Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:06:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When are you buying?  (Read 972 times)
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:35:38 PM

I think the sweet spot is somewhere around the $3000-$4000 area, but sweet spots often leave you waiting for that perfect entry point which never actually comes, and this is what will lead to $100,000+... FOMO from the millions of potential buyers that wait too much, then realize eternal bottom already occurred and we are going for ATH.

There is already blood on the streets, so you should be buying already dollar cost average for as low as it can possibly go.

If it goes retardedly low (say sub $1000) go all in bigly, but then again, that is what a lot of people hope for, which means it will not actually happen and bottom is somewhere higher.

i'm certainly not hoping for sub $1000.....going below the 2013 ATH seems pretty bearish.

the only major support levels i see on the chart are $3000 and $1800. it's been years since i've deposited fiat money into the market, but those levels look pretty tempting. i'm mulling over a deposit to coinbase.

Markets do the opposite of what people think it will be doing. 2 weeks ago people were largely bullish, and this is what we got. Now people are largely bearish, which might result in a counter bounce to the up side very soon.

with sentiment, i'd agree the pendulum is swinging back to bearish. but i don't see despair yet, not like i've seen at past major bottoms. we also didn't see a classic V bottom---still just hovering near the lows. maybe a dead cat bounce soon, but i doubt bears are done.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2870
Merit: 657

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:33:02 PM

So at what price are you or have you been loading up on Bitcoin?

I don't have much money now, I'm planning on buying a ton of Bitcoin in late January when I get a bunch of money from the sale of the startup I work at (hoping price is still at least below $6k!!), but today I decided if this thing hits $3800 I'm picking up half a bitcoin, and if it drops significantly below that I'll try to pick up maybe as much as another half a bitcoin. For anyone with plenty of money on the side right now I hope you all are feasting on all this panic selling! This is how you get rich! Too bad I have $8k on exchanges that I bought up coins with a few months ago, I'd pick up 2 Bitcoin right now if I had that in fiat Sad
This time is the right time to buy though there is really no right time but  i suggest to buy more since IMO this could be the last price we could ever see. Unless you guys don't want to invest at this rate of the market then it is up to most of you.
The market is very volatile that you can't expect something would have happen in just a blink of an eye.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 11:54:54 PM

I'm with most of you guys... I'm buying somewhere between $3,000 - $3,500
I strongly believe (and hope) it will never drop below $3,000
though I got a feeling it won't recover as fast as it drops 
I suspect the price may stay low for at least the next three or six months Undecided

Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:00:21 AM

I don't have much money now, I'm planning on buying a ton of Bitcoin in late January when I get a bunch of money from the sale of the startup I work at (hoping price is still at least below $6k!!), but today I decided if this thing hits $3800 I'm picking up half a bitcoin, and if it drops significantly below that I'll try to pick up maybe as much as another half a bitcoin. For anyone with plenty of money on the side right now I hope you all are feasting on all this panic selling! This is how you get rich! Too bad I have $8k on exchanges that I bought up coins with a few months ago, I'd pick up 2 Bitcoin right now if I had that in fiat Sad
Well, now that Bakkt has delayed launch, I would not be surprised to see us driving as low as $3000 downward, and from here I really am going to start stashing as much as I can. The thing about life is that opportunity comes in a different dimension and in most cases, it takes being smart to be able to realize these opportunities and be able to take advantage of them.

Market dropping in value is never a problem for those who know what they are doing in this market when it comes to having a long term goal; it is only a problem for those who do not have one.
thecodebear (OP)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 824

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:47:00 PM

at $6k!
i know we are below it but that is the price where i was buying because everything pointed to it being the bottom and i still refuse to believe this drop is natural and not manipulation.
as for more buying, i would wait until the market calms down and it becomes clear that the manipulators have stopped manipulating the price and then i will restart buying bitcoin again.

my goals are long term so it doesn't matter that much for me at what price i buy.

Yeah agreed anyone who followed the current market situation would have thought $6k was the bottom, couldn't have foreseen the BCH chaos and split causing the whole market to go in bouts of extreme panic selling.
thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:55:32 PM

Well, now that Bakkt has delayed launch, I would not be surprised to see us driving as low as $3000 downward, and from here I really am going to start stashing as much as I can. The thing about life is that opportunity comes in a different dimension and in most cases, it takes being smart to be able to realize these opportunities and be able to take advantage of them.

Market dropping in value is never a problem for those who know what they are doing in this market when it comes to having a long term goal; it is only a problem for those who do not have one.

oh wow i didn't even see that they delayed it. Only delayed like 5 weeks or so though.

I set an alert at $3800 as I said and that alert went off late last week and I picked up 0.4 Bitcoin right around and just under that price. I've got another $2k waiting to make its way through the archaic financial system (started using Robinhood for my new purchases, didn't realize they have low limits on how much you can instantly buy - so I have to wait 5 business days for the rest), so hopefully I'll get another $2k of Bitcoin at even lower prices this weekend. God I hope prices stay this low through the winter. If this goes under $3k I'm gonna have to buy more even before all my money comes in in Jan/Feb. Hoping I can pick up a total of 10 Bitcoin the next few months!
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 01:59:51 AM

oh wow i didn't even see that they delayed it. Only delayed like 5 weeks or so though.

I set an alert at $3800 as I said and that alert went off late last week and I picked up 0.4 Bitcoin right around and just under that price. I've got another $2k waiting to make its way through the archaic financial system (started using Robinhood for my new purchases, didn't realize they have low limits on how much you can instantly buy - so I have to wait 5 business days for the rest), so hopefully I'll get another $2k of Bitcoin at even lower prices this weekend. God I hope prices stay this low through the winter. If this goes under $3k I'm gonna have to buy more even before all my money comes in in Jan/Feb. Hoping I can pick up a total of 10 Bitcoin the next few months!
I believe that the best time to buy is this moment while still the market is at its deep for we know that all coin value price are dropping, so maybe now is the best time to invest its like the bitcoin is resetting and preparing to make a large leap again.

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:23:21 PM

I am really short on funds so I cannot really pick any bitcoin at the moment so it is likely I will miss the opportunity of buying bitcoin for a price below 5000, it is a shame but recently I had a lot of expenses and when you add that we are getting close to Christmas that does not help at all, the only hope I have is that bitcoin remains this low for at least one more month before I can afford to buy some of it.
aris av
Copper Member

Activity: 409
Merit: 1

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 06:45:39 PM

My plan is to focus more on holding at the current price decline, I will be patient and wait for bitcoin recovery, and I think it will be lower risk.

shamc
Copper Member

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:21:05 PM

I wish i had lots of spare money right now, i'd buy up everything and not just bitcoin. Lots of alts are on sale as well, anything below $4000 is really cheap! Coinbase has just released OTC trading so it might not be cheap for long

[ S E S S I A ] NEW GENERATION SOCIAL NETWORK
twitter    ◾ telegram     (❪  W H I T E P A P E R  ❫)
GET APP  ❱❱❱  ► Google Play   ► App Store
thecodebear (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 09:21:24 PM

I am really short on funds so I cannot really pick any bitcoin at the moment so it is likely I will miss the opportunity of buying bitcoin for a price below 5000, it is a shame but recently I had a lot of expenses and when you add that we are getting close to Christmas that does not help at all, the only hope I have is that bitcoin remains this low for at least one more month before I can afford to buy some of it.

Honestly I think we'll be in the $3000 - $6000 range for half a year or so. Could be wrong but that is what I'm thinking. I think there will be ample buying opportunity under $5000 during the winter and spring. Granted that recent drop was just cuz of the BCH craziness, but from listening to market sentiment plenty of people think it has more to drop. So I think we've got some time in the $3000s and $4000s the next few months. Even if you don't have funds for a few months I bet you'll be able to get in at a real low price. I'm buying some now just in case it settles a bit higher than this, but I expect I'll be buying under $5000 at least in Jan and Feb.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:20:44 PM

I do think that if you are investing in bitcoin for the long run, i.e. not looking to trade short term movements, but rather betting on bitcoin's adoption rate to continue to go up and its utility as an asset increases, then I honestly think that dollar cost averaging makes the most sense.

Because you're not going to be perfectly timing the bottom, and in a bear market like this it's impossible to tell where exactly the floor is and when the final rebound is coming.

Buying in regular intervals makes the most sense, instead of trying to predict the bottom. Even if prices drop, your entry price will be evened out essentially by your newly bought positions at lower prices, which is great if you are speculating in the long term. That's the primary strategy I'm going with at the moment.
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 11:39:33 PM

at $6k!
i know we are below it but that is the price where i was buying because everything pointed to it being the bottom and i still refuse to believe this drop is natural and not manipulation.
as for more buying, i would wait until the market calms down and it becomes clear that the manipulators have stopped manipulating the price and then i will restart buying bitcoin again.

my goals are long term so it doesn't matter that much for me at what price i buy.

Yeah agreed anyone who followed the current market situation would have thought $6k was the bottom, couldn't have foreseen the BCH chaos and split causing the whole market to go in bouts of extreme panic selling.

Well, things happen and sometimes can't be avoided. At this moment, value of the coins are considered to be low and I think this is the time to also buy. For those who are waiting for this opportunity, definitely they already been have an action and hodl it for a bit until there is a sudden increased of the price.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 4569

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 01:43:00 AM

Bought on Tuesday.

I'm also waiting on a fairly good chunk of cash around the end of January. I'll buy more then.

Hopefully I won't have to sell any until near the end of April. With any luck, the price will be up by then.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:45:49 AM

I wish i had lots of spare money right now, i'd buy up everything and not just bitcoin. Lots of alts are on sale as well, anything below $4000 is really cheap! Coinbase has just released OTC trading so it might not be cheap for long

I had kept my money ready to dip in and I bought some bitcoins at 3300$, I knew bitcoins bottoming was all but done from here we would see a upwards rally. I feel we're seeing an influx of good news, and you'll should consider buying now before price increases. I am not an exchange fan so I'll recommend you consider not keeping your coins on the exchange, also I hope you have only bought popular alts as many of them will barely rise.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 12:43:12 PM

My plan is to focus more on holding at the current price decline, I will be patient and wait for bitcoin recovery, and I think it will be lower risk.
Well, you are holding it since you believe that the price will start rising back eventually. Then why not invest keeping the same believe? A bit risky (for short term though), but still you will be maximizing your profit and will be helping the market too. Just invest up to your comfort level. The reward will be worth taking the risk.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 12:47:59 PM

buy in the dip! isn't it obvious?

the dip has always been the best time to buy anything, including bitcoin. and now we are in mother of all dips so it is the best time to buy bitcoin.
additionally we have this old expert suggestion that you should always buy when others are selling or advising to sell and sell when others are buying and advising you to buy.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
b3j0

Activity: 714
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 02:57:37 PM

??
it hit $40xx today
too naive if I have to say this, yesterday the price of bitcoin has reached $ 3700 and I am still very hesitant to buy. in my opinion the price of bitcoin will go down even further.

liuqi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 257

LuckyB.it is Back!

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:07:14 PM

buy in the dip! isn't it obvious?

the dip has always been the best time to buy anything, including bitcoin. and now we are in mother of all dips so it is the best time to buy bitcoin.
additionally we have this old expert suggestion that you should always buy when others are selling or advising to sell and sell when others are buying and advising you to buy.
The current situation is really unbalanced so many peoples are panic to participate in crypto investment. But your suggestion is good to encouraging the panic sellers and we should not feed the crypto trading so who are all really believe the cryptocurrency they should buy at anycost.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 06:24:08 AM

Bought on Tuesday.

I'm also waiting on a fairly good chunk of cash around the end of January. I'll buy more then.

Hopefully I won't have to sell any until near the end of April. With any luck, the price will be up by then.
Good strategy bro, it is good for you because you bought bitcoin when the price dump because in this situation we can possible to see the bitcoin value will up once they have a lot of people investing again. Just hold your bitcoin that you bough even more years.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: