Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:35:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: When will politicians care about their people?  (Read 163 times)
gb085 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:30:44 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2018, 02:01:47 PM by gb085

I have always been thinking.. in the corrupt countries or in countries where the government doesn't do much for its people, when will the politicians actually start to care about their people?
Is there a way to make them give a damn about us?
I feel that everything i see on the news is about another politician that is rich and enjoys his vacations in exotic places, or has bought another palace or expansive car and so on.
All the good politicians that have this amazing campaigns where they state: i'll help the poor, the needy, etc., once they reach power, the become blind, stupid and develop Alzheimer and forget about their promises.
What we, humans, can do to stop that? (Other than killing them all haha)
Is there a way to have leaders that care about our problems?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chantella

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 01:48:52 PM

I think you're generalising a little bit too much. Of course it is very common in politics that the "power hunger" kinda shines through every now and then and it often seems that the only reason we have politicians is that they could be at each others throats and gloat who's better and richer and so on. But I believe or at least want to believe that in the end of the day there are a lot of politicians who really fight for their country's and people's well being, but maybe they don't always get noticed as much as these havoc wreckers.

Also, how would you see a country work without leaders? Without anyone who could actually be responsible for the decisions made? In a way anarchy seems cool and all "living without rules" yet wouldn't that conclude with "the purge" kind of a situation. As you stated "what can we do to change that other than killing them" also shows that this sort of an approach where everyone can just do whatever they want if they do not like something wouldn't be very sustainable.

What we can do (other than killing politicians  Smiley Smiley) is that we too can work towards our beliefs and do what is in our hands to make our country and its' people lives better. And even if we don't have the power to control the political situation we do have the power to make people surrounding us feel better and therefore make their lives better a little better do.
gb085 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:42:32 PM

I think you're generalising a little bit too much. Of course it is very common in politics that the "power hunger" kinda shines through every now and then and it often seems that the only reason we have politicians is that they could be at each others throats and gloat who's better and richer and so on. But I believe or at least want to believe that in the end of the day there are a lot of politicians who really fight for their country's and people's well being, but maybe they don't always get noticed as much as these havoc wreckers.

Also, how would you see a country work without leaders? Without anyone who could actually be responsible for the decisions made? In a way anarchy seems cool and all "living without rules" yet wouldn't that conclude with "the purge" kind of a situation. As you stated "what can we do to change that other than killing them" also shows that this sort of an approach where everyone can just do whatever they want if they do not like something wouldn't be very sustainable.

What we can do (other than killing politicians  Smiley Smiley) is that we too can work towards our beliefs and do what is in our hands to make our country and its' people lives better. And even if we don't have the power to control the political situation we do have the power to make people surrounding us feel better and therefore make their lives better a little better do.

I think that instead of letting politicians do whatever they want once they reach power over a nation, we can actually stop voting for the same liars.. Or, if people get out on the streets would have a real voice and the power to say something, a world with no corruption or "bad politicians" can actually be achieved. Unfortunately people have become chickens in time and they think more about: "i want to live tomorrow as well" instead of doing something even that might cost their life in order for their children to have a better future.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
November 28, 2018, 01:57:35 AM

I have always been thinking.. in the corrupt countries or in countries where the government doesn't do much for its people, when will the politicians actually start to care about their people?
If from the very start they don't care about their people, don't expect that they will ever change their mind to care for the people that has been making them wealthier and living the life they wanted to be. All they care is on how much is on their pockets.

Is there a way to make them give a damn about us?
Yes, when the election's near.  Grin

I feel that everything i see on the news is about another politician that is rich and enjoys his vacations in exotic places, or has bought another palace or expansive car and so on.
All the good politicians that have this amazing campaigns where they state: i'll help the poor, the needy, etc., once they reach power, the become blind, stupid and develop Alzheimer and forget about their promises.
This is on how they are making them think about us, when the election is at hand. They would do things clearly that will get people's sentiment just for get our votes and this is usual now in politics. Once they are on the position, they are free to forget their promises. I'm not saying that all of them are but only few are fulfilling their promises.

Is there a way to have leaders that care about our problems?
Look on their track record, check their background and their lives behind the cam. Those who are taking actions to help others without any press release/confrence are the ones who really care for their people.

Signature for rent
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2018, 03:12:32 AM

There is an old saying:

When the government fears the people, you have freedom. When the people fear the government you have tyranny.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:42:11 PM

It is natural for people to help others, to care for others. However, this kind of act undeniably anchored to our self-interest. The so-valled psychological egoism states that it is innate to us to think of our selves, what benefits we will gain, and what is its advantage that we could also have. And it is no different for the politicians. I believe that there are still politicians who still cares for their people but at the same time, serving their interests. on the other hand, there are many of them does not care at all. But when they will really care for their people? I think the answer lies within our hands. It depends upon the people ourselves, and it will be based on who, why, and how we choose our leaders.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: