Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:16:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core Abandoned low fee tx - still cant use the funds  (Read 144 times)
AvPro (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 02:09:48 PM

So I sent a tx with a fee 10% of what it should have been  - https://i.imgur.com/CLypjqB.png  - you can see the mempool has ballooned in the last 12 hours.

I used the right click Abandon transaction option in Bitcoin Core and the funds were ''available'' again in my balance.

But now I cannot send anything as nothing is being accepted onto the chain (the tx IDs dont appear in public blockchain explorers at all) and when I use another service to send the raw transactions I get txn-mempool-conflict error.

What can I do to use these funds again? I thought abandoning the transaction would make it spendable again?

- I tried to Sweep the keys to a fresh wallet but it is sweeping everything but the stuck balance
- Can't use bumpfee as not BIP 125
- Pruned node so also cant use zapwallettxes

I tried to do a double spend in Bitcoin Core by selecting 'Inputs...' and ticking all the transactions there, made sure I was sending exactly the same amount again and put a larger fee but it would not be accepted (not appearing on any public blockchain explorers). I had to tick all the Inputs as the stuck transaction actually almost drained my wallet. So in order to have the balance to send it again I need to tick all Inputs.

Thanks
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
November 20, 2018, 10:40:31 PM

Please send a txID, or wallet address, in order to be able to check your transaction.
I've also had a quick look at the mempool, there are a hell lot of transactions in it, most of them has 20 sat/B fee or lower...
Have you tried any of the tx accelerators?
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:19:16 PM

But now I cannot send anything as nothing is being accepted onto the chain (the tx IDs dont appear in public blockchain explorers at all) and when I use another service to send the raw transactions I get txn-mempool-conflict error.

What can I do to use these funds again? I thought abandoning the transaction would make it spendable again?
txn-mempool-conflict error is because your previous unconfirmed transaction existed in that service's mempool
you need to wait until the network (or that service) drops your previous transaction
or push the new transaction to a node that hasn't received your previous transaction

Please send a txID, or wallet address, in order to be able to check your transaction.
@OP yes, please provide your unconfirmed txid if you don't mind, it would give us more insight on your situation
and you should move this thread to Bitcoin Technical Support subforum to get more replies and helps

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: