Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:04:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty Hunters being trapped  (Read 2327 times)
dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 04:07:37 PM

I would say you are being overly dramatic.
Yes, it is frustrating, but you are making it out as if you are some kind of victim of a terrible scam and are being held prisoner.

Don't like it, then leave.
Maybe you will feel cheated that you won't get paid for past work, but you need to be smart about your time.
If a campaign or ICO is extending (most likely because they haven't made as much as they wanted), then that is a huge red flag.
Chances are, even if you stick with it, the token will end up being worthless.

In the crypto world, it is important to learn when to cut your losses to move on to better opportunities.
The same goes with bounty hunting.
And at the very least, do you feel comfortable working for such a company?

ije07

Activity: 1415
Merit: 250

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:19:17 PM

if the problem date or duration is not in accordance with the original plan then I can understand it, but when the gift token or allocation for the prize program does not match what was promised at the beginning, I feel that I am really cheated and trapped, I really ask that's why someone who wants to do that to a bounty hunter who receives only a few percent of the total supply

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
TrevorS

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:20:54 PM

I came across this more than once. As a rule, a good bounty manager allows you to leave the company while retaining steaks. But there are times when a month or more has to carry a signature and write messages. Therefore, before taking part in the company, make sure that there is no point to carry the signature until the end of the ICO.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Mommynigabby

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:46:09 PM

I have observed that most bounty campaigns nowadays are not complying with their tagret end date. No problem with extend the campaign but man, these projects are now imposing hunters to not remove their signature until the end of the campaign. This prevents participants from leaving the campaign. Poor participants cannot break free from this and to look for other productive campaign. They have no choice but get stuck and post for these companies. Did you have the same experience? or Do you observe the same pattern? please enlighten me.

YES! In my case, hey extended for 2 more months if I remember it right ( with no additional rewards to the pool)  and threaten to remove all our stakes if we remove our signature. I felt and knew that It was unfair but could not really complain until they reward us the token coz they can just easily ban us from the campaign.  So unfair.
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:35:52 PM

Yes. We'll experience this but what i usually did is to left some sound able text in such project telegram group and also a message for the manager to go check my work out because I will be removing their signature, and if not agree with me I'm okay with the already given stakes. The worst case is when such group never updates any there's a problem probably scam project.
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:06:14 PM

The problems that you have indicated do exist, and most campaigns with generosity postpone the end date. Therefore, we only need to carefully choose campaigns that can bring us profit in the future, and also we need to hope for improvement in the cryptocurrency market.
ZEIIMAN

Activity: 924
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 07:09:39 PM

Each Manager has his own conditions in the signature bounty of the company. Someone allows you to immediately remove your signature, someone considers stakes for two or three weeks. I don't really pay attention to it if the project seemed worthy to me.
ikarasev10

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:02:29 PM

This was the case with DBC.IO pretty much counted rewards and the like as still write that some people don't count weeks.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
Louis21
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:09:11 PM

Yes, bounty hunters are facing serious trying times this days. Most bounty extend the time of the campaign without adding tangible tokens to it and even after the extension, some of them will still be asking for KYC which is not even added to the requirements at the start of the campaign.

Autumn.MediaGrp
Copper Member

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:27:48 PM

Its begin this because of the bear market, they cant raise enough funds to begin with due to lack of investor want to risk their hard earn money in this kind of situation.

BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:29:23 PM

It is frustrating , I know.
I was stuck with one project which i knew will not give me a good payout after they made a critically bad decision at the middle of ICO .
The bigger problem is that even those who extend end up be useless ( mostly) because they dont know how to handle their tokenomics.
a4illusionist

Activity: 365

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:32:05 PM

Yep thats very irritating. And it is becoming a trend now. The bounty campaigns are now kind of cheating the bounty hunters into this kind of thing. They make them work hard for them and use their time promoting them and then in the end very little or no reward and then things like these, prolonging the campaigns and not giving out the rewards in time.

_____VIMee_____
The VIMee Social Platform
Xclusive5

Activity: 672

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:58:40 PM

I have observed that most bounty campaigns nowadays are not complying with their tagret end date. No problem with extend the campaign but man, these projects are now imposing hunters to not remove their signature until the end of the campaign. This prevents participants from leaving the campaign. Poor participants cannot break free from this and to look for other productive campaign. They have no choice but get stuck and post for these companies. Did you have the same experience? or Do you observe the same pattern? please enlighten me.

Most ICO project actually adopt this dubious method but as a bounty hunter, you support projects that will bring tangible return if you notice that nothing is forthcoming from the project then you quit the bounty task irrespective of the time you have spent with them.

verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:03:09 PM

What I have seen is that bounty campaigns are currently decreasing at the time of the distribution of the tokens. We had many problems before with the unfavorable behavior of the market and now with the bitcoin price low, it is harder still. The bounty managers know it, I think they will come up with a way to give some solution.

acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:04:26 PM

We have all been praying for a time where there'll be better conditions of service for us. Let's hope a time to come moderators will help come up with new regulations that can help protect hunters.

Also, I'll partly blame the market for this problem. The market situation has scared everyone and they're not participating in new projects again. That's why bounties keep on getting extended.
Maamejane

Activity: 378

Decentralized Continuous Audit& Reporting Protocol

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:46:51 PM

Well i think its all good. One way or the other it help ensure evenly distribution of projects to hunters  which ayt the end of the day ensure that everyone get something to take home. So in the nutshell its a trap but not a harmful or dangerous one.

bitcoin.clakr

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:49:25 PM

At the moment, the crypto industry is going through hard times and it has become very difficult to make money in bounty. But I hope for improvements in the cryptocurrency market.
Hishoupers

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 10:54:10 PM

tbh I feel like the crypto world has just changed a lot of people aren't happy or willing to accept that. People want crypto to be what it used to be, because that is where they thrived (otherwise they still wouldn't be in the space). Back to basics, support strong projects with big backers like Softbank and you'll do well.
saycryptohello

Activity: 574
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:14:23 PM

nevertheless, there are still a lot of people who take part in bounty campaigns despite the situation
carrascos

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 11:17:19 PM

To be honest, I support the data of the decision of projects not to give tokens now because it is more profitable for us. in a bull market, we will be able to sell all these coins over a year

◯●●●●●       OmniBazaar.com       ●●●●●◯
Shop without middlemen. Pay without bankers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: