Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:46:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would Bitcoin become irrelevant or remain the King?  (Read 806 times)
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 07:04:09 AM

It is not just about algorithm, it is not about how great bitcoin is. It is how useful bitcoin can be. That is all that matters as much. Consider a  very good coin and name them, there are too many having just the same function or use as bitcoin, but who uses it? Without usage or a real application it will become useless. Relevance would only count on these ideas.

baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 07:23:16 AM

I think Bitcoin's problem would be to always cost over $ 20-30K. No one could invest in Bitcoin at those permanent prices. Bitcoin has no problems. Bitcoin crosses a normal stage. It's a whale marketing strategy. Bitcoin's story clearly shows us this. The previous bearish market is much worse than what we see now and yet people have not abandoned the bitcoin. BTC is a well decentralized currency and will not die so easily.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
RondoAnyar

Activity: 651
Merit: 101

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 07:24:11 AM

I see the potential of bitcoin to remain high and bitcoin can become the king of crypto coins. so no other words than bitcoin still has the potential to grow high in crypto

earlytrade24

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

So I am a big bitcoin enthusiast, but I realize it has problems. Also more and more people are trying to perfect their algorithms.
What if they reach their goals and bitcoin becomes irrelevant?
The price drop isn't showing that great either!
If you see that the price of other coins were more when compared with the price of bitcoin which is a sign that bitcoin is still king at this long bearish run.Most of the projects were just copying the idea of already existing coins so which may not bring anything new here even if some coins were created it will not be so easy to get recognized as bitcoin and taking its crown.

It is already recognized the bitcoin is the pioneer of cryptos, but saying that new projects may not bring anything new is unfounded. If you carefully read the whitepaper and even articles about new exchanges, you will be surprised to discover how much these alternative cryptos can offer. Didn’t cryptos rise initially as free market tools? The Virie Market, for example, offers a distributed exchange network with escrow system. It can actually represent the new generation of what bitcoin started. I think Bitcoin opened the doors to a whole new world of digital possibilities.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:57:07 AM

There is a constant attempt to make Bitcoin look irrelevant, but these attempts always fail miserably. When BTC falls, the whole market falls, so Bitcoin isn't losing price because another currency is rising and becoming the favorite one. Maybe some developers think they can defeat Bitcoin this way, dumping BTC and pumping their AltCoins, but it never really happens.

And I believe it will continue this way for a long time yet. Bitcoin is King and even not being perfect it has plenty conditions to rule the market with excellence, providing an awesome experience for all its users.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:41:56 PM

Not one currency has ever come even close to taking Bitcoins place and you think that Bitcoin will become irrelevant? Try tracking the price of the whole market, you will see that when Bitcoins price falls, every other cryptocutrency will fall in price. Also, the fall in price is irrelevant because the whole cryptoccurency market recently fell in price.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
kaisa

Activity: 560
Merit: 145

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:53:40 PM

Talking about algorithms will never be finished because technology will always develop. Moreover, technology created as financial services. then it must renew security at any time. I agree to renew the bitcoin core, though in principle it must be maintained. Hardfork is not the solution to renewing technology, because they are very different and have other interests. I think no one can shift bitcoin as the most popular cryptocurrency because bitcoin still has a large community.
SoiledDove

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:56:00 PM

I've been doing a bit of reading around. Bitcoin was the first and original cryptocurrency. Although it improves with every update, it still has a way to go to evolve to being what as cryptocurrency truly is. We have to way till the cryptocurrency evolves to being the currency it was truly meant to be. Faster, smoother and more user friendly. And this will happen. It's happening.
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:58:23 PM

Bitcoin surely will still remain as it is the standard to which all altcoins will be referenced to unless there's a means of buying altcoins via fiat and vice versa without going though Bitcoin.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
GoodAltcoin

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:45:15 PM

There is no way that BitCoin will ever be irrelevant. It will always be the primal and crypto that others are compared to. It is completely understandable that the newer crypts have other benefits and that are technically better, but it is the fact that none of them will have the impact BitCoin has. It will never be another crypto that will be spread and has influence as BitCoin.
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 07:45:11 PM

nothing will happen because bitcoin will be supported and in the future it will develop and conquer new heights
Bountyhonter

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 11:07:33 PM

Bitcoin will still remain the king of Cryptocurrencies, everything has it's own problem it's left for you as an individual to decide if you think it's use overweighs it's problem or not

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
jhanson

Activity: 135

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 11:21:27 PM

the future is uncertain and I do see bitcoin falling. however value is determined by scarcity and demand. Does that mean btc is going anywhere? don't think so imo
Andam76

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 11:38:13 PM

bitcoin will still be the parent of Cryptocurrency ... the current decline in bitcoin prices does not mean that bitcoin is irrelevant ... in the crypto world prices are fluctuating so there is nothing to worry about it
Vickyrichy

Activity: 209
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 11:43:57 PM

So I am a big bitcoin enthusiast, but I realize it has problems. Also more and more people are trying to perfect their algorithms.
What if they reach their goals and bitcoin becomes irrelevant?
The price drop isn't showing that great either!
I believe you basically don't understand how Bitcoin operates. PLease you need to read the whitepaper of Bitcoin, with that you will understand some basic concept. Bitcoin goes beyond its market value. Don't be worry about the drop of its market value, its just a phrase of Bitcoin's transformation.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:09:39 AM

bitcoin does not mean that it is not risky, but basically bitcoin is decentralized so what happens now with the price of bitcoin is decreasing every time everyone thinks that bitcoin is not useful but we have to look positively about the crypto world.
I agree. Bitcoin is remain popular and king even it falls really hard, the price remain expensive among other coins. I believe that it is useful to hold and look positively that cheaper price is an opportunity to have more volume. I believe that it would recover soon and bullish in the market again.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 06:21:55 AM

the main problem with people like OP is that they are brainwashed by the altcoin advertisements. they keep blaming the hardcore bitcoiners who are blind to everything else while they are blinded themselves. and meanwhile the same altcoins that have brainwashed them have zero innovation! they have changed a bunch of small things to create their altcoin and then pretend to be better Cheesy

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:11:01 AM

eventually bitcoin will be thing of the past. that will be another 20-30 years at least. for now bitcoin still be king.
Serious Miner

Activity: 250

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:39:19 AM

No there is no chance to be irrelevant in the future bitcoin is a popular alternative digital currency it plays a vital role in making payment for different types of transactions. Bitcoin will remain the king whatever the situation is it really doesn't matter bitcoin will fight back soon just be patients and hold guys.
rjsmith
Copper Member

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 01:21:47 PM

Bitcoin can never become irrelevant ad challenges are bound to happen.bitcoin was the first and original cryptocurrency.i think bitcoin opened the doors to a whole new world of digital possibilities.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: