Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:43:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Forgiveness  (Read 630 times)
irina0699 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:24:16 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1)

How can we learn to forgive ? Is it difficult for u ? Or may be others do not owe us anything ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ToRs

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 12:31:20 PM

Buddha said : Holding on to anger, is like holding burning coal in your hand to throw at others. You end up hurting yourself more. Jesus Christ said on the cross of the people who crucified him : 'Father forgive them, for they do not know what they do' This is the greatest act of forgiveness practiced by divine souls. On the other hand, resentment, grudges are slow poison, so sooner you let go, the better.
therighty

Activity: 46
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:09:18 PM

Depends on the situation, it is sometimes a lot easier to hold a grudge than to forgive
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 17, 2018, 07:25:34 PM

Forgiveness has to do with cancelling a debt. But it is like giving ahead of time.

Somebody owes you something. But you essentially give him the thing from the time when he took it from you.

Have a forgiving heart for your own benefit.

Make the person who owes you to see that he owes you, for his benefit.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to take the person to court, not with the idea of non-forgiveness, but to show him how important it is for him to repent. When you win, let him have the substance of the debt, anyway... because you have forgiven him in your heart already.  This will humiliate him more than if you took what you won, making him more indebted to you than ever. And it will strengthen you in your forgiveness resolve.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
goldreset

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:18:16 AM

Forgiving others is good. But people always think it benefits that other person. But instead, forgiving others is for our own good because it takes a lot of energy to hold grudges. Hatred will kill us slowly inside out.

Of course that doesn't mean forgiving = forgetting.

Forgive. But never forget. So one can grow to be wiser not to make the same mistake in believing in a scam. If a church pastor or a monk cheats $50million and went to jail...forgive him even though he may not repent. But never forget the event. So we can teach later generation to be wiser.
honeychilli

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:21:34 AM

Forgiving others is good. But people always think it benefits that other person. But instead, forgiving others is for our own good because it takes a lot of energy to hold grudges. Hatred will kill us slowly inside out.

Of course that doesn't mean forgiving = forgetting.

Forgive. But never forget. So one can grow to be wiser not to make the same mistake in believing in a scam. If a church pastor or a monk cheats $50million and went to jail...forgive him even though he may not repent. But never forget the event. So we can teach later generation to be wiser.

Absolutely agree. Forgiving others is giving ourselves freedom. We can be free from the emotion of hatred. 😊😎
Hanna Kallis

Activity: 63

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:39:53 AM

By letting go in this way, we are not saying that what happened to us was okay. We’re just making the choice to not be ruled by what happened, recover, make peace and move on.
jerome892

Activity: 39

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:29:00 PM

Depends on the situation, it is sometimes a lot easier to hold a grudge than to forgive
Yet this way you will let the grudge take over and actually like that you will feel much worse yourself and your hatred towards the other person probably won't hurt them but you yourself are the one who's stuck with it.
I think Hanna Kallis had a really nice thought here too.
Kristine_R02

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 05:38:49 PM

It is very difficult to learn how to forgive people. Sometimes you want to kill a person, who hurt you, and you are a very valuable and honest person if you can forgive people and feel good after that.
Chantella

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:15:21 PM

The ability to forgive is the key to happiness I think.. you'll let yourself be free of negative feelings.
tiptravel

Activity: 318

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 07:52:44 PM

You can forgive anything except betrayal. Remember this rule and live with it. For the man who betrayed you will betray you again.
SinarG

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 12:35:15 PM

I used to have trouble apologizing. But now I realized that this is simply necessary if you want to consider yourself a good person. You need to overcome yourself and apologize. Then you will feel that it has become easier for you to live and you will not have feelings of guilt. It is very important.
jollydart

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:30:07 PM

"Forgive others, not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace." - Jonathan Lockwood Huie. This quote is what comes to my mind when I find it hard to forgive someone.
logitechwow

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:52:41 PM

I don't know how to forgive people. I live by one rule: if a person betrayed you once, he will betray you a second time
Jessika L.

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:38:56 AM

Of course everybody does not owe us, but that doesn't mean that you can't forgive them. If you have something unsaid to that person, than you have to talk with him about this. That does not cost anything, but you will feel much easier. After a little talk about things about which you are still concerned, you will forgive this person during some time.
YanaVorob

Activity: 66

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:52:07 AM

“We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
ATMD

Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 07:59:33 AM

Buddha said : Holding on to anger, is like holding burning coal in your hand to throw at others. You end up hurting yourself more. Jesus Christ said on the cross of the people who crucified him : 'Father forgive them, for they do not know what they do' This is the greatest act of forgiveness practiced by divine souls. On the other hand, resentment, grudges are slow poison, so sooner you let go, the better.

Awesome quotes, these are perfect examples.

irina0699 (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:15:54 AM

Yes, it is difficult, because when a person offends you, of course it causes your feeling and self-confidence, but I always remember, that others do not owe me anything. So the do not owe love me or be my friend, that`s why it is easier to forgive
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

Forgive or not forgive, I believe that this is everyone's business. Much depends on the situation and the person in general. Someone is inclined to forgive and someone does not forgive anything at all, even little things
Hanna Kallis

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 03:26:32 PM

Forgiveness is for our own growth and happiness. When we hold on to hurt, pain, resentment, and anger it harms us far more than it harms the offender.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: