Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Hottest Coins: Forecast  (Read 1169 times)
coinforecasts (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 07:39:54 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2014, 08:27:22 PM by coinforecasts

Dear coin holders!

We're starting our new thread associated with the alternate cryptocurrencies and their predicted values (regression analysis) within the short term. We will be also providing you with a simulation model (Monte Carlo) of the returns for the most demanded alt coins. Based on this simulation you can pick up the most suitable and profitable newfound coin or set of coins for yourself. Any comments or questions are welcome!

siarhei

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:43:07 PM

Soon the info on hottest coins will be posted. Get in touch!
coinforecasts (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:02:47 PM

Dear coin holders!

Today we're going to provide you with some statistical analysis and Monte Carlo simulation of a coin called CounterParty. Currently it remains in TOP 10 daily gainers with a mean return of 5%. Volatility constitutes 23% (as of March 9rd) but it doesn't mean CounterParty is a risky investment. Check our data out!

http://i60.tinypic.com/2emn4sm.png

We're using Monte Carlo to simulate path (sources of uncertainty) of potential returns of a given variable. Based on our mean and st deviation we come up with predicted normally distributed values within the 13h-23h time frame (trading hours). If you were to purchase 100 XCP coins initially and put in additional 10 every hour your final value would be as mentioned above. We also calculated valuer at risk model (VaR) of the simulated returns that says an investor would face a 5% probability of loosing a portion of the entire investment (which is not very risky). As such we might assume that CounterParty is a quite sustainable coin to keep your funds safe (or invest).

Any questions and comments are welcome!
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:09:41 PM

While you're busy doing the analysis it seems everyone is buying LTC because news.cn

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
coinforecasts (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:20:55 PM

While you're busy doing the analysis it seems everyone is buying LTC because news.cn

Investing in one single coin maximize your risk and minimize utility because you have no plan B. You can make profits only with Litecoin or a set of different coins including Litecoin as well.
davidpbrown

Activity: 531
Merit: 260

Vires in Numeris

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:35:54 PM

Obviously so.

Bitcoin1.0 established coins are always worth a look for long term - PPC; NMC; LTC.

Bitcoin2.0 protocol coins then for the big win.. capability to do trade is beyond anything currency coins can offer. So, ProtoShares PTS and the BTS that follow; NxtCoin NXT; Mastercoin MSC; Counterparty XCP.

฿://12vxXHdmurFP3tpPk7bt6YrM3XPiftA82s
zuanshi2014

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:52:47 PM

学习下啊
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:58:22 PM

Dear coin holders!

Today we're going to provide you with some statistical analysis and Monte Carlo simulation of a coin called CounterParty. Currently it remains in TOP 10 daily gainers with a mean return of 5%. Volatility constitutes 23% (as of March 9rd) but it doesn't mean CounterParty is a risky investment. Check our data out!

We're using Monte Carlo to simulate path (sources of uncertainty) of potential returns of a given variable. Based on our mean and st deviation we come up with predicted normally distributed values within the 13h-23h time frame (trading hours). If you were to purchase 100 XCP coins initially and put in additional 10 every hour your final value would be as mentioned above. We also calculated valuer at risk model (VaR) of the simulated returns that says an investor would face a 5% probability of loosing a portion of the entire investment (which is not very risky). As such we might assume that CounterParty is a quite sustainable coin to keep your funds safe (or invest).

what excel function did you use??
coinforecasts (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:20:13 PM

Obviously so.

Bitcoin1.0 established coins are always worth a look for long term - PPC; NMC; LTC.

Bitcoin2.0 protocol coins then for the big win.. capability to do trade is beyond anything currency coins can offer. So, ProtoShares PTS and the BTS that follow; NxtCoin NXT; Mastercoin MSC; Counterparty XCP.

Good point but due to constant volatility on the coin market I cannot say PPC; NMC; LTC are always worth for a long term. Our idea here is to model potential returns of different altcoins and weight their prons and cons. PPC; NMC; LTC are worth due to relatively high capitalization but they may tumble at railway speed. Probably CounterParty is not our great example but what I am seeing right now is that this coin is quite steady. We can come up with a diversified portfolio of most common altcoins and analyze them in terms riskiness and utility.

P.S. I am closely watching a potential resistance at 17.58 for Litecoin. If we see a breakout we can keep buying coins.

coinforecasts (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:42:00 PM

For those who want to hold various cryptocurrencies and compare therm with each other, we can compile a portfolio of different altcoins and calculate their average return, correlation coefficient, weights* sigma composition, efficient frontier, etc. Just let us know what you're up to!

(Example)
http://i59.tinypic.com/206ioes.png
coinforecasts (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 05:10:24 PM

Dear coin holders!

I am really sorry but we're planning on launching a paid subscription to our material and therefore cannot just write you a function. Hope you understand it.
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:12:22 AM

Dear coin holders!

I am really sorry but we're planning on launching a paid subscription to our material and therefore cannot just write you a function. Hope you understand it.

i get it man Smiley

I'm sorry, i think that you have used some excel's original function Smiley

good luck!
coinforecasts (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 02:01:00 PM

Dear coin holders!

i get it man Smiley

I'm sorry, i think that you have used some excel's original function Smiley

good luck!

If you get interested in our services we can compile a well-diversified portfolio for you. 5-6 preferred coins with expected short-term return and potential risk. Just let us know what you're up to!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: