Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 03:14:44 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Cryptocurrency Hard Fork really creating money?  (Read 117 times)
missyqt29 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:13:08 AM

I wonder if Hard Forking a cryptocurrency technology creates the same amount of transactions in the previous? Or it is okay to accept the benefits of the Hard Fork?

I just watched some videos about it and it tells about the goodness of a hard fork.
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 09:06:39 AM

I think hardforking the a crypto currency technology only creates unnecessary stress and duress
It disintegrates the value of the project and leaves it vulnerable to massive dump
It just doesn’t always makes sense

Imagine splitting my bitcoin cash, a top 5 coin into some useless dual token ?
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3052
Merit: 602

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:11:01 AM

I wonder if Hard Forking a cryptocurrency technology creates the same amount of transactions in the previous?
It does create transactions but people are getting tired of it and a lot of people are getting out of that token and transfers a better crypto. Forks nowadays are like the gold mine for some big companies as they see it as a great opportunity to make money through manipulation.

Or it is okay to accept the benefits of the Hard Fork?
It's okay if there's really a need to upgrade but I'm seeing the different perspective from the real one why they do that.

~Rent my sig before BTCTC goes to $100k~
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 10:15:54 AM

You need a big amount of the coin, so I think that it is only interesting for big investors and it will succeed only for forks where to coin have a good worth.

spngebob

Activity: 770
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:23:11 AM

Sometimes it does and sometimes investors buy coins before fork to make more money after fork, that increase coin's value and after fork bigger holder dump coins and forked coins and many lose money. If you don't believe in coin don't buy it just because there will be new chain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: