Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:45:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you rather see the price of Bitcoin grow steadily or in more volatile spikes?
Steady growth
Spiked growth

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL: Would you rather see Bitcoin price grow steadily or in spikes?  (Read 707 times)
CryptoSpark

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 05:16:14 PM

Any growth would be nice right now.

But if I had the choice of growth type I'd go for steady since any stable currency or economy needs smooth and steady movements.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 05:34:02 PM

We can keep the discussion on the original thread, I just think it would be great to get the numbers backing the pages of discussion. Cheers!

Steadily or gradual increase is what most people do really like to see about because this signifies high level of adoption of btc but talking on full scale adoption I don't see for the price
to head or behave like that.Imagine, having active transactions on daily basis on huge volume I don't really see for the price not to be volatile.

Long term investors + Merchants= Always considered on this one
Short term traders/scalpers = Would always prefer on high spikes due to fast profitability.

jcarlo

Activity: 798
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:39:46 AM

I am prefer choosing steady growth. Its good for our psychology and more people will join in market if bitcoin have steady growth. Steady growth give others project to grow and its will be a good market to investing our money
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:39:10 AM

A sudden spike will show that the market is full of manipulation and usually it will end up with correction, the spike growing situation wont be too respected by the investors, but the traders will be happy with this situation, while slow but sure growth will show that there are more people interested in crypto this situation, and it can attract more investors, so I prefer the grow steady situation
houjinglong

Activity: 335
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 09:42:32 AM

Stable growth is usually long-term, which helps investors find confidence. Crazy growth is conducive to the promotion of cryptocurrency. Many people have the idea of getting rich overnight to enter cryptocurrency. Usually stable growth, coupled with explosive growth, will allow cryptocurrencies to enter the bull market, and many investors will enter crazy investments.

mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 10:04:07 AM

We had our best performance when people could invest $1000 today and then sell it for say $1100 the next day. An investment is attractive when there are constant upwards movement in the price. <Day traders flourish in these market conditions>

A sudden spike only draws speculators with trigger fingers and they dump coins at the slightest drop in the price. We have seen that, when the correction phase started in Q1 of this year.  Sad

Bring back slow, but constant growth and Bitcoin will succeed.  Wink
I think all investors want it to happen, they certainly can easily get profit because of the constant growth that exists, but in fact the price of bitcoin is very volatile and unpredictable, prices sometimes will stabilize and sometimes change very quickly, we can just lose and can profit
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 10:55:52 AM

Converting a really interesting question and discussion posted by another good member here into a poll so we can actually understand what the popular sentiment is.

ORIGINAL QUESTION/DISCUSSION:
I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?

Quick notes:
  • Steady growth would be a slow and steady advancement, the growth trajectory of a more stable investment
  • Spiked growth would be cyclical periods of advances and declines

We can keep the discussion on the original thread, I just think it would be great to get the numbers backing the pages of discussion. Cheers!
Steadily increasing puts a limit to what it can be, if there is steady increases in the price people would calculate how much it would help them and invest, which would make the price go up because people would want steady increases but that would cause a spike in the price. So we can never have steady growth in bitcoin. Spikes on the other hand is possible and currently what we have.

I do not enjoy the lower spikes and higher spikes do not stay for too long whereas low spikes stay for months (and even years once) so it is a nerve wrecking thing. In short, of course we would prefer a bitcoin that gives us basically steady interest rate (in bitcoin) that doesn't change much but that would cause it to spike whereas spikes gives us anxiety on what will happen next.
Lalafell

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 12:43:59 PM

I want to see the price of bitcoin in spikes which can able to make more profit unlike in steady price. If there is an steady market its hard to gain profit and its very hard to know if you will buy in a dip. So basically, I would rather choose spikes price than steady price.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 01:15:14 PM

Definitely slow growth. I'm not here to cash out short term profits on the way up, which means that spikes have no value to me at all. I have a long term goal in mind I am working towards.

Most of the people you see complain about the current bear market are here solely for the profits. These people were also complaining about the market being boring because of how it kept hovering between $6000-$7000.

What's happening right now is that we see the real hodlers seperate themselves from the short term profit chasers, and this is very much indicating that we might be near the bottom.

From $20,000 to $4000 is an 80% correction. 90% corrections aren't unusual for crypto, but is it really worth waiting for something that might not happen? The risk to reward ratio is heavily biased towards the up side.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:57:29 AM

Price spikes can be profitable to the daytraders but if you are coinholder, steady growth is preferrable. But the crypto market has a price cycle to follow so it won't going to have a steady growth. The growth of every cryptocurrency is also affected by supply and demand and some possible price manipulations by the big investors or whales.
tosmartak

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 02:49:32 PM

Price spikes can be profitable to the daytraders but if you are coinholder, steady growth is preferrable. But the crypto market has a price cycle to follow so it won't going to have a steady growth. The growth of every cryptocurrency is also affected by supply and demand and some possible price manipulations by the big investors or whales.
For sustainable growth, I believe spikes should be the last thing. Day traders can still always make a lot of profit from the market if the growth is steady. There will always be fluctuations but with a steady growth, there is always sanity. Spikes on the other hand, are just pretty as a result of FOMO and greed, and the last time I checked, that is something that we all know what it usually results to.
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:00:22 PM

I want to best for BTC and this rise and fall need to stop. I prefer steady growth to the spike and fall. We need to have good mechanism to value BTC, most of the value are subjective and from speculations, if we get this right and through adoption the price gain more value it is better for everyone but this I know people have short memory and will soon forget a period like this and will start shouting MOOn and Lambo in 2020
wdnj

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:19:17 PM

I want to see a big spike in the market and continue to rise.
As of now we need a big rise for the bounce of the price.
Afterwards we can have the steady rise of it which will never happen!
BITCOIN is in the market and it is subject to fall and rise!
Andrea9000

Activity: 210
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 04:43:07 PM

The bigger fluctuations cripple the more we can earn. Sometimes, on such fluctuations in a month, you can earn a lot more than the usual work for the whole year.
timotron

Activity: 924
Merit: 281

Trooper Founder & CEO

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 04:53:49 PM

I would like to see both! a combination of steadily increase with some crazy spikes exact to my high sell orders  Grin and then buy again yai!

Trooper is a suite of tools for the gaming ecosystem, our first tool is a dedicated job portal for gamers to get engaged, all wrapped around the Trooper token MEDAL - $MDL
https://linktr.ee/trooperjobs
CoinEraser
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1767

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 05:08:16 PM

Converting a really interesting question and discussion posted by another good member here into a poll so we can actually understand what the popular sentiment is.

ORIGINAL QUESTION/DISCUSSION:
I wanted to see what the general thoughts of the community here are. With bitcoin being in a pretty steady state for the past few weeks, it seems like there's going to be a set up for some kind of growth. With that, there can be many paths, but after seeing today's price (which was up around 5% when I checked), I was wondering if the volatility is what people actually like about bitcoin.

So, do you guys like the volatility and the strong spikes upwards or would you rather like steady growth, around 5% gains over time?

Quick notes:
  • Steady growth would be a slow and steady advancement, the growth trajectory of a more stable investment
  • Spiked growth would be cyclical periods of advances and declines

A steady growth would certainly be better and would generate more trust among investors than all this extrem ups and downs. Many people lose their faith in crypto currencys when prices keep falling in the basement and this is certainly not good for the whole crypto market. Crypto currencys need many supporters if it is to become mainstream, but as long as people keep leaving the market because they have lost their money, it will be hard for crypto to become mainstream. So slow and steady growth would be better than all that pump and dumps. So let's hope at some point we have steady growth after all.  Wink
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 09:34:16 PM

my choice would be  , id like to see bitcoin grow in a steady manner or in a a stable condition because i dont want my btc holdings to go down since i am an investor and i usually hold my bitcoins for a lot longer time  but even the price is stable im pretty sure that it can still grow , because there were still investors that will possibly invest on bitcoins and there will also buyers that will buy bitcoin because they will use it for buying or for paying purposes . yet the price can also decrease somtimes , whenever some users decided to sell thier bitcoin but that can rarely occur .
Harrisonimo

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:53:50 PM

Just to back up my point as regards choosing the steady growth of bitcoin rather than the spikey growth. The Investors would really want a peace of mind than heartaches experienced when viewing the spikes on their investments. As much as the market is a volatile one, a relatively stable one is welcome gradually.
Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:24:43 AM

I like both, the volatility of the surge is strong up and growth is stable, but for a strong surge upwards I may have to be careful because the price of cryoto can go down quickly without notice. so I chose both because it could reduce the risk of crypto trading, and get a decent profit
sulendra12

Activity: 2828
Merit: 526

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:48:44 PM

Think about its volatility , it allows us to earn huge profit than what we expected. While on the other hand if the market is stable then it prevents us to lose money but we cant reach our specific amount of profit 
But, have you ever thought about the losses you would get when that volatile happen? You can't just think about the profit, more profit = more risk. Keep in mind either it's steadily increasing or in form of spikes have their own risk.

..B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T..|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: