Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:56:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO devs should fear bounty hunters!!  (Read 878 times)
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:31:28 PM

Yep all we have that problem sometime devs think bounty hunters are just people who make this for fun just like hobby and if they wouldnt pay its not a problem.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

acheampong64

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:42:43 PM

The only better option would've been for forum moderators and "senior members" to help. Many suggestions have been given to help make things better. It seems hunters have been exploited for so long a time. It's a huge canker. Sometimes you will follow up and even get bored. It's so sad.
maldini

Activity: 952
Merit: 308

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 08:37:51 PM

In my opinion it is a risk from the bounty hunter in general, there is nothing to fear because both have a very important role in the success of an ICO program. What needs to be considered in the future in my opinion is analysis in looking for a bounty project
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 09:38:14 PM

I've seen so many threads like this pop up the last couple of weeks and it kinda baffles me that people still fall into these traps.

Just don't work for projects that are not willing to pay you upfront. Is it that hard?
Aside from that, do you even have any legal grounds where you could demand payment from them?

I'm sure that these projects have themselves covered, so there's absolutely nothing you can do.

Don't work for projects that are not willing to compensate you upfront.

totally it's all very true and I agree with you dude
but if we talk about hunters working at the ico project it might be very difficult to find projects that are willing to pay in upfront

No it's not, they're not going publish whether they'd pay someone upfront or not. You actually have to contact them yourself with an offer.
If you have marketable skills, they will spend the money. If they don't, move on and count yourself lucky that you didn't get scammed.

Why do they pay these bounties? To get more exposure for their project...
If you can verifiably give them that exposure, they would just jump on any offer you make them.

The golden days for bounty hunters are over, you really need a different strategy than what worked before.

nytrolic

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:49:45 PM

Yes you are completely right. We are doing very valuable work for icos and after that process they are extending time or maybe they are not giving tokens for us. Or they want kyc from us at the end of bounty. So these are all very bad and they should know that we can do also negative advertisement for icos. That is our power. If they will waste our time we can also do some negative things to their project. So yes they have to fear bounty hunters.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
ataki

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:51:09 PM

Before the campaign start, ideally hunters should know if there will be KYC requirement or not and they can decide if they want to participate or not. In practice we know that the organizers of the bounty can change their own rules and can ask anything they want. Until we won`t be united we cannot do anything against it.
jbarcenas18

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 09:58:35 PM

Some bounty hunters here are the victim of project that provide data which catch hunters to join, I am one of the victim too. I do have a black list of bounty managers who doing scam.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
Yaddady

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:12:24 PM

I always go after those that scam me. If you steal from me not only will I trash your current project but you end up on my shitlist and I will trash every project you attach yourself to. I will not just restrict my activity to social media. If you are on my shitlist and I find your are attending a blockchain event I will make a point of finding you and publicly calling you out for being a thief. I enjoy confrontation and making people feel uncomfortable so having the chance to go after scammers is fun for me.

Mahn, this is next level shit and I love it. Confronting them and calling them out in events they attend is epic for me and I wish everyone could summon the courage to this, it would bring some sanity into the space and also serve as deterrent to others who plan use bounty hunters and not pay what's due to them at the end of the day. Nice one man
qtronix

Activity: 596

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:21:55 PM

If this is a fraudulent project and the developers initially did not intend to pay anything bounty hunters, then we will not be able to make them afraid. They simply do not care and we dont will be able to affect something.
oneidentity

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:11:51 PM

Before the campaign start, ideally hunters should know if there will be KYC requirement or not and they can decide if they want to participate or not. In practice we know that the organizers of the bounty can change their own rules and can ask anything they want. Until we won`t be united we cannot do anything against it.
The forum has long discussed the idea of creating a union of hunters for generosity. we must unite to assert our rights.
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:29:15 PM

I agree that bounty hunters have a huge impact on any campaign and bounty platform, just look at what happens to bountyhunters.io one post and ruin that  their reputation, they thought that bountyhunters will just say yes to all their instructions, not it backfired very badly.
mightwalker

Activity: 266
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 11:44:57 PM

You should learn about how to choose a good ICO to do bounty. Different with investors, we invest effort and time

imusify.com ❰        Award winning blockchain music platform        ❱ imusify.com
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:15:01 AM

the awful lot indeed ICO running unlike the path already set. but the bounty hunter must also be selective in this respect so as not to continue to be stuck by the number of ICO which led to fraud. ICO and bounty are interrelated and if in this case the start no trust then good bounty and ICO will be equally unsuccessful.
Karlinz
Copper Member

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:25:49 AM

There nothing more pathetic than feeling of disappointment and being used and dumped. Bounty hunting is a really tasking and time consuming, every participant deserves adequate and agreed compensation. It is quite regrettable that a good number of them exit scam while others have just normal shortfalls. I participated one Mobu bounty managed by Amazix, major promises of the bounty were not kept and most hunters were obviously disappointed and sad

🌱 KNL Ecosystem 🌱                                                                                                                                         
                     Invest. Trade. Earn                  SECTORS OF TOKENIZATION  | Agriculture, Real estate, Oil industry, Fintech, Other industries   
                                                    /                                                      Telegram | Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Medium | Btt
Cacingkemi

Activity: 1484
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:46:29 AM

This truth should we all realize for hunters or dev and all people who are members of this business.True bounty hunters are promoting the project's goal to succeed the project,if its found they are't paid its a problem for the dev project.We all need to be relevant in a business unit that is crypto where the true reality is mutually beneficial not to drop.KYC is applied for the purpose of not manipulating work but in this business priority is decentralized and anonymity yeah agree to Mr.Indrawan77 for your words.

pragna

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:57:00 AM

I as a bounty hunter am sick of not being paid and being asked for KYC after I do the work instead of before. I am tired of scams and I am tired of being treated badly.

We should not be the ones fearing ICO devs they should fear us!! If we can promote then that quickly then imagine how quickly we can bring then down? This will make ICO devs think twice next time about not paying or not giving you those few stakes you were owed even though you almost begged for them.

So there you have it. What are your thoughts?

Also thanks to user Lloyd (not sure if it is spelt right) for giving neg trust to bountyhunters.io and protecting us bounty hunters. We do appreciate it. Guys it is time we started protecting ourselves. We are people we deserve respect. I know many of you put a lot of work into bounty hunting and you know the sting of not being paid. We need to stand up for one another or they will just keep taking advantage of us.

If you do work, do you not expect some form of compensation for your time? After all that is what you doing it for.

yes to make a project successful bounty hunters and project developers both are very important. Actually maximum work(promotion) done by bounty hunters. They promote a bounty campaign in different way that investors response for investment. But matter of sorrow that, now a days maximum are scammers in bounty and managers are not concern about this. On the other hand Devs commitment are not well in this time. They are braking their commitment. So its very very panic yet.
Nastinmel

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:41:33 PM

I as a bounty hunter am sick of not being paid and being asked for KYC after I do the work instead of before. I am tired of scams and I am tired of being treated badly.

We should not be the ones fearing ICO devs they should fear us!! If we can promote then that quickly then imagine how quickly we can bring then down? This will make ICO devs think twice next time about not paying or not giving you those few stakes you were owed even though you almost begged for them.

So there you have it. What are your thoughts?

Also thanks to user Lloyd (not sure if it is spelt right) for giving neg trust to bountyhunters.io and protecting us bounty hunters. We do appreciate it. Guys it is time we started protecting ourselves. We are people we deserve respect. I know many of you put a lot of work into bounty hunting and you know the sting of not being paid. We need to stand up for one another or they will just keep taking advantage of us.

If you do work, do you not expect some form of compensation for your time? After all that is what you doing it for.

You're late with your manifesto. people aren't interested in the attitude of managers cause they decide whether to leave the market or not. The market is "bleeding", and those are Bounty hunters who are suffering the most. I'm afraid you won't gain support.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 04:06:06 PM

Yep all we have that problem sometime devs think bounty hunters are just people who make this for fun just like hobby and if they wouldnt pay its not a problem.

Tired of this situation already. You should register, learn the rules, do the tasks carefully and then recheck the results to be sure that every task was counted properly. Sometimes this leads to arguing with bounty manager and in most cases they don't care if you are right or not.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Ryan Dugan

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 04:53:42 PM

Add Howdoo to the shitlist they can be the first project we take down. They asked KYC 2 days ago and the bounty ended many many months ago. Not fair.
Start a telegram and lets get together and do something about. We obviously have to protect ourselves and one another. I will protect my fellow bounty hunter.

auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:03:36 PM

I believe if all the bounty participants think the same as what you think, then of course bounty participants will have better rewards and have an important place in the ICO project, the one I hate the most is ICO scam, we can hardly distinguish it. For bounty hunters, be smart in choosing a bounty campaign that can give something good
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: