Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:27:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance - BCC gone ?  (Read 248 times)
Paulbounce (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:04:34 AM
Last edit: November 17, 2018, 09:57:07 AM by Paulbounce

Hi everyone.

I transfered my Bitcoin Cash to Binance before the fork, as they were supporting BCCABC and BCCSV. I received the new coins on a 1:1 basis. However they have removed my BCC from my wallet and I`m just left with the forked coins.

Correct me if I`m wrong here, but shouldn`t I still have my BCC and ABC / SV ?

Binance must have kept my BCC plus everyone else`s.  

Any others in the same boat thinking something is not quite right here ?

Best,
Paul
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 09:08:49 AM

I don’t know much about the hard fork scenario
The best way around it is to write to binance support and get first hand information
Don’t come to the forum to create unnecessary fud here and there

Focus and read the terms of the fork on binance
Visit their telegram group too
Fu Mei Mei

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 09:26:53 AM

Indodax has also done the same thing as Binance, they have delisted BCH from the market and instead the holders get BCC / SV so don't think if Binance scams. It looks like you are not well informed about the BCH hard fork provisions, so my advice before taking any action is better to learn it first
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:30:28 AM

You haven't read their update.

https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019875411-Binance-Has-Distributed-Bitcoin-Cash-ABC-BCHABC-Bitcoin-Cash-SV-BCHSV-and-Will-Open-Trading

They removed all BCC/BCH balances.
cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 09:43:36 AM

Hi everyone.

I transfered my Bitcoin Cash to Binance before the fork, as they were supporting BCCABC and BCCSV. I received the new coins on a 1:1 basis. However they have removed my BCC from my wallet and I`m just left with the forked coins.

Best,
Paul

I think you need more information about this whole process because you might be missing something somewhere especially if what is happening in Binance exchange is also happening somewhere else, find out before you take any other negative action. Thanks
Paulbounce (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:14:17 AM

Fair point about the thread title - I`ve changed that.

@batang_bitcoin I had did read the thread. However removing BCC balances from their platform doesn`t quite explain where everyone`s BCC have gone. They must be somewhere ?

@IVEXO - I will contact them for sure. If they reply I will post the answer here.

@Fu mei mei - If a coin is held on a wallet, the wallet holder can claim a new coin after a fork, and KEEPS the original coin. In this case Binance were the wallet holders, and must therefore, have everyone`s BCC. My question still stands - where`s my BCC gone ? Someone must have it ?
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:54:01 AM

@batang_bitcoin I had did read the thread. However removing BCC balances from their platform doesn`t quite explain where everyone`s BCC have gone. They must be somewhere ?
I won't pin point on where are those BCC balances you've got there. Since BCH ABC/SV are the upgrade of BCC, what they think about is people will just let it slip since the original fork will be less supported by the community.

The only way to know where are those is to contact them and ask them if you can retrieve it.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 10:58:47 AM

However removing BCC balances from their platform doesn`t quite explain where everyone`s BCC have gone. They must be somewhere ?

it didn't go anywhere, the name changed from BCC into something else (BCHABC)! and it is still the same altcoin and you still should have the same balance. if it is otherwise then contact support, it may be a bug with you alone. although it is unlikely. make sure you actually had some bitcoin-cash in your binance wallet first and if you are sure you had some then it should now be called BCHABC.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Paulbounce (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:15:47 AM

For sure batlang_bitcoin. This was my point - exchanges just seem to take coins and no one questions it. Surely Binance make enough money without hoarding away users coins.

I wonder how many BCC`s have disappeared from all the users they have ? Someone must be sitting on $$$$$$

I will draft a question to support now. Let`s see if they answer - some how I doubt it. Either way I`ll post back..

Any other users a little `miffed` that they have lost their BCC ?

@talkbitcoin - I definitely had BCC in my Binance account at the time of the snap shot. BCHABC was credited to my account on a ratio of 1:1 so no worries there.

BCHABC is a result of the fork though - it`s a new coin and doesn`t replace BCC. BCC hasn`t changed it`s name and still trades as a separate coin.

For example. When the Bitcoin / BCC fork happened, users had a 1:1 `free coin`. They still held BTC and BCC rather than losing all their BTC and just holding BCC.

edit - the value also is completely different. At time of posting Bitcoin Cash = $382 and Bitcoin ABC = @253

It`s not a rebrand or name change
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:36:02 AM

that is not what happened. BitcoinCash (BCC or BCH) actually changed its name into BCHABC. and as far as i can tell there is no BCC chain anymore and it was replaced by this new chain. so the fact that you no longer have any balance with the name of BCC makes sense.

you can read more about the drama on reddit.com/r/btc

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Shatterlean22

Activity: 350
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 11:57:01 AM

Yes lack of information is what makes people lose out on the bch hardfork ,including myself I thought I'd make some money with the fork but I ended up losing,next time I will do my research well before taking any decisions

storichain.io ❂ Storichain Official Bounty Campaign
• ● START: 25 JUNE 2019 ● • (https://storichain.io)
Dobby070
Copper Member

Activity: 154

www.codex.one

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:12:38 PM

Hi everyone.

Best,
Paul

I think your BCH is now transfered to the forked coin/s BCHABC and BCHSV. You cannot get your Bitcoin cash as it is supposed to be closed and open the competition between the hashes of the two new cryptocurrency that will be going to get the throne of Bitcoin cash.

Rati24

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:43:51 PM

Maybe this is an exchange. I think soon such a coin as Bitcoin Cash will not be on coinmarketcap and it will soon be removed from there and it will be replaced by two forks. Just soon will not use and maintain the exchange. Many do not like it, everyone expected to get three coins.
Thyristor

Activity: 471
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:53:10 PM

Maybe this is an exchange. I think soon such a coin as Bitcoin Cash will not be on coinmarketcap and it will soon be removed from there and it will be replaced by two forks. Just soon will not use and maintain the exchange. Many do not like it, everyone expected to get three coins.
BCHSV and BCHABC added in coinmarketcap but still now BCH exist in here also big exchange removed BCH almost 50 hours ago but in some exchange ZB and Gate.io BCH trading still ongoing in USDT pair. BCHSV going to big crash i bought 80$ per coin but now it's 127$.
mayan251

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2018, 01:04:46 PM

Binance already has no BCC. They changed to BCHABC and BCHSV. They have been listed in Binance. BCC will be removed from the list.

mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 02:06:04 PM

Do you really understand what fork is, and even if someone is still mining the old BCash chain, no exchange is out there to support it. The Bcaah chain fork into two, SV and ABC and I believe by now you should have with because most exchanges has credited their users accounts with the fork so what esle do you need
Paulbounce (OP)

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:04:16 AM

Thanks everyone for your replies.

mummybtc wrote  Do you really understand what fork is

Maybe not but I understand enough to know it`s a folk and the forked Bitcoin cash still exist in Cyberspace. Someone owns them (not me).

mummybtc wrote no exchange is out there to support it

A number of exchanges still list it and trade - Kraken being one such example.

mummybtc wrote so what esle do you need

My Bitcoin Cash. The current selling price (as I type) on Kraken is 300 euro per coin. I would like to transfer it there and trade the coins for 300 euro and also be the proud owner of ABC and SV !
anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 10:09:42 AM

They announced this scenario. This is the case when BCH is split into ABC and SV, they will delete BCH and their trading pairs on Binance and replace it with that two coins.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
BitcoinReseller

Activity: 386
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:12:12 AM

same happen on bittrex.
but later they restored BCHABC to BCH as it's the main BCH coin.
and keep BCHSV as BSV.

▓▓▓ ➤ Start Your Bitcoin Site ▓▓▓ ▓▓▓ ➤ Best Bitcoin Paying Sites ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Paulbounce (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 01:16:18 PM

Still no news from Binance about my Bitcoin Cash. Bitcoin Cash is still alive and kicking. It`s doing better than ABC and SV. I don`t see why everyone just accepts the coins vanishing in to thin air ?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: