Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 02:58:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Could this be the reasons of the recent downtrend in the crypto market?  (Read 302 times)
StatesManG (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 04:52:37 AM

So I read from a news today on CCN https://www.ccn.com/vc-investor-outlines-3-major-factors-behind-65-billion-crypto-market-wipeout/ and a popular VC Chris Burniske stated that the 3 major reasons for the recent market fall was because
1) The US market retracement
2) Sell-off of Ethereum
3) The Bitcoin cash hard fork.

Do you think he is right?

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
encester

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:00:13 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized so I don't think that the US market retracement could have affected it.
I do believe, however, that the Bitcoin cash hard fork was the main reason.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:05:32 AM

Ethereum sell-off is the reason, I do not think the useless fork of BCH could do any harm, but the huge sell-off Ethereum might be it. There is a lot of projects out there that is currently aiming to take Ethereum down. Either way, it looks like it was planned and not just a result of a market panic.
dddudidd

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:32:39 AM

in my opinion it's true, the 3 reasons are very reasonable. but in my opinion there are many more who are probelmatics. it's only a small part
airdropcoin

Activity: 442

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:51:21 AM

These are superficial phenomena. I think the decline is the most normal. Most investors need to drive away whales. Maybe the cryptocurrency is coming to an end. This is bad news. If Bitcoin falls below $3,800, it will be a crisis of cryptocurrency.

StatesManG (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:55:33 AM

These are superficial phenomena. I think the decline is the most normal. Most investors need to drive away whales. Maybe the cryptocurrency is coming to an end. This is bad news. If Bitcoin falls below $3,800, it will be a crisis of cryptocurrency.
I will suggest you the article thoroughly before commenting. Your comment in no way makes no sense what's so ever

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:45:13 AM

So I read from a news today on CCN https://www.ccn.com/vc-investor-outlines-3-major-factors-behind-65-billion-crypto-market-wipeout/ and a popular VC Chris Burniske stated that the 3 major reasons for the recent market fall was because
2) Sell-off of Ethereum

The reason for the recent downtrend in crypto market is that Craig and Jihan sold their bitcoins. There is nothing else you need to focus on during this downtrend, of course you can look at these for the past 10 months but if you are trying to understand why it dropped in the past 10 days all you need to look at is the bitcoin cash hard fork and why it resulted with bitcoin price dropping.

When people with tens of thousands of bitcoin sell their coins in order to take fiat currency and spend that on hash power to win the bitcoin cash hard fork it is quite impossible for us to match that in buyer numbers and that caused a huge sudden crash in the market. There are no other reasons, there are no other issues going on. This is the only reason why it dropped and of course the panic sellers affected it as well.
winstonchurchillwar

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:51:45 AM

I think that this decline was due to the exchange coinchase and hard fork bitcoin cash but I think that soon the trend will change !
plr

Activity: 1148
Merit: 24

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:55:14 AM

2) Sell-off of Ethereum

Those reasons make sense but I don't think it is restricted to 3 reasons only but it's like a domino effect, once people saw a downtrend it create funds and gossips and sell out what started out as small sell out turns ugly because there are so many people who depend on news on their reason why they are holding their coins.
carechikett

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:17:38 PM

Guys, advise good ICO's, please
carechikett

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:16:03 PM

The very moment to buy?
Alexeu00011

Activity: 182

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:22:30 PM

2) Sell-off of Ethereum

The reasons for the last decline can be incredibly many and unfortunately we are not yet able to explain them. I think that now it is not necessary to do analysis just enough to wait a bit and everything will be fine
Ghebung Masam

Activity: 280

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:39:11 PM

it's hard to guess the reason that caused this market crash, too sad to keep thinking about it. so I don't care about the cause, because there are still many opportunities that we can take advantage of in the current market situation.

ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:27:06 PM

2) Sell-off of Ethereum

So for us that have no reference for reason of this dip and they have all the resources to investigate such dip happening now so we have no choice other than to agree the news as I understand the present situation of crypto , I think the news are reliable .
didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:43:16 PM

2) Sell-off of Ethereum

So for us that have no reference for reason of this dip and they have all the resources to investigate such dip happening now so we have no choice other than to agree the news as I understand the present situation of crypto , I think the news are reliable .

in my opinion sell-of ethereum could be the main reason of the three reason above
because a lot of project born in ethereum, then from few days ago ethereum down and replaced by XRP as the best altcoins my friend

hoverdrone

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:47:37 PM

It was really a strange dip, without any direct and clear reasons - the market just started falling all of a sudden.
Personally I`d avoid buying right now. The situation is still not stable, although the market shows signs of recession today. I`d be on the lookout for news, but now they aren`t that positive: a lot of miners was stopped, some people already started selling their equipment.
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:30:35 PM

2) Sell-off of Ethereum

i think the first one is true look at apple ,google ,amazon stocks every one bleeds the whole market is down
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:02:11 PM

2) Sell-off of Ethereum

I would say that Bitcoin Cash hash war is the main reason for recent slump in cryptocurrency market. Ethereum sell-off has been a long term effect for a few months, and it might not get better in the following weeks.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:24:20 PM

2) Sell-off of Ethereum

This correction is bound to happen whether you like it or not, it is just that the recent incidences just accelerate this dump. Ethereum for one is ripe for correction what made it is what is rining it down, ICO are selling their Ethers at huge loss because they need to pay for the development of their platform
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:32:27 PM

I do not think there is any solid justification for the downtrend, in my opinion the market and specifically btc and eth went up too quickly and created fake value out of fomo and hype now market is realizing this from last few months and settling to fair price but remember this is crypto we may expect another pump or big growth anytime.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: