Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:10:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Market Crash 2018: It's History Baby!  (Read 691 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:49:19 PM

You should have sold all the coins very early, so the market crash has almost no loss for you

In a market you are likely to be a loser whatever you end up doing.

I see a lot people now regret having held their coins instead of selling them, but that's nonsense talk after the price has gone down. What if you sold at $19,000 and the price kept going up to $50,000 by now? You would be dealing with the same form of disappointment. Losing money for most people is psychologically no different from losing out on potential profits by selling way too early.

People's main problem is that they are too dependent on the money they invest in crypto. It's either borrowed, or their life savings. No wonder they feel horrible.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 08:14:43 PM

You should have sold all the coins very early, so the market crash has almost no loss for you

I see a lot people now regret having held their coins instead of selling them, but that's nonsense talk after the price has gone down. What if you sold at $19,000 and the price kept going up to $50,000 by now? You would be dealing with the same form of disappointment. Losing money for most people is psychologically no different from losing out on potential profits by selling way too early.

People's main problem is that they are too dependent on the money they invest in crypto. It's either borrowed, or their life savings. No wonder they feel horrible.

I still remember when bitcoin started his bull run after 2013's fatal MtGox crash which is the biggest crash ever on bitcoin including the current one (well actually there was one even worse in 2011 I think, a 90% crash). Anyway, the point is, I remember when the price started going up and then approaching the $1300 former ATH a lot of people were saying to sell because wouldn't break it, or it would quickly collapse. We will see something similar when we are near $19k again.

And remember that many analysts got it wrong. Tone Vays said $7500 best case scenario for 2017, so we are going to once again see a new ATH that blows everyone's minds and most people will sell way too early.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 09:09:37 PM

The year 2018 is going to be recorded as one of the years with the worst cryptocurrency market crash ever.
But hey, this is not the first time for the market crash (remember 2013) and it is not the end of a line for the cryptocurrency.

I honestly don't see this as anything out of the norm for bitcoin.

Last year was full of FOMO buying and a bubble resulted, lifting prices up to levels that were way too high to sustain. This year is just the correction of that. If people expect bitcoin to continuously go up all the time then they are absolutely crazy, because no asset class can ever offer that kind of returns.

What we're seeing is the bearish stage of the bitcoin market cycle, exactly what we have seen in 2014-2015. I do expect this bear market to continue for at least a few more months, but there is really no reason to panic sell. I think that contrarian investing at this stage of the bear market where prices are near the floor would be a good strategy. Start buying, before the next bull market swings by again and the same thing happens.

Smiley
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 09:27:43 PM

if this cycle ends up mirroring 2011, the target is close to $1200. Shocked it would be pretty depressing to see bears threatening the 2013 ATH!

i'm hopeful the crash will end by 85%, near the $3000 support. whatever happens, it probably won't parallel either the 2011 or 2014 cycles to the tee. markets rarely repeat things exactly.

Perhaps this crash will encourage new investors to buy Bitcoin or other crypto currencies. Many people said they regret that they didn't buy BTC in early times when its price was low. Now some of them are likely to be coin holders. New money may appear on the crypto exchange markets due to this collapse.

most people who say that won't actually buy when the time comes. during bear markets like this, new investors won't come near this market with a ten foot pole. that's how sentiment tends to work: during the bull run, everyone wants to buy. after the price has crashed, most people are too scared to buy.

newbies are usually weak hands too. they're much more likely to sell the bottom than to buy it. Tongue

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:06:15 PM

And remember that many analysts got it wrong. Tone Vays said $7500 best case scenario for 2017, so we are going to once again see a new ATH that blows everyone's minds and most people will sell way too early.

Analysts are lazy ass parasites. Tone Vays isn't much different. They keep guessing till they are right, oh boy, what was Tone happy with his $5000 prediction this month. Because of how the price just didn't want to drop below $6000 he was nearly at a point he would adjust his prediction upwards, and now acts like he said it would happen, lol.

I am pretty certain that the next bull run might peak out above $1 trillion in market cap for Bitcoin. That being said, we all know that reaching crazy price levels isn't a problem for Bitcoin, supporting them is. If it tanks with 80-90% again, that would be quite something. I'm not sure how many more times Bitcoin can pull off something like that, because eventually it should be able to mature in that regard.
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:45:20 PM

The year 2018 is going to be recorded as one of the years with the worst cryptocurrency market crash ever.
But hey, this is not the first time for the market crash (remember 2013) and it is not the end of a line for the cryptocurrency.
For me, all I see is another big opportunity to buy more bitcoins. Heck, the bitcoin cash looks awesome too Shocked plus some good looking altcoins.

As I thought so, whether it is the worst year or not I believe bitcoin will fall so deep. But, after that, the price will soar, even little by little, it will hit the top again. I can't guarantee that since there's no pattern or certainty of when it will take, or how long the worst period will end, but I do believe that Up-Down are common in bitcoin, they take turn. Nobody knows when, but it's true happen. In this situation, keep patient and careful of what step we choose is very important.
Kevin77
Legendary

Merit: 1057

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 02:58:25 PM

I think this was a lot harder to achieve compared to any other market crash in bitcoins history.

When the prices dropped back in the day it was easily understandable because there was not enough volume at all and the price dropped only couple hundred in total, maximum of a thousand dollars at most.

However right now, it must have been a lot harder considering the price was at around 20 thousand dollars at the start of the year and it must have required so many billions of dollars to be sold and bought in order to drop the price this significantly.

I have seen a lot of people compare this drop to some other ones but never in bitcoin history there has been this much of a drop with this much volume at hands. Even during its peak volumes at 2013-14-15 years the volume wasn't even remotely around these levels. Lets hope we can get out of this soon.
BlackPanda
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 03:12:39 PM

This is a history, yes even though things like this often happen but maybe for some people who are new to the crypto world then this is history. the significant price reduction is a reason why we have had a tremendous surprise. This history will continue to be recorded and I'm sure all crypto users will recognize the sad events like this. 2018 It is indeed not a good year, but we must continue to strive and hope that in the following year the situation will be much better.
fabiorem

Activity: 1400
Merit: 347

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 03:50:27 PM

the 2014 bear market (longest to date) took 14 months from top to bottom, followed by 9 months of sideways. we're currently 11 months into this bear market. so that gives us some idea of the possibilities.

I would put a recovery only after may 2019, and a new ATH only in 2020.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:22:32 PM

Only if you get stuck with that thinking will you be a loser. The people who are winners are the ones who focus on processes around decision making instead of on the success of a decision. There is no such thing as perfect information in this market or any other free market so you can only ever make the right decisions at the time, if they turn out to be wrong then you have to accept that you did the best you could.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 04:26:42 PM

We already see some grow of bitcoin price, maybe this can be the sign that bull run will start soon or maybe not, i don't know what to say, but i think that bitcoin will grow and next month will be at least over 6000$ again.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Merit: 1483

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 07:41:55 PM

I have seen a lot of people compare this drop to some other ones but never in bitcoin history there has been this much of a drop with this much volume at hands. Even during its peak volumes at 2013-14-15 years the volume wasn't even remotely around these levels. Lets hope we can get out of this soon.

if you think about it, that's been true of every previous bull cycle too. when bitcoin crashed in 2014, the amount of distribution in dollar terms was unprecedented, just like it is now. every cycle is unprecedented in a lot of ways, so we shouldn't be surprised.

anyway, we've now seen a nice 25% bounce from the carnage a few days ago. shorts haven't dropped at all, so i imagine this will push higher. i'm skeptical the bear market is over, but i think we may have seen the worst in terms of percentage losses.

neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:44:51 AM

That’s what I am trying to say all the time, it is too early to bury blockchain and its future. "The blow bubble" predictions have bean said so many times and nothing happened, so I am just sitting and watching. Spoiling your nerves and FUDding is the last option.
This is not even a matter of FUD; this is more like the market writing another history. Just as the picture posted by cellard above, a time will come in this market when people rather than worrying will be looking at this market and saying a time like this when the price dropped from $19800 to whatever you can think in your head right now.

But that is it, just plain history as we all know that in the long run, this market will recover and we will definitely get to see the market back on its feet with even more interesting values to cover as we move on. The same scenario will happen again, some will buy even at higher prices, and then we will see how we will get back relating to this moment eventually.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:38:29 PM

That’s what I am trying to say all the time, it is too early to bury blockchain and its future. "The blow bubble" predictions have bean said so many times and nothing happened, so I am just sitting and watching. Spoiling your nerves and FUDding is the last option.
This is not even a matter of FUD; this is more like the market writing another history. Just as the picture posted by cellard above, a time will come in this market when people rather than worrying will be looking at this market and saying a time like this when the price dropped from $19800 to whatever you can think in your head right now.

But that is it, just plain history as we all know that in the long run, this market will recover and we will definitely get to see the market back on its feet with even more interesting values to cover as we move on. The same scenario will happen again, some will buy even at higher prices, and then we will see how we will get back relating to this moment eventually.

Well it's a cycle alright and it happens not just with crypto but even with stocks and forex. And these kinds of heavy volatility are normal for any industry that's just starting up. We may recover and we may have an even greater decline in the future with more losses. It's just how things go.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
arinalwa

Activity: 76
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:11:49 AM

You could be right but on the other hand it is just so hard to keep some postive view in this absolute panic selling what is going on now. This just shows that there is a very long way ahead of us towards some rational market recovery.
There is a lot of positive view to keep here if I am asked. Considering the aspect where you are getting to buy at a lower price than earlier this year or late last year, I guess that is a huge positivity one can easily relate to. You know a lot of people may not see it that way, as they let themselves get blinded by what is going on in the market rather than looking at the future to determine the actions they will be taking now.

If you concentrate too much on now, the chances of missing the now opportunities is something that is practically bound to happen. This is indeed a huge crash, and basically, one thing the market has given is an opportunity which I believe taking advantage of it should be a thing.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: