Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:52:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wished this existed so I built it. Pledge to support companies who accept BTC.  (Read 543 times)
moocoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 06:49:39 PM

Hi all,

Promise to support companies that accept Bitcoin, and NOT their competitors.  Each time you make an anonymous pledge, we email two competing companies and let them know that whoever accepts Bitcoin first wins your business.

Imagine working at the H&R Block and getting an email saying that there are 8,500 people each pledging to spend $40 filing their taxes for a total of $340,000 if you accept Bitcoin...unless TurboTax gets there first.

Come help us accelerate the adoption of Bitcoin at PledgeBitcoins.com.

This is also helpful for the businesses.  We help them gauge how much business they can drive by accepting Bitcoin so they can make intelligent decisions about how to prioritize the effort.  We help them understand that accepting Bitcoin will grow their business.  It only works if you make a pledge, so come do your good deed for the day!

You can also help by upvoting the reddit thread.

Check us out at PledgeBitcoins.com
admin@pledgebitcoins.com

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
acarterczyz

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:12:59 PM

Hi all,

Promise to support companies that accept Bitcoin, and NOT their competitors.  Each time you make an anonymous pledge, we email two competing companies and let them know that whoever accepts Bitcoin first wins your business.

Imagine working at the H&R Block and getting an email saying that there are 8,500 people each pledging to spend $40 filing their taxes for a total of $340,000 if you accept Bitcoin...unless TurboTax gets there first.

Come help us accelerate the adoption of Bitcoin at PledgeBitcoins.com.

This is also helpful for the businesses.  We help them gauge how much business they can drive by accepting Bitcoin so they can make intelligent decisions about how to prioritize the effort.  We help them understand that accepting Bitcoin will grow their business.  It only works if you make a pledge, so come do your good deed for the day!

You can also help by upvoting the reddit thread.

Check us out at PledgeBitcoins.com
admin@pledgebitcoins.com

I LOVE this concept! Very nice work!!
tkbx

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:02:55 AM

Great idea. Just sent out one for WSJ/NYT. Normally I wouldn't buy from either of them, but if one begins accepting Bitcoin I could spare a few dollars.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:36:40 AM

How do you know pledges are legit and aren't fake?
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:28:41 PM

I don't "know", but if they solve the captcha, and it looks like a legit email address, I'll send it.

rohnearner

Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 04:02:20 PM

Fascinating Idea ..! but I think there is some problem In captcha  must Fix It. ! other then that I'll say rather then being skeptical about everything we must support these kind of Initiatives which are trying to accelerate the adoption of Bitcoin. 

tkbx

Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:33:24 PM

Where do they get sent exactly? Are they just general "help desk" emails for questions or suggestions?

Also, I don't really have any at the moment, but are you open to ideas for places to add?
btc4ever

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:38:31 PM

I don't see amazon listed...

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
moocoin (OP)

Do you moo?

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 08:19:24 PM

Thank you for the feedback.  We're working to improve the site and add more businesses.

In our first 24 hours, we collected 276 pledges!  We sent out the first emails and tweets to the businesses.

Thank you to everyone who is pledging and sharing the link on Facebook and twitter!

www.PledgeBitcoins.com

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: