Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:12:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Z9 Mini batch 4 working temp, fan, Overclock NO Dev-Fee  (Read 1371 times)
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:16:11 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2018, 06:40:25 AM by chipless
Merited by mikeywith (1)

Fully working Batch 1- 4 firmware for the Z9 Mini unlocked with working temp and fan for the Batch 4 units. The only modification was to unlock cgminer  and the web gui. This release fixes the loud fan noise when using batch 1 firmware on the batch 4 units.

I am not asking for dev fee and only ask for donations if you find it helpful for your Batch 4 Z9 mini.

I am releasing this because the fan noise on the batch 4's is loud when using batch 1 firmware and some want an alternative to Payware/Dev-Fees. This version is based off the latest firmware from Bitmain.

Donations Zcash only, can be sent to:  t1e4Dmr5RBgnWqTN2mAmZ6JzGavW7qxA4P1

THIS IS FOR Z9 Mini's ONLY WILL WORK ON ALL MINI BATCHES 1-4

Updated: 12/02/2018
No Auto-Refresh:  
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xeZjuA4KvpI0f1m4a933tLlbt5In3L7g/view?usp=sharing

Updated: 12/02/2018 2:07
With Status Page Auto-Refresh
Miner status page auto update status every 45 seconds

Auto-Refresh
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iqtiWxn_BQHkw1jPYTuf8ukVtbIMsS-U/view?usp=sharing

Update: 11/28/2018 5:36
Repair/workaround when locked out of web gui. This bug can happen with any firmware you use on your miner unless the firmware author has resolved the issue. If you get locked out of the web GUI. If this happens to you it is not because you updated to my firmware version.

From a windows pc
Download WinSCP SSH File explorer    https://winscp.net/eng/download.php
Download PuTTy   SSH  Client             https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Most changes made to the files and file system using WinSCP are only temporary and will resort back to stock files after a reboot of the miner.

1. Connect to your miners with WinSCP (you must select  scp mode from the dropdown) use the username and password   root  and  admin
2. Find the folder named config by double clicking the .. at the top of the connection window
3. Look for the file    lighttpd-htdigest.user  and double click it to open it
4. Replace the info in the file with the following info:    root:AntMiner Configuration:d51b2dca12fa4b742ccf76681d4051cb
5. Click to save the file and close it.
6. Now find the same file in the   etc  folder and do the same step as above.

That's it, you should now be able to get back into your miner using the username and password of  root and root

This will get you back in, after that you need to change the password from the web GUI or reload the firmware image ( if you do this change the password after reboot from web GUI in order to create a new password file).

I suggest you do not leave the password as root and recommend you change it. This should also create a compatible file with the current htdigest from the machine hopefully preventing a future lockout for unknown reasons.

Some routers may automatically allow access to the web port without using port forwarding.

This can leave the door open to hackers since we do not know much information on security exploits the firmware may have it is best to shield your miner from hackers.

The SSH password should be able to be changed using the passwd command for the user root.

The ports open on your router waiting for connections are:

port 22 the SSH port
port 80 the web GUI port
cgminer-api port of 4028

I am sure there are a few more and will list them as I know them.

Update: 12/02/2018 1:45
Updated both versions to latest Bitmain firmware - Unlocked works on all batches 1-4

Please leave any feedback!

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ
efudd

Activity: 504
Merit: 51

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 05:30:01 PM

I have working batch 4 firmware for the z9 mini unlocked with working temp and fan.

I am not asking for dev fee and only ask for donations if you find it helpful for your Batch 4 Z9 mini. This is a one time fix no further updates for this firmware Efudd has the furture updates covered with his projects.

I am only releasing this because the fan noise on the batch 4's sucks when using batch 1 firmware.

Donations Zcash only can be sent to:  t1e4Dmr5RBgnWqTN2mAmZ6JzGavW7qxA4P1

THIS IS FOR Z9 Mini's ONLY WILL WORK ON ALL BATCHES 1-4

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fSrEopPWO5nChvphh7zvIT_3zj4DI4t5/view?usp=sharing

I'll get through reverse engineering this later, but so far it looks like the 'unlocked' part already existed and is not something you added.

Also, still uncool.

Jason

chipless (OP)

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 07:03:02 PM

I have working batch 4 firmware for the z9 mini unlocked with working temp and fan.

I am not asking for dev fee and only ask for donations if you find it helpful for your Batch 4 Z9 mini. This is a one time fix no further updates for this firmware Efudd has the furture updates covered with his projects.

I am only releasing this because the fan noise on the batch 4's sucks when using batch 1 firmware.

Donations Zcash only can be sent to:  t1e4Dmr5RBgnWqTN2mAmZ6JzGavW7qxA4P1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fSrEopPWO5nChvphh7zvIT_3zj4DI4t5/view?usp=sharing

I'll get through reverse engineering this later, but so far it looks like the 'unlocked' part already existed and is not something you added.

Also, still uncool.

Jason

I will tell you so you can save some time. It is cgminer unlocked from the latest release from bitmain for the minis put into the batch 1 image. It took a few days to figure it out but the fix should work on future firmware release by bitmain the fix was similar to smartass1 fix for the fullsize that you didn't like being released.

Mine is just a little different and once I figured out what was needed the fix took 15 minutes.

The best part is all of it was done with freeware.

This fix will also work on other miners that are using cgminer as the asic software that cant normally be overclocked.

Unlike your releases I didn't add any callbacks to a server or anything like that it is just a few files swapped between firmware images with a tweak to unlock.

There are enough people out there who will benefit from your versions of the firmware I just wasn't going to hold people hostage for a fix for the batch 4's being able to overclock without the fan issues when they could overclock for free but had to deal with a noisy fan.

I am pretty straight forward I did it to fix mine and felt others could benefit from it. Where you are asking for beta testers and don't even offer them a fee license. They are testing your firmware which you get paid for and mining in dev mode paying you again and you say im uncool for fixing a fan issue for free. Sounds like your a little greedy. I read you claim you spent all this money on ida pro and a z9 just to do this is why you were charging for your releases then later in another thread you say you have 12 z9's in a matter of days you got 11 more z9's. Be straight with folks your in it for the money and that's it if you had all the big farms like you say buying your releases then why are you dealing with the little guys online.

It don't matter as I said I am willing to still consider buying future releases of yours if I need it on a machine, this freebee to the public was was just a fan fix

efudd

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:45:44 PM

Smarty’s fix is incorrect. It causes miscalculations in other parts of the frequency handling around timeouts. This is why folk have issues with it in some circumstances.

I have zero miners other than two on loan so you clearly are off base.

The problem I had is that you posted it in my thread. Simple as that, not that you released a mod.

As far as “in it for money”, you are right I seek to have my time accounted for. As far as greed, you are simply wrong. One example is I have had a handful of users who purchased firmware and their machine could not handle an overclock; they were refunded. That is not greed.

Jason

chipless (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:04:37 AM

Smarty’s fix is incorrect. It causes miscalculations in other parts of the frequency handling around timeouts. This is why folk have issues with it in some circumstances.

I have zero miners other than two on loan so you clearly are off base.

The problem I had is that you posted it in my thread. Simple as that, not that you released a mod.

As far as “in it for money”, you are right I seek to have my time accounted for. As far as greed, you are simply wrong. One example is I have had a handful of users who purchased firmware and their machine could not handle an overclock; they were refunded. That is not greed.

Jason

You asked to start my own thread so I did and you come on it wanting to reverse engineer it, all you had to do was ask what I did and I would tell you like I did. As far as the fix not working on some units the same can be said about your release also it has bugs. I have been using various fixes on my miners and haven't had any issues with any firmware running. There will always be some units that run flaky no matter what fw is on it. I have no intention to rip your release apart as I said this was put out to help the batch 4 users with a fan issue when running batch 1 fw. You didn't have a problem with someone posting the stock fw on the thread but this one you did. It is always better to work together to overcome the manufacturers measures. Again didn't mean to offend you if you would have said something other then you weren't interested in the bacth 4 at this time I would have kept it to myself but you said you weren't interested in the units due to their availability. I guess we move on from here.

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 6426

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:25:03 AM

I have not downloaded your version, but gave you a merit for your work and for that fact that you giving it out for free. good luck

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
efudd

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 12:46:13 AM

Chipless,

Fair enough. I apologize. Stresses are clearly showing... how I have responded to you is not my goal, ever.

Jason

chipless (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:00:32 AM

I have not downloaded your version, but gave you a merit for your work and for that fact that you giving it out for free. good luck

Thank you.... I just want us all to work together to get the most out of our miners without the manufacturer trying to screw us.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:02:47 AM

Chipless,

Fair enough. I apologize. Stresses are clearly showing... how I have responded to you is not my goal, ever.

Jason

Apology accepted …..The stress of the fans on the batch 4s put me over this weekend and I shouldn't have responded the way I did. As I said before I am here to help you if I can in any way testing or trying to get past some bugs.

astraleureka

Activity: 236
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:42:07 AM

I don't have any Z9 minis or interest in this firmware, but I appreciate reading the back and forth here, wish more developers in this sphere had your good attitudes Smiley
Antonio2018

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:00:39 AM

Dear firmware developers!

Thank you for your work. This is firmware really work!!!! As soon as I can make a donation.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 07:23:22 AM

Your welcome … If you can make a donation thank you if not I wont hold it against you Smiley I only hope your home is quieter for the holiday season. Happy Mining!!

Pizzi_h

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:01:00 PM

With this fw is it possible to get above 657mhz and nit to loose one board?

You got the batch 4 to 737?
Regards
efudd

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:36:16 PM

Regards

If you need to manage individual board frequencies, you’ll have to use mine. Losing boards will vary by machine, too. The only real way to answer your question on 657 is try....

chipless (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:45:54 PM

Regards

Depending on what batch you have depends on how high you can go. The batch 1's I have goto 762 the batch 2's goto 662 and the batch 3's and 4's goto 737..

So far it don't seem to matter what firmware those are the levels I have made it to with my machines. I have 1 hashboard on the batch 2 that gets 1 x but it never loses speed. So I don't don't if this is a reporting error if there is actually something going on as long as I don't lose speed I don't worry about 1 or 2 x's

If you wish to try Efudd's when it is available you can try to set each board separately when I tried it didn't help any for my units but others have had different results.

Kunolyb

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:31:37 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2018, 07:11:51 PM by Kunolyb

hello

Downloaded your firmware for the z9 mini for all 5 mini´s and now i am unable to log on, the user and password are not working on any of them, have you had this problem before?

Kuno

ps i´m not even able to reset to factory...
chipless (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 07:25:43 PM

hello

Downloaded your firmware for the z9 mini for all 5 mini´s and now i am unable to log on, the user and password are not working on any of them, have you had this problem before?

Kuno

The only time I have ever had a login issue was when I needed to close my browser and clear the browser temp files. The reset is power on the unit wait about 30 sec to a min then hold the reset button in until the fault and normal light flash ---about 10-20 seconds pressing the button.

Kunolyb

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 07:27:34 PM

hello

Kuno

The only time I have ever had a login issue was when I needed to close my browser and clear the browser temp files. The reset is power on the unit wait about 30 sec to a min then hold the reset button in until the fault and normal light flash ---about 10-20 seconds pressing the button.

Thanks man, will try that now.
Kunolyb

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 07:38:02 PM

Not working at all.
LiliVart

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 07:58:34 PM

I have working Batch 4 firmware for the z9 Mini unlocked with working temp and fan for the Batch 4 units.

Donations Zcash only can be sent to:  t1e4Dmr5RBgnWqTN2mAmZ6JzGavW7qxA4P1

No Auto-Refresh:

I am going to offer some updates but I don't believe they will be to the extent of Efudd's clocking and fan mods, mine will be mostly to
the web gui options and if possible the ability to change the HTTP port thru the web gui. This will make it possible to monitor remotely
thru a web browser when you have multiple units behind a router.

11/23/2018 3:48
Update: Added Auto-Refresh to the miner status page auto update status every 45 seconds

With Auto-Refresh
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FioZnKLtVITpj9UfcDWlS1HnG5sVCvVV/view?usp=sharing

Hello, what is the password for the firmware? I can not go to the device
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: