too broad. My original topic was "will bitcoin replace fiat money?". Do you have any suggestions on what topics to pursue?
kwakgyimah

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 06:57:15 PM

These are my answers in an orderly manner, firstly I invest in bitcoin because I believe bitcoin is the future currency of the world and I also believe I can make some good profits from my investment. Again I use bitcoin to trade among my peers and I believe bitcoin is heading for greatness in the near future. I hold bitcoins without thinking of the negative thoughts other people have.
Halmater

Activity: 896
Merit: 630

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:54:00 PM

Right now, Most people see bitcoin as an investment tool. If these people see that bitcoin is more accepted, they'll be glad they more for gaining profit than changing world's traditional financial system and nobody should blame them for their feelings. In the team of bitcoin supporters, there are varied thoughts not shared by all team members but it does not change the result.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 07:07:41 AM

1. I have never invested in bitcoin in the form of money, what I invested was the time to work with several ICO projects as a campaigner bounty.

2. I use bitcoin for my daily needs, pay tuition fees, and buy creative production factors such as design tools etc.

3. I believe that bitcoin is a real innovation for the global transaction system revolution

4. One of my concerns in holding bitcoin is hoping that market prices will continue to rise, not necessarily fast, the important thing is to be stable and not to go down so far. what I fear is when more and more groups are trying to destroy this industry such as government, banks, billionaires, etc.
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:01:41 PM

These are my answers in an orderly manner, firstly I invest in bitcoin because I believe bitcoin is the future currency of the world and I also believe I can make some good profits from my investment. Again I use bitcoin to trade among my peers and I believe bitcoin is heading for greatness in the near future. I hold bitcoins without thinking of the negative thoughts other people have.
We're same thoughts I never think negative thoughts about in bitcoin, cause I believe and trust that bitcoin it become future currency of the world, because of his benefits lot's of people around the world it change there life it become successful including me cause bitcoin give high profits in our investment.

AsbinKS (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:41:56 AM

Guys, do you know of any theoretical framework or models that I can base my bitcoin reseach on? My topic is about whether bitcoin will be a major currency adopted all around. I am struggling with forming a theoretical framework and models to test the research.
andi_wahid

Activity: 490
Merit: 7

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:56:45 PM

1. The main reason I invest in bitcoin is to get as much profit as possible
2. Yes, I only invest and invest
3. I consider bitcoin in the future to be accepted by all people as a means of exchanging transactions
4. The people around me still think that bitcoin is the same as you gambling online and this really makes me bothered, but this happened because of their lack of knowledge of bitcoin.
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 12:58:02 PM

I am working on a thesis on bitcoin, but my supervisor said the topic is too broad. My original topic was "will bitcoin replace fiat money?". Do you have any suggestions on what topics to pursue?

Do a paper on what is called "The Greater Fool Theory" and show why this is a perfect model for understanding Bitcoin
AsbinKS (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:55:15 PM

Do a paper on what is called "The Greater Fool Theory" and show why this is a perfect model for understanding Bitcoin

Thanks for letting me know. I will look into it.

This is a thesis for my Bachelor's degree for some of you who asked earlier.
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:56:12 PM

Thanks for letting me know. I will look into it.

This is a thesis for my Bachelor's degree for some of you who asked earlier.

You're welcome. You can also look at it from the perspective of Dunning-Kruger
vuvuzelarose

Activity: 95

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:06:30 PM

Hi guys,

I am currently working on a research on bitcoin and to proceed, I need some answers as to people's motivation behind investing in bitcoin. Could you folks please help me by answering my questions? Would appreciate your comments!

Q4. What are your main concerns while holding bitcoins? Do you fear the backlash from society, environment (online/offline), safety features, regulations, market factors, etc.?

Thanks all!
Q1: I expect my investment will be x2, x3, ... x10
Q2: I use bitcoin to convert into my country's currency
Q3: Bitcoin is more known and is considered a risky investment channel but profit is quite high.
Q4: Mymain concerns while holding bitcoins is market information, good and bad news affecting short- or long-term hold decisions. I received many warnings from people around me, but I believe in my choice when deciding to hold Bitcoin as a future investment opportunity.

lucashunter

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 02:14:55 PM

I see Bitcoin as the money for the future as I believe in the future more then 95% of the world's population will have access to the Internet and will be able to use Bitcoin as the global currency instead of any Fiat.

What do you use bitcoins for?
I trade daily at the moment and use as a medium of payment whenever I want to buy anything online and Bitcoin is accepted.

Where do you see bitcoin headed going into the future?
As I have wrote in my first question, Bitcoin is going to become the global currency very soon.
What are your main concerns while holding bitcoins? Do you fear the backlash from society, environment (online/offline), safety features, regulations, market factors, etc.?
My fear is the slow in transaction approval. I hope something can be done about it really fast.
Valer4ik

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:16:02 PM

Cue ball is razvodilovo. The exchange took from you US dollars, and in return gave a candy wrapper. The US dollar exchange can not devalue, because The US Army will see this as a threat to national security and will begin a democracy to establish and change the government. But a wrapper exchange can devalue, because only losers who buy bitcoin and asics at space prices will complain for a wrapper.
AsbinKS (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:50:27 AM

Guys, can you all who have replied with your answers, permit me to use your responses in my thesis if they are relevant. I have had a couple of responses that I could use to draw a overall picture of people's expectation and perception about bitcoin. Please let me know as soon as you can. Thanks all!
taratorly

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:13:47 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks all!

A1) Most of people wants their profit. But some of us believe in Bitcoin's future. To good one.

A2) You can use it investment tool or P2P payment. Most of people is using it for investment because the value fluctate.

A3) My idea for Bitcoin; it will be used more than FIAT in 10 years. This is my idea off course. Someone doesn't believe that.

A4) Scalability is big problem. And energy consuming. Consuming is the biggest problem. And answer 1 is the another problem, I think. People doesn't want to HODL it. They are looking at profit chance. But they want to less for Bitcoin's future. It can rise up more than expected.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / JOIN / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER           FACEBOOK           TWITTER           TELEGRAM           ANN THREAD
th3nolo

Activity: 1232
Merit: 669

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:13:50 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks all!

Q1) For money and wealth preservation.
Q2) To buy things out of my country since they have banned the bills of the other countries
Q3) Being widely used around the world as e-Gold.
Q4) Stake more bitcoins when the price it's low, Sell when the price is high, I can't fear a backlash from society since my own society it's using actively Bitcoin more than ever and it's the only way we can face the poor political decisions of my government.

▄██▄
   ▄██▄      ▀█▀▀     ▄██▄
   ▀██▀▄  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▐███▀
       ███████████████
      ████████▀▄▄▄▀████
 ▄▄  ▐███▀▄▀██▄▀▀▀▄█████  ▄▄
████▀█████▄███▀▀█████ ██▀████
 ▀▀  ▐███▄███ ██ ████ █▌  ▀▀
      ▀████▄██▄▄███▀▄█▀
    ▄▄ █▀██████▀▄▄▄█▀█ ▄▄
   ████▀   ▀▀▀█▀▀▀   ▐████
    ▀▀       ▄██▄      ▀▀
             ▀██▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩             ▄▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █▄
 █           ▀▀▀  █
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄
█ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀█ █
█ █ █       █    █ ▄
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    █ █
█ █ ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄ █ █
█ █ █   █  ██  █ █ █
█ █ ▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀ █ █
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
⟩ ⟩ ⟩       ▄████▄  ▄████▄
      ████████████████
      ████████████████
       ██████████████
        ▀██████████▀
██        ▀██████▀        ██
██▌   ▄            ▄   ▐██
███  ███▄          ▄███  ███
▀███▄ ▀███▄      ▄███▀ ▄███▀
  ▀████████      ████████▀
     ▀████▀      ▀████▀
     ▄   ▄▄      ▄▄   ▄
     ▀█████      █████▀
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 03:48:56 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks all!

1. i investing bitcoin for knowledge and profit. Gain knowledge about crypto, and take profit from it.
2. i use bitcoin for investing on other projects.
3. i see cryptocurrency will be used by peoples around the world if it has stable value in the future.
4. volatility, when we holding coin, we always afraid that our coin value will going down.

Good luck for your research

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 04:17:56 PM

1. I like the concept of a global decentralized currency free from state and bank control.
2. To buy what I can-travel etc but only if I don't pay more just for using bitcoin.
3. I can see it heading for $100k in the long term-largely driven by speculators.
4. Continued feuding within the community, high cost and slow speed  transactions.

Hope this helps with your research and perhaps you could share your conclusions with the community on this forum.   

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: