Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:08:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC is helping  (Read 17083 times)
Fluxtorrence9 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:07:14 PM

The more the SEC cracks down on unregistered securities posing as ICOs ,the more the atmosphere in crypto will change .IMO , ICOs will not die but they will definitely have to take a new form and STOs will play a big role. I believe this is a gods thing for the industry.
dinoloverpete

Activity: 308
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:10:59 PM

The SEC can't do nearly as much as people think. They only have authority in the US. There is still every other country that can participate in ICOs, as has been the case for quite some time now. There's also a way that they could crack down on scam ICOs without harming others but they evidently don't wish to do so.

aligator2017

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:18:38 PM

The more the SEC cracks down on unregistered securities posing as ICOs ,the more the atmosphere in crypto will change .IMO , ICOs will not die but they will definitely have to take a new form and STOs will play a big role. I believe this is a gods thing for the industry.

SEC doesn't help us. It solves the problem of clear scammers. But people can spot them by themselves.
What sec really does is building walls for startups. In IPO it was a big problem to collect money by securities issue. And small startups with great ideas were not allowed to get money from investors. ICO made this barriers disappear.
And the main task of SEC is to block such startups so the market will enter only those projects that have money on this procedure, but they are already big companies, almost always.

SEC will not help you to gain money, it is time to understand it

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
EOSex
EOS Exchange

The Exchange for the EOS Community!   

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
ICO: 15th October to 20th November

▄▄█▌
                       ▄▄██▀▀█▌
                    ▄██▀▀    █▌
 ▄              ▄▄██▀    ▄▀  █▌
▐███▄▄         ▐█▀     ▄█    █▌
▐█▌ ▀▀██▄      █▌      █ ▄▀  █▌
▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄  █▌    ▄█▀▀    █▌
▐█▌   ▄    ▀██▄█▌  ▄█▀     ▄██
▐█▌   ▀█     ▀██▌ ▄█    ▄▄██▀
▐█▌  ▄  ▀▄    ▐█▌▄█ ▄▄██▀▀
 ██   ▀▀▄█▄   ▐███▄█▀▀
  ██▄     ▀█  ▐█▀▀
   ▀▀██▄▄   █ ▐█▌
       ▀▀██▄▄███
           ▀▀▀█▌
WHITEPAPER
BTC                          ▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
             ▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
dodocum

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:19:30 PM

The SEC will admit it. But I think there is still a long time ahead of us. First of all, manipulation needs to be reduced. This is unfortunately not diminishing.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:25:55 PM

But SEC controls only the American space... Haven't you taken time to think why most ICOs don't allow Investors from the US to participate in their sales?
China too has some strict regulations against ICOs thts why their investors from China are avoided too

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:27:20 PM

It's a sign of government willing to get involved in cryptocurrency and ICO,  it will hint on possible SEC approval next year. ICO from USA might see more supports  in coming years. In the long term there might be more constrain with projects from the country when government and powerful poeple et more involved.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Conte_Forni

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

https://www.bitc2.org/

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:28:47 PM

I think the SEC will not play a big role for us, the scammers have to think about them, they fight with them, but people who invest or participate in the Bounty can determine scammers themselves, I think many already understood which projects might turn out to be scammers, and which really good ones Ico. I consider myself better than anyone in this matter!
anatolykarpov

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:31:12 PM

I agree. Sec will rule them all and then we can see a few solid projects. This will decrease the ratio of scam ICOs for sure.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
hesham51

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:35:18 PM

SEC is helping USA government not even the American investors, they freez the companies and their money no matter the USA investors. as people said SEC cannot do anything for non USA citizens neither help us.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:35:58 PM

There is limit to which SEC can do. Most times, the projects they usually have power over are those that are within or near the jurisdiction. Else, they can only watch their activities from afar without being able to do anything. Also, even if they have such power, the are some of these projects that do not reveal their identity. Therefore, investors are to learn to protect themselves.
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:39:04 PM

SEC doesn't help us. It solves the problem of clear scammers. But people can spot them by themselves.
What sec really does is building walls for startups. In IPO it was a big problem to collect money by securities issue. And small startups with great ideas were not allowed to get money from investors. ICO made this barriers disappear.
And the main task of SEC is to block such startups so the market will enter only those projects that have money on this procedure, but they are already big companies, almost always.

I don't care about SEC and I don't wanna know if SEC will help me or not cause I believe that in this crypto world nobody can help you better than yourself. If you wanna keep your money safe, try to become professional trader or investor or just be a bounty hunter or freelancer in this world then everything will be fine without SEC Smiley.
MelodyCrypto

Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:51:26 PM

but at least the SEC can help to filter out illegal projects even though in the end they can not guarantee the profit for investors but we still have hope and can continue to wait until the project really grows and generate huge profits for investors
Prompyboo

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 08:59:34 PM

I agree that ICO will change theirselfs very much in the coming year. Utility tokens will not stay alive. STOs and security tokens will occupy the highest niche in the ICO market

Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2018, 08:59:55 PM

I would rather prefer the SEC to crack down on any illegal ICO, not just in US, but think of a mechanism of ensuring it is a global thing. When you hear of cryptocurrency scam, it is mainly from illegal or unregistered ICOs.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:08:17 PM

It seems to me that they don't even try to solve any questions and just pretend. Then they postpone the decision something else. I think if they wanted to, they would have.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 09:46:36 PM

I hope SEC will clear this dirty ICO market because there is too much scam. ICO investors loose their money and ICO organizers must be punished by SEC.
slashz9

Activity: 1554
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:41:59 PM

yeah i know because news is effected to price movement of bitcoin and altcoins.
bad or good news will critical to bitcoin, i hope sec announcement will bring good news for bitcoin in dec.
Luvr1000

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 10:58:33 PM

They can change the course of history for the better, but it takes time because not everyone agrees with this, I think that in 5 years the situation will change dramatically for the better.
Transformbitz

Merit: 101

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:02:16 PM

I am not convince on the Sec Approval of cryptocurrency. Even though the price could go up but the features of security will determine how much money/crypto you have so government taxes will sue you. Anyways on the other hand. Im positive about on the future growth of decentralisation.
ricatop

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 18, 2018, 11:04:49 PM

I also believe that startups in the cryptocurrency market should undergo a more rigorous test.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: