Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:19:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Add V8 and Stellite support to SGminer?  (Read 270 times)
helipotte (OP)

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 06:20:25 PM

Can anyone here do this?  I am no developer so a bounty might be in order.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
helipotte (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:04:52 AM

Seems like all development for this miner has stopped. Huh
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 06:07:13 AM

Seems like all development for this miner has stopped. Huh

SGMiner was an awesome miner, even CGminer.

There was development last year by wolf and GenesisMining which ported the SGMiner to include the older version of Cryptonight.

However now with profitability down the drain and people losing interest, I don't think we will see an updated miner anytime soon. Maybe if things start to pick up we might see a Claymore V8 miner and a SGminer which supports V8. Until then, all we can do is wait.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:35:55 AM

In addition to what's already been said above I will just add that SGminer is pretty damn old now and that you can only extract that much performance out of those kernels.

There are newer, much better miners out there that have been developed from scratch that'll hash CN algos much faster than any SGminer fork will ever be able to do by now.
helipotte (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 01:58:50 PM

In addition to what's already been said above I will just add that SGminer is pretty damn old now and that you can only extract that much performance out of those kernels.

There are newer, much better miners out there that have been developed from scratch that'll hash CN algos much faster than any SGminer fork will ever be able to do by now.

Examples?  I have never found a miner faster than SGminer.  Also none of the new miners fully support remote monitoring using JSON.  Claymore at least had Ethman.

I primarily want a miner that has decent JSON, like CGminer has.  The developer of SRBminer has said that their miner supports it, but I have not found info on it.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 04:38:21 PM

Examples?  I have never found a miner faster than SGminer.  Also none of the new miners fully support remote monitoring using JSON.  Claymore at least had Ethman.

I primarily want a miner that has decent JSON, like CGminer has.  The developer of SRBminer has said that their miner supports it, but I have not found info on it.
Come on man, this forum is full of threads about CN and has been for the past year.

SRBminer
JCEminer
Teamredminer
I haven't tried these personally but I imagine XMRIG, CastXMR and XMRStak can do it too.

All of the above are faster than SGminer, more stable and use less power too.

Have a browse.
helipotte (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 11:10:05 PM

I have used all of those miners.  They are great miners and fast.  None of them support JSON / volt control / temp monitoring / remote mangement like SGminer does.

Besides, the topic of this thread is adding support for new CN versions (V8 & Stellite) to SGminer.  Not using other miners instead.  I can offer a bounty if someone

can do it.  Feel free to PM me.
vacarosie200

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:10:36 PM

any news about that?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: