Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 01:31:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The BTC crash is good news for Altcoins  (Read 20002 times)
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:12:04 PM

BTC crashing is not a good news for altcoins and never was.
The crypto market is still  small in volume and altcoins are very dependent of BTC, the market leader which is dominating the market with over than 50% market share.
For altcoins the good thing is when BTC is increasing like it did last year and then the whole market was booming.
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 06:14:55 AM

Having the feelings that the if BTC is a good news for altcoins maybe a wrong feeling because it has also affected altcoins so badly.
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:39:22 PM

This is really not good when BTC go down because a lot of altcoin coin suffer immediately after the downfall of BTC. A lot people are dependent on crypto currency to make profit, but the current situation is really a worst scenario of all time in my experience.
amos77978
Copper Member

Activity: 351
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:52:17 PM

I don't get this thread.. has btc lost its influence on alts ... and how is this possible if alts will always be paired with btc on exchanges??
Eat.Sleep.Bounty
Copper Member

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:11:32 PM

It is a good news to altcoins when you are still making investments. But really bad to those investors that are buying in the highest price and now holding and enduring risk in the altcoins lowest price. Because when bitcoin crashes, they also brought the altcoins on the crash.

masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:17:36 PM

Some people might think like that but in fact it is inversely proportional, when the price of BITCOIN decreases, the altcoin is also affected by the decline in Bitcoin prices, this is really unexpected, I also think so but the reality is far more painful

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:24:17 PM

bitcoin price go down is never be a good news for any aspect of market
it's still a leading coin. so it's very hard to have any altcoin rising when the king get sick.
just hope that not to happen

Your opinion is not right. Admit that now BTC dominates the cryptocurrency market, but I see the flow of cryptocurrency and see that if the BTC price goes down and the price of ETH rise, the rate of altcoins will have strong grow and improve because of the effect of ETH price.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
fly99

Activity: 421
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 03:24:02 AM

Maybe BTC will be the same as usual, every time it is about to die, maybe it is the signal of the arrival of the bull market. This may be a positive sign. But this is bad news for the altcoin, the altcoin can not withstand the pressure of bitcoin, and some altcoins may disappear. Bitcoin may return to $2,000.

ishirut009

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 03:52:46 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-did-crypto-market-experience-a-27-billion-wipeout-experts-discuss-factors

Every situation has a bright side, you just have to look at the bigger picture!

According to Crypto Rand, a currency trader and technical analyst,

"We will have to wait some more months until BTC settle down its path through a potential reversal, but the alternative cryptocurrency market could take its own direction getting rid of the BTC influence. The big caps altcoin response has been amazing so far."

Further on, the article goes on to say,

"Institutional investors are focusing on products that provide investor protection and strengthen the infrastructure of the crypto market."

Such volatility doesn't mean anything. The true value of cryptocurrency lies in a strong foundation (which requires user-friendly decentralized marketplaces where we can use cryptocurrency, and added security in the form of escrow systems) which will be made possible with the upcoming ICO's.

They're not all scams!

We need to really look at the big picture because the real time price action is ony a noise. I see a lot of people on social media got affected on what the price of the bitcoin is, if it is in green they are happy and they thought the bulls are going to take over soon. And when they see the price of bitcoin turns red they get sad. They get into this emotional roller coaster because of their emotions and really not knowing what to do. We need to plan one step ahead of the market so when the time comes, we know what we will do.

Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 05:09:41 AM

"We will have to wait some more months until BTC settle down its path through a potential reversal, but the alternative cryptocurrency market could take its own direction getting rid of the BTC influence. The big caps altcoin response has been amazing so far."
Hard to believe, that alts will take separate direction, defenetly not any time soon. And, when BTC crash - altcoins fall much more heavily.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 05:13:44 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/why-did-crypto-market-experience-a-27-billion-wipeout-experts-discuss-factors

Every situation has a bright side, you just have to look at the bigger picture!

Further on, the article goes on to say,

"Institutional investors are focusing on products that provide investor protection and strengthen the infrastructure of the crypto market."

Such volatility doesn't mean anything. The true value of cryptocurrency lies in a strong foundation (which requires user-friendly decentralized marketplaces where we can use cryptocurrency, and added security in the form of escrow systems) which will be made possible with the upcoming ICO's.

They're not all scams!

As I can see, bitcoin still holds the most of the marketcap owning up to 53% which made alts helpless whenever bitcoin could go down. Yes it's better to see new projects but as long as they are still a cryptocurrency and traded against bitcoin, most of them even if they had an MVP would rely it's price whatever bitcoin's price is.
Msworld83
Copper Member

Activity: 448

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 05:29:38 AM

May be you have forgotten that when btc crash the market crash in whole manner and if this is the last crash then all will need a reset , so btc to move way high now will also make alts dip so let see how good it will be especially this December that many expecting bull.
Callanta787

Activity: 546
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2018, 05:32:30 AM

Well 90% of altcoins follows bitcoin footsteps ,when bitcoin falls they falls aswell ,so that's not a huge point at all ,the only good news I see here is getting more altcoins for cheaper prices ,now I'm able to get coins I never thought I'd owned due to low in price

Ostonian

Activity: 912
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 05:45:00 AM

I now think that everything will be the opposite. After the collapse of bitcoin, most of the altcoins follow it. Many altcoins are very dependent on bitcoin and without their support they will not survive.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 05:46:26 AM

It depends on the potential of the coin that you hold. Because I can see to it that when bitcoin price reduces, then so as the coins price go low on its rate. But it is still depends if the coin is strong enough to counter the price drop value of the bitcoin and became independent from bitcoin's price
Now, no strong potential of coins or tokens saves them from falling in value after Bitcoin. The current decrease in the price of bitcoin negatively affects altcoins. In order for such a decrease in the Bitcoin price to positively affect the remaining cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin needs to lose its high level of capitalization. Only then the cryptocurrency will develop regardless of the price of Bitcoin and, apparently, there will not be such a general fall in the cryptocurrency market.
malphite534

Activity: 319

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 05:54:31 AM

yes bitcoin is actually falling down now so if you want to have a bigger income you need to switch to investing in Altcoin because you have more choices here so the bigger the chance to make you big here.
awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:13:45 AM

Good news. thank you for the news you pour here. with news like this, people reduce anxiety a bit about the progress of cryptocurrency in the future. moreover lately many people are anxious about the development of crypto.
gohan21

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 06:50:36 AM

even though the BTC is now falling down I prefer to invest in it rather than investing in Altcoin dhil I'm sure that when the BTC price rises and returns to its former price the more I earn.
Rina Ambar

Activity: 188

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 07:28:29 AM

bitcoin is indeed falling but in my opinion it's not good news when viewed from any side, and even worse the BTC situation and all the crypto coins on the market have survived until now whether that is good news, i don't think so. even the fall of the BTC is now very drastic, and hopefully the current market situation will end soon because I'm already bored with the current market conditions.

AIGO Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
Fromse

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:13:48 AM

No, BTC crash is not a good news for anyone in crypto world. Because everything in this world is being valued by BTC price levels. If you want better environment then Bitcoins must have better price levels. When bitcoin prices are crashing down, we cannot expect any altcoin to perform better. Bitcoin price is the base for all the cryptos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: