Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:34:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Friday, how do we avoid scams?  (Read 164 times)
rjensen91 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:16:42 PM

I think all over the world, Black Friday is on the 23rd of Nov. All my social channels are full of promotions and ads about it to the point that it drives me crazy!
Anyways, in the past I had both good and bad experiences.. from buying things lot cheaper than normally to buying cheap things that proved not to be what described on the website.
How could one know if he's getting the right deal? How do we know if the price we paid wasn't increased little by little in the last 3 months?
Do you think in the future there can be some AI to filter all this offers so we can have fair deals and original products? Will this affect the sellers somehow?
Michael1706

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 08:37:40 AM

I think it's difficult to avoid scams. You need to have experience to know the true value of the products you want to buy. Maybe as you said, they double the price then half the price off for promoting. It absolutely can happen. AI seems to be too "luxury" for this.
rjensen91 (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:18:33 PM

I've been reading somewhere that in the future we might be able to have a marketplace in the virtual space that will be the exact opposite to what eBay/Amazon or other only exchange market are today. Some sort of virtual space where all the negotiations and trades for the goods are available online instantly. I gave it a though and i guess it can be a good space for e-commerce and it will protect parties from possible frauds.
Something like this will help us end the online scams i guess. What do you think?
hoverdrone

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:56:17 PM

I prefer not to buy anything during Black Friday.
The stores slowly increase price prior to the big sale, so in fact in most cases you just buy the goods for their original price.
The other possibility is that they can try to push defected goods with a great discount and you won`t be able to notice it during agitated sales.
To be on the safe side I do my purchases in different time, this way it`s less stressful for me.
PlutoNim

Activity: 136

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:02:41 PM

I believe that you only need to buy what you need, regardless of sale. Do not buy something just because it has become cheaper.
ClockworkTrader

Activity: 213

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:23:53 PM

Avoid it altogether. The urge to buy as much as possible at the low price will just result in you having a lot of stuff you don`t really need.
mixail.BTC

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:57:06 PM

I think that timely preparation for Black Friday can be a good option. This means you need to monitor prices for about two or three months, and only then choose the right product.
logitechwow

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 07:13:53 PM

Sure it will. When will a certain algorithm that calculates the nasty sellers, all are afraid of this algorithm from buyers, in the end, the honest seller will be a lot
Jcena55

Activity: 148

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:50:20 PM

being  careful
3lyntmy

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:49:06 AM

I think all over the world, Black Friday is on the 23rd of Nov. All my social channels are full of promotions and ads about it to the point that it drives me crazy!
Anyways, in the past I had both good and bad experiences.. from buying things lot cheaper than normally to buying cheap things that proved not to be what described on the website.
How could one know if he's getting the right deal? How do we know if the price we paid wasn't increased little by little in the last 3 months?
Do you think in the future there can be some AI to filter all this offers so we can have fair deals and original products? Will this affect the sellers somehow?

one thing u can do and control, thats don't buy anything online  Grin
rjensen91 (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 12:36:42 PM

The products i bought were on a real discount.. i mean i've been watching them for months and the price lowered significantly on Black Friday.
But the main problem was that on the website it was a picture with the real product and what i got was a replica.. That's what annoyed me!
I guess we risk our money until AI will be able to sort out the real deals..
rakokiller1

Activity: 159
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 03:40:59 PM

If theres a 50% off for real - cool, I got stuff cheaper. If its a scam and the price remains the same - ok, I got stuff for its price, no big deal.
Chijoe4real

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 06:00:35 PM

be careful
CristianOff

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 10:23:00 PM

Buying on trusting websites
Make sure you are covered by payment services like
PayPal or Amazon.
I saw a scam selling £900 computer for just £500. I found out it was a scam before purchasing but can't say the same about others. WATCH FOR REVIEWS! ALWAYS

On the other hand, my friend purchased a £1,500 laptop with just £980 :O
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: