Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:02:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Depression.. the disease of our times?  (Read 344 times)
much_word (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:30:43 PM

I hear more and more young people around me that they feel depressed, alone and lonely.. I am not sure if they totally understand what depression is and how does that feel.
Sometimes I want to punch them in the face when i hear them like: "omg, he broke up with me after one month, i am sooo depressed!". Seriously now, it's been one month!
Anyway, i think young people nowadays really like to play the victim and look powerless in front of the society so they can victimize themselves and then people to emphasize with them and feel pity for them.
I am just sick of hearing people: I am so depressed. They have no idea how depression eats you alive from the inside..

Am I right? Do you see it my way?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 08:36:51 PM

Wanna overcome your depression? Look at it as a friend. Try to make friends with it. Immerse yourself in it. Play with it. After a while, it will become so familiar to you that it won't bother you anymore.

Also, get off as many medical drugs as you can. Medical drugs tend to make it stronger in the long run, even if they seem to reduce it at first.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Dawson

Activity: 55
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:29:49 PM

You obviously don't understand depression. More than sadness, it's tiredness that wears you out. Lack of energy and will and motivation and self-discipline. You suggest setting goals, taking on responsibilities, writting, exercising, socializing? *Doing* so much stuff when you literally use the 100% of your energy to just get up in the morning? I doubt that you have ever felt depressed - even for a couple of hours.
GigaGrid

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 19, 2018, 09:41:17 PM

Damned depression. It always gets me, it's so hard to overcome. I hate this feeling! I don't even think my loved ones "love me". It just gets worst time to time.
Coinifyx

Activity: 182

Personal Text

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 03:17:42 AM

I do believe most people are depressed, I would be depressed too if I was as stupid as them

Nothing to say
coins4commies

Activity: 952
Merit: 175

@cryptocommies

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:16:59 AM

The realisation that despite great privilege and work ethic, no matter how high you climb, no matter how many throats you stomp on, you will never overcome alienation to reach happiness.  
Anxious? Depressed? You might be suffering from capitalism: Contradictory class locations and the prevalence of depression and anxiety in the United States
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4609238/
Regarding stress theory, our findings suggest that class relations may structure exposure to depressogenic and anxiogenic occupations, and that stresses from workplace domination and exploitation may extend beyond those associated with the relative material disadvantage that is a consequence of domination and exploitation.
malading

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 09:51:34 AM

Depression is a terminal illness and must be treated quickly. This disease is usually accompanied by a collapse of personality. The probability of suicide in patients is very high, and people should pay attention to such mental illness. Special gamblers are the most vulnerable to depression.

Dawson

Activity: 55

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 12:36:38 PM

Pets, pets, pets. I can't recommend them enough for depression, at least from personal experience. They don't help you reframe your life - they're not a cure - but they are comforting, and at the worst of times, that's vital.
clareyancey215

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:59:33 PM

Social media is often the cause of a great part of depression, it makes you focus more on others than on yourself, a non stop comparison of you vs others, trying to fit in. Reduce the time spent on social media and you will start focusing on yourself, on the tasks you like doing on the things you gotta do to feel accomplished and so on.
Cloudy

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 04:49:34 PM

great post. there is really not enough discussion of depression in general and many people feel ashamed or embarrassed about it in the first place. the realization that one gets an infinite number of do-overs (for most things, anyway) is pretty powerful.
Ying

Activity: 37

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:23:57 PM

One has to remember all things pass, and whatever you are feeling will pass. You must control your emotions or be controlled by them. Looking at them clinically, detached, in the abstract, can help, both with feeling them and feeling distinct from them.
Teleshot

Activity: 38
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 05:51:45 PM

J.K. Rowling was asked about the Dementors in the Harry Potter books who suck all the joy out of life.

(Rowling is asked about dementors being “a description of depression”):
“Yes. That is exactly what they are. It was entirely conscious. And entirely from my own experience. Depression is the most unpleasant thing I have ever experienced. It is that absence of being able to envisage that you will ever be cheerful again. The absence of hope. That very deadened feeling, which is so very different from feeling sad. Sad hurts but it’s a healthy feeling. It’s a necessary thing to feel. Depression is very different.”
“I think [dementors] are the scariest things I’ve written.”
–J.K. Rowling, June 2000 & March 2001

We could all use a patronus charm (which comes from our happiest memories).
Marsel12

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 08:52:31 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2018, 09:02:58 PM by Marsel12

I think that in many situations we are not dealing with real depression. But people tend to exaggerate their troubles and failures. It may seem to you that a person is worried about trifles, but for him it may be more serious. And this is a normal situation. In this case, it is better to simply leave the person to deal with his problem on his own or give time to overcome it.
But as for depression, this is completely different. This is a serious illness that a person usually cannot cope with on their own. In this case, it is necessary to contact a psychotherapist, so that the situation is not out of control.
Therefore, it is necessary to separate the usual experiences, which are the norm, and depression, which is a disease. In any case, it is necessary to be tolerant and with understanding to the feelings and mental state of other people. If you can help with something, help. If not, pass by without reproach.
daniel08

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:08:34 AM

Its a disease to many people nowadays because of problems that they cannot resolve , they feel depress about it and not only having a big problems why depression occurs to people , there is the heartache , failures , and overthinking to something nor someone. Depression nowadays leads to death of a person who us feeling it , and the only resolve for them is to kill themselves by means of suicidal.

QDAO USDQ     |     Platinum StatableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀   $1MLN BOUNTY POOL   / / / J O I N / / /   ▀█
WHITEPAPER                FACEBOOK                TWITTER                TELEGRAM                ANN THREAD
Palau2018

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:22:04 PM

My depression was caused by the death of my brother and took me by surprise. At that time I was the parent of young children and needed to be available to my family. Drug and talk therapy combined to bring me back.
tightcoat490

Activity: 18

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 02:47:57 PM

Everything happens for a reason and whenever you go against nature you get fucked over in the end. Most people are not eating the right food, getting enough sleep getting enough exercise, spending time outdoors, or spending time with family because they are prioritizing the wrong things.

This is a recipe for sadness!

People are stressed out trying to keep up with the Joneses to feel important and "successful." Obsessed over buying objects and often going into debt to pay for them. 

The only thing that will make you happy is to be happy with what you already have and do what you really want to do.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 03:16:59 PM

Depression is no joke at all. It is a serious mental health issue that people of large number are experiencing. Some of them were clinically diagnosed while some of them weren't aware whether they are undergoing to a depression or not. Depression is way way beyond just sadness, it is more of emptiness. And at this point of time, many people were experiencing this as compared to the previous years. However, I do not think that depression is a matter of trend well in fact, what's on trend may be the cause of their depression. I think depression is becoming the disease of today because of the vague effect of social media to our lives. Thus, attracring more possible conflict to the point that it is hard to resolve.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 06:16:04 PM

I think what most young people thinks is depression is just loneliness and pain at a moment, well depression grows with time and eat it victims from the inside, depression is highly deadly even more deadly then cancer. But depression can still be overcome with hard work and lots of mental exercise.
DorisHank65

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:27:37 PM

In my opinion depression is the excuse of the weak for not standing up. To stay down.
LeoRaj

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:12:54 PM

I hear more and more young people around me that they feel depressed, alone and lonely.. I am not sure if they totally understand what depression is and how does that feel.
Sometimes I want to punch them in the face when i hear them like: "omg, he broke up with me after one month, i am sooo depressed!". Seriously now, it's been one month!
Anyway, i think young people nowadays really like to play the victim and look powerless in front of the society so they can victimize themselves and then people to emphasize with them and feel pity for them.
I am just sick of hearing people: I am so depressed. They have no idea how depression eats you alive from the inside..

Am I right? Do you see it my way?

You are absolutely right. I see it that way too and have a mutual feeling about the punch because they wont even try to understand what you are trying to explain.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: