Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:21:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crisis in national parks!  (Read 149 times)
gb085 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 11:43:20 AM

I almost cried reading this: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/nov/20/national-parks-america-overcrowding-crisis-tourism-visitation-solutions

I think it's very sad that we can't enjoy nature without having to sharing or trying to make our social media friends jealous of our experiences. I know it is cool to see amazing photos from amazing places but that's just too much. People tend not to understand that nature is made to be admired, honored and protected. Same goes for wildlife our any kind of life.

Is there a way things can change in the future? Will people become more aware about the Earth's needs?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 12:57:58 PM

I'm not a big fan of Zinke but he had the right solution. Raise the fees, including the price of the annual pass. This would shake the instagrammers off and would raise enough money to implement shuttle systems in places like Yellowstone.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 01:19:40 PM

If we release the national parks and wilderness lands and forests, etc., to the general public to move and live there, the people would see how hard it is to live in some of these place. How would they find this out? Through trial and error. Then they would go away... or simply die from exposure. The intrigue would die out. Then nature would turn it all back into beauty over time.

The problem is the ownership and regulation by government.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2018, 11:51:11 PM

If we release the national parks and wilderness lands and forests, etc., to the general public to move and live there, the people would see how hard it is to live in some of these place. How would they find this out? Through trial and error. Then they would go away... or simply die from exposure. The intrigue would die out. Then nature would turn it all back into beauty over time.

The problem is the ownership and regulation by government.

Cool

Nah, it would just instantly turn into the worlds biggest squatter camp. I agree a lot of them would die though.
gegewojinnian18

Activity: 385
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:49:52 AM

When it comes to environmental crises, I think the national park has nothing to gain. The global climate is now beginning to go to extremes. The Arctic glaciers have begun to melt and Mount Everest has begun to melt. It may not be possible for the earth to survive for two hundred years. The sea is full of plastic garbage. In the future, our planet will become a garbage planet.

virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:19:12 AM

People's greed is the basic factor behind the disaster of nature.  When man started exploiting the nature the worst started happen to it.  Luxuries life styles; unnecessary storage to show the ownership for the goods which others are not having led to exploitation of the natural resources.  Plastic is playing the worst role in destruction of natural resources. 
Man claims to be the most intelligent creation in the universe but is doing just opposite to it.  He is cutting the same branch of the tree on which he himself is sitting.  Entire will have to pay for the foolish actions of man.
gb085 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:24:09 PM

When it comes to environmental crises, I think the national park has nothing to gain. The global climate is now beginning to go to extremes. The Arctic glaciers have begun to melt and Mount Everest has begun to melt. It may not be possible for the earth to survive for two hundred years. The sea is full of plastic garbage. In the future, our planet will become a garbage planet.

You are right.. and it's actually unfortunate that all this is true.
But why there is no world wide program to force people to actually do something! DO SOMETHING for the planet, for the environment, for themselves and their future generations!
I was reading a post on a social media channel that if every user of the platform will pick up a piece of trash from the ground everyday, the world will be cleaner in no time, and in one year the ocean plastic will be reduced to more than 50%..
I think that is a strong campaign that should be done and used for a "better place to live in"..
Not to mention the minimalist way of living which is basically how the future looks for people.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: