Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading  (Read 306 times)
Franz14 (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:12:07 PM

Do you like to read? What is reading for you? Fun or vital necessity?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AkexA95

Activity: 87

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:19:48 PM

Yes, I like reading! For me, reading is a need. I need to read at least one book once a month.
Cloudy

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 06:33:56 PM

I like reading. I have a lot of books to read but Im out of time. So often I listen to audiobooks - Its my way to stay well-read
PlutoNim

Activity: 136

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 07:06:47 PM

For me, reading is entertainment. I read if i find something interesting. But I can live without books.
custard7

Activity: 33
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:04:47 PM

Yes! I read a book a week, so many good ones. I wish I could read more.
Zeth

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:27:46 PM

Yes! I read a book a week, so many good ones. I wish I could read more.
One book every week? I suppose you have a lot of time )) Or maybe its very thin book? What books do you read?
ToRs

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:55:23 PM

For me reading was extra special since I had a lot of difficulty learning to read.
icolist.today

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2018, 11:06:05 PM

I like to read, it helps me to relax
flametoken
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:37:06 AM

What better way to gather the knowledge of others than by reading books?

When I was younger I enjoyed reading Science-Fiction books (especially Dune series from Frank Herbert and Foundation series from Isaac Asimov). In the past 6-7 years I switched to more non-fiction books, as I try to gather as much knowledge that I can in very unrelated domains. Because reading something outside of your focus are will allow you to broaden your knowledge and maybe find solutions to a problem that you are facing from a completely unrelated field.
GigaGrid

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 01:38:45 PM

Reading keeps me entertained and I'm not like lots of others I know. Reading books make you smarter and it increases your ability to comprehend. Over time, it will increase your readibility. It helps in many ways, but I just read for the fun of it.
stevenirons21

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:40:19 PM

Sometimes, it helps me find entertainment and knowledge not vital but a good way to develop yourself as a person depending on what you read.
omegasoldier

Activity: 179

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 06:58:21 PM

When I was younger I enjoyed reading Science-Fiction books (especially Dune series from Frank Herbert and Foundation series from Isaac Asimov). In the past 6-7 years I switched to more non-fiction books, as I try to gather as much knowledge that I can in very unrelated domains. Because reading something outside of your focus are will allow you to broaden your knowledge and maybe find solutions to a problem that you are facing from a completely unrelated field.

Kudos for Dune! Also my favorite, as well as Hyperion.
As for learning source, I don`t quite agree. For modern younger generation visual information may be more effective for education.
gasdan

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 07:17:19 PM

Oчeнь нpaвитьcя aвтop Poбepт Кийocaки !!!oтличный мoтивaтop!
flametoken
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 12:56:31 PM

Kudos for Dune! Also my favorite, as well as Hyperion.
As for learning source, I don`t quite agree. For modern younger generation visual information may be more effective for education.

You are correct, I have a lot of friends who are avid devours of video content. This is the reason Youtube is the second largest search engine, after Google. But the problem I see with visual education is the feeling of understanding it gives you (see this video for an explanation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-UvSKe8jW4). You watch a video, feel that you understand the problem and then move over to another video. But without sedimentation of the information, it will not pass the barrier between short-term memory and long-term memory so trying to recall something you saw in a video yesterday or to explain the concepts exposed there will prove difficult.

But reading is a task in itself, it takes time and your brain is hard at work visualizing the information you read. This stuff helps you settle the information better in the long-term memory, because it also involves imagination from your part.

Thanks for the suggestion on Hyperion, I will look it up and add it to my read list.
EntryPoint

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:24:44 PM

I love reading! Exploring other wolds, character's stories, being a part of those stories is absolutely fantastic!
logitechwow

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:08:24 PM

Reading for me is about getting new information into your brain and replenishing your vocabulary.
Reading is cool.
Reading people are very smart
Amadeo33

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:14:57 PM

I enjoy reading. For me there are two types of reading: entertaining and informative.
The first is often more interesting. The second type is rather a necessity.
Nesferattu

Activity: 40

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 04:41:09 PM

Very much I like to read novels
clareyancey215

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:49:37 PM

I enjoy reading, I dont read very often though.
Ben

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:41:10 PM

I like to read when I have free time
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: