Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:49:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple's War against Bitcoin means they want to create their own Crypto  (Read 3029 times)
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:24:04 PM

Another App forced to removed bitcoin from its service:

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-payments-removed-ios-app-apples/

The constant war against bitcoin by apple has convinced me that they are creating their own crypto/digital currency. Probably will be called iCoin or iCash, and will come with powerful branding to promote it. Integration across all Apple OS & Apps very likely. However i doubt it would have any speculative value as the coin's value will surely be fixed by apple

Blinken

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:35:29 PM

I wouldn't read too much into it.

Any "corporate citizen" will do the same thing. You have to remember the CEO of Apple now is some "old boy" who flies around in the same jets with the CEO of Citi, JP Morgan, etc. These guys have the same agenda, and that agenda is based on the dollar.

I think you will find a lot more sympathy for Bitcoin in Eastern Europe and Asia.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
Taras
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053

Please do not PM me loan requests!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 09:52:04 PM

It will definitely be centralized.
Qtera

Activity: 161
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 10:22:33 PM

Any "corporate citizen" will do the same thing. You have to remember the CEO of Apple now is some "old boy" who flies around in the same jets with the CEO of Citi, JP Morgan, etc. These guys have the same agenda, and that agenda is based on the dollar.

This.  There isn't much innovation in Apple these days. In my opinion, they are just trying to hinder the cryptocurrencies adoption. But that shipped sailed long time ago.

Earn Devcoins by Writing
Devcoin address: 122fZgNs8jL72jbUFstnpvG6EE8GFJA2Xr
Steemit Profile Account
Bitcoin_is_here_to_stay

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:37:34 PM

This.  There isn't much innovation in Apple these days. In my opinion, they are just trying to hinder the cryptocurrencies adoption. But that shipped sailed long time ago.

I think they are not that stupid. I mostly agree with OP - they are either developing their crypto - or want to sell their support to the highest bidder.
~Coinseeker~

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:41:37 PM

Apple getting into math-based currencies could be a flop or a very big deal.  If it's centralized, they'll have the same challenge Google did, trying to gain adoption with their payment network.  However, they could easily tap into their massive user base of phones, tablets and computers to utilize as nodes for a decentralized currency and payment network.  Apple has nearly unlimited funds, so while scoffing at Apple speculation may make some people feel better, the threat is still very real.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 11:46:51 PM

To me it doesn't feel likely they'd ever bother making their own currency. Too risky, too out there.

It is very likely they'll be coming out with a payment system of some sort for conventional currencies.
CryptoREI

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:01:15 AM

Easy way for apple to implement there own crypto is make all app purchases by there own crypto... they will prob be called apples or applecoin so someone hurry up and make some alt coins with those names lol

quicksalehelp.com
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 12:02:37 AM

Apple isn't secure and they know they would be liable for Bitcoin thefts. That's why they only want reversible payment systems. However, they should support escrow payment apps if they are ever created.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:39:15 AM

it was discussed last year in several threads.
apple is already working on it.

Coindesk: Apple to create virtual currency ‘iMoney’
Yesterday, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Organization published a patent application from Apple for – wait for it – iMoney. Apple looks to get into the digital currency game in a way similar to Amazon Coins. The patent is a combination of virtual currency and digital wallet technology. It allows users to store money in the cloud and make payments with their iPhone.
source 1
source 2

i would assume apple would push this service in combination with its ibeacon technology to provide a multimedia shopping service that can be licensed by big companies for their shop chains.

silidons

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:50:46 AM

God fuck Apple.  About 5 years ago I had a $50 giftcard from my cousin or something for iTunes and I put it on my account, didn't know what to buy so I didn't spend it.  I didn't touch iTunes for over a year, opened it up one day and the money was gone.  I looked at the transaction history and there were a literally about 100 free app downloads on my account, all of them in chinese, and the first 2 or 3 of them were paid apps and they used my money.  Well I emailed their support, they told me that it was me who got hacked (never been hacked or had anything stolen from me online in my entire life) and therefore they don't owe me the money.  Well I looked up a few articles and there were thousands of users who got hacked by chinese hackers (server side, not client side).  Lolwut.

Sorry for rant.   I say again though, fuck apple.
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:55:58 AM

What is apples incentive for creating its own Cryptocurrency if its just going to peg it to the dollar anyway? Nothing. May as well just create an iPaypal at that point, that way they can reverse transactions if they really want to (which the government will likely force them to do anyway).

And do you really think apple is going to go all fontas on us and create an altcoin?

hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:34:31 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 05:09:22 AM by hlynur

What is apples incentive for creating its own Cryptocurrency if its just going to peg it to the dollar anyway? Nothing. May as well just create an iPaypal at that point, that way they can reverse transactions if they really want to (which the government will likely force them to do anyway).

And do you really think apple is going to go all fontas on us and create an altcoin?

i wouldn't call it an altcoin.
E.g. AmazonCoin is more like a token system to buy digital goods.
They try to attract customers with advantages and goodies when using the system.
So if people don't spend their tokens directly after exchange for money, Amazon still has a relative safe profit,
as chances are high that users won't turn their coins back to dollars and value will stay in Amazon's internal system.

thinking further it's like a much improved version of the marketing strategy binding consumers with a bonus points system. (like in supermarkets, gas stations, airlines with bonus miles etc.)
The company can secure a market share of consumers' buying power in advance and gets a credit free of interest everytime tokens stay unspent.

trustnobody

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:35:10 AM

this topic is full of rumours, I heard that they are going to make a type of currecny only to use it with apple products, maybe in order to protect it from theft
cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:40:53 AM

apple for sure will make a currency and will force all apps to adopt it as payment method. alot of websites and games are already using their own currency so why not. It will also be highly inflationary which means if u hold the coins the value will go down, similar to loyalty points that lose value overtime

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:45:22 AM

i now officially hate apple and resent every penny i have spent on that dumb company.

Cook is a f'ing idiot and needs to get fired

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Nathonas

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 05:58:31 AM

This topic brings up an interesting thought: What would Steve Jobs do in response to Bitcoin if he was alive? we know he's not a traditional oldboys CEO type - Apple was in the shitter before he came back and introduced a series of innovative products. I think he would support Bitcoin because he was a big fan of innovation.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:02:20 AM

I really doubt it.

They likely will introduce some sort of their own competitive payment processing system that runs of phone bills or credit cards or what not, but I don't think they would use a cryptocurrency.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
emusizz

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:14:38 AM

I already change Apple to android.
Apple is nothing beside system easily jailbreak
Apple is selfish. remove real one to copy for their own one

Bitcoin go to the moon
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 06:19:19 AM

I think you will find a lot more sympathy for Bitcoin in Eastern Europe and Asia.

And I'm sure that them banker fucks hooked Tim Cook up with some hooker (we'll call her Wendy) once, and for their silence, Timmy now has to play by the banker of South Park's rules.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: