Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:33:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: would XRP be the Standard in the future?  (Read 679 times)
soundrum
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:27:20 PM

XRP will always be a coin to reckon with at any time in the industry but I don't think it can be the standard for the future. Though the platform is well established and has proven itself so many times in the past but we shouldn't forget the platform is not fully decentralized.
v_i_p

Activity: 420
Merit: 21

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:03:21 PM

At its core, XRP is a centralized coin, as opposed to a decentralized BTC. But I think that XRP has a great prospect of becoming a standard in banking. At the moment, XRP came in second place in its market capitalization and bypassed ETH. And this once again proves the confidence of many investors in this coin.
Personally, I do not see any special advantages in this coin, except the speed of transactions. Whether this is enough to hold the lead, time will tell.
mongkie

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 04:21:36 PM

XRP is a good coin for me. i do use it because it is way faster than other coins in terms of transferring of funds. but i think the whole essence of cryptocurrency is being decentralized which XRP is not. but in the end, it is the use that matters.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Muhtaixa

Activity: 1022
Merit: 306

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:20:01 PM

I hope not. Ripple is one of my favorite projects in this market. You ask why?
1- Not decentralized. The logic of blockchain depends on decentralization. but ripple is not so. owned by a company.
2- perception management is done. they seem to have things that are not. I don't like it at all.
3- not decentralized.
4- Not decentralized.
5- Not decentralized.

AMEPAY
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
AME TRADE HERE
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
AME TRADE HERE
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
qualitywork

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 02:22:45 PM

XRP is a good coin for me. i do use it because it is way faster than other coins in terms of transferring of funds. but i think the whole essence of cryptocurrency is being decentralized which XRP is not. but in the end, it is the use that matters.

Is XRPs transactions are really fast and good? Because I never went through such a news like it is very faster than other coins like BTC and ETH. If yes then it should be much appreciated as it is planting a strong platform in crypto forum.

Sissebrahima

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:11:20 PM

Personally, I have always believed in the Ripple since I joined the crypto market participants and I will continue to believe. I really like the work of the development team. They are always in the place where peak high events occur in the crypto space. Keep a 15% portfolio in Ripple.
xrpholder1982

Activity: 95

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:43:10 PM

I hope not, because I got into crypto world just because I don't want to deal with banks... But whatever yall want, I don't care. For me, standard is bitcoin, maybe fiat values too and actual altcoins. And yes, offcourse it's eazy to be top 10 in crypto currencyes if it's not cryptocurrency, made by bankers, and is eazy manipulated since they still got more than 50% of assets in their pockets plus, don't forget about their false marketing, as a decentralized cryptocurrency... it's not decentralized as you can see here: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/  and it's not even a Cryptocurrency, it's just another shitty bank online platform as you can see on their website: https://ripple.com/xrp/   as you can see you cannot download a masternode or even a wallet.

with XRP it's like that, if you invest, you are investing on people's stupidity. gg

There's a lot to unravel here.  Look at fudgingo below and let me know if you have any questions.  I'll give you that BTC and XRP have very different consensus mechanisms.  David Schwartz recognized the faults in POW back in 2010-2013 when he created XRP and set things up differently.  He realized that POW doesn't scale and is not sustainable for the environment.  He's not alone though, David Chaum, who is a finalist for possible Satoshi just released his new project, Elixxir which looks really exciting.  Ripple currently controls 7% of the total network, that is a fact.  They have been very successful on their decentralization plan and will be completely decentralized in about a year.  Also, they never set out to be a peer to peer network, they are solving cross-border payments and all the friction associated with it.  Solving this problem is massive and will benefit the unbanked and very poor around the world much more than Wall St.  If you are sending money to a loved one in another country who makes $2/day now and you send $500 it can take up to 5 days to get there and cost $30.  Ripple, using XRP as a tool through partners like MercuryFX you can send $500 in 3 seconds and have it cost $2-3.  This will change lives in a meaningful way.   

https://fudbingo.com
xrpholder1982

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:47:48 PM

I hope not. Ripple is one of my favorite projects in this market. You ask why?
1- Not decentralized. The logic of blockchain depends on decentralization. but ripple is not so. owned by a company.
2- perception management is done. they seem to have things that are not. I don't like it at all.
3- not decentralized.
4- Not decentralized.
5- Not decentralized.

Allow me to address all of your issues with XRP.  Ripple currently controls 7% of the XRP Ledger and 27% of the UNL's and these numbers are falling rapidly.  Its more decentralized than BTC and ETH in fact.

https://fudbingo.com/the-xrp-blockchain-is-centralised

Also, to clarify Ripple is a payments company and XRP happens to be the fastest, cheapest and most secure digital asset that is the obvious tool to use when solving for the internet of value.  Please correct me if I am wrong with facts.  I love hearing other viewpoints based on facts.  I believe XRP is the best digital asset to hold for 5 years but am open to being wrong and understanding why.  Thanks in advance!
xrpholder1982

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 07:51:44 PM

[/quote]

CZ is not a fool. The only reason he listed Ripple is the regularly high volume in trading. Ripple has good marketing and an impressive customer list. All banks of course  Roll Eyes. Does not change the fact that there is no proof of work, no decentralisation and no open access. Also a supply than can increase anytime. I would not touch it.
[/quote]

Wow, again so much misinformation here.  Please spend some time here and let me know if you have any questions.  Ripple currently controls just 7% of the XRP Ledger and 27% of the UNL's.  You are correct that they use a different consensus mechanism because of the obvious flaws in proof of work.  Its not scalable and not sustainable for our planet.  Also, Ripple cannon increase the supply.  100 Billion were created and thats it. 

https://fudbingo.com/
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: