Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 09:35:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If BTC is not the best way to save money, What you think is the best ?  (Read 1492 times)
btc78

Activity: 2548
Merit: 216

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:09:45 AM

This post is based on the replies to my other post Its Bitcoin a good way to save money for our kids?

Lots of people say BTC is not a good way to save money, so what is for you a better option??

I want to know the best ways you see to save money for kids and WHY. Please don't add fiat...

Actually i have alotted some cryptocurrency for my only child,ofcourse some volume of bitcoin contains this as i believe that cryptocurrency specially bitcoin is the greatest way people has created to save money that may has a chance to bring profit also.meaning multi chance of saving and gaining is indeed

rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:47:40 AM

Saving in bitcoin is good but when this type of present situation we have now comes up it will become calamitous and days filled with sorrow. It is not a good financial advice to put all your eggs in one basket hence you can save most with bitcoin and some with stocks and some other investment portfolio like forest managed account.
- ESPERS -

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:20:29 PM

Bitcoin is indeed a big competition for banks. That's why many states banned bitcoin transactions, so banks would not be endangered. You can keep money by buying Bitcoin, but you do not have to panic if the price drops or if profit does not come immediately. The investment in Bitcoin is a long-term and long-term investment.
Hasbro27

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:32:51 PM

how to save everyone's money differently, saving using bitcoin in my opinion has a high risk of losing a lot of money that you save, like the current example of bitcoin prices going down very deep, I prefer to save money in stocks and gold.
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:45:22 PM

how to save everyone's money differently, saving using bitcoin in my opinion has a high risk of losing a lot of money that you save, like the current example of bitcoin prices going down very deep, I prefer to save money in stocks and gold.

Even in Stocks also the prices goes down, their are even crash in Stock market also, as you can know last so many times stock market also got crashed and lot of stock holders money went zero. But in bitcoin if you hold for long you can surely get your price and even profit also. That is why investing and saving in bitcoin is good way of earning profit.

AshleyFurious

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:11:47 PM

All assets go down from time to time, so btc isn't different in this sense. I think that btc is a great saving for our kids and future.
Tondya

Activity: 546

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 05:31:11 PM

At the moment, the best way to save your money is not to invest it in cryptocurrency. Keep your money in precious metals, real estate, invest in business. Now the market situation is unstable.

suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2018, 06:02:20 PM

At the moment, the best way to save your money is not to invest it in cryptocurrency. Keep your money in precious metals, real estate, invest in business. Now the market situation is unstable.
What you said make sense but you seems to forget that there is some economic break down going on this days and the most previous thing about bitcoin is that if ones can wait such investors will get back his investment along with profit. However, we have stable coins in the market which are the best way of keeping ones investment/profit intact and I believe ones can use this as a means of saving money.

azalea69

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:28:38 PM

If bitcoin is not a good investment, then switch to investing in real estate or the business world that has better and more promising prospects.
Today many small things can produce many things and benefits.
Cryptoshops

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:42:53 PM

Invest into property  Grin
PeRo

Activity: 1040
Merit: 538

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:47:24 PM

Maybe it would be a nice to save Bitcoins and pass it to your kids, it would be a nice way for them to inherit the passion for Bitcoin but it might not be the best way, because who knows how much will that be worth. Bitcoin is mainly the best for investing but saving it isn't very safe.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 10:01:11 PM

Lol, bitcoin was never a good way to save money, to save you need stability, and a little growth, for that there are savings accounts, bitcoin was simply made to make transactions and people now given then a different use, it is always better to buy something of value that you are sure will cost more in the future.

DigitalCyberius

Activity: 129
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:19:44 AM

A bit astounded that the question of if BTC is a good way to save money... for our kids, no less, would even be asked. I think the obvious answer is no, although if you want to put a little bit in it for long-term speculation, I guess that would be alright.

Ok, non-fiat "alternatives" to saving aside from Bitcoin. Actually, it is a good point to leave out fiat, because although you can set fiat money aside and save it (and probably should to some degree), if you're looking at the long-term, inflation is probably going to eat away at your savings. Probably one of the best alternatives would be gold and silver, stashed/hidden away in a safe place. Reason being is that they tend to retain their value and are relatively stable... even gaining value in hard or uncertain economic times, plus some have said that their prices are being artificially suppressed. Other metals may also be good, but gold and silver probably the top two metals. You can get bullion rounds, coins, and bars in larger or smaller sizes, and can have them shipped to you (with insurance, probably best option) or have them stored in a third party vault... if you want to.

The next best thing that's affordable for most (again, non-fiat), is likely stocks with dividends or ones with an expected long-term growth. And more, but that's a whole different world in of itself, with lots of different options available.

If you can afford it, and are willing to learn the know-how and put in the time, things like real-estate, big time investments like oil wells, water, food, etc, can be good (but can also hurt more if you do it wrong. If done right, use the profits as you will. Starting a business also good, and also bigger potential for failure, but the potential for long-term income is a risk worth taking for many. Those are really the best options, but only for those who are really ready to get into it, learn, make mistakes, etc. Metals and stocks for short to long-term, entrepreneurship, real-estate, and larger investments for long-term. If you'd like to get into the latter, might I suggest listening to guys like Robert Kiyosaki, or Josh Tolley.

Hope that helps,
The DinarDirham team.
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:38:25 AM

A bit astounded that the question of if BTC is a good way to save money... for our kids, no less, would even be asked. I think the obvious answer is no, although if you want to put a little bit in it for long-term speculation, I guess that would be alright.

Ok, non-fiat "alternatives" to saving aside from Bitcoin. Actually, it is a good point to leave out fiat, because although you can set fiat money aside and save it (and probably should to some degree), if you're looking at the long-term, inflation is probably going to eat away at your savings. Probably one of the best alternatives would be gold and silver, stashed/hidden away in a safe place. Reason being is that they tend to retain their value and are relatively stable... even gaining value in hard or uncertain economic times, plus some have said that their prices are being artificially suppressed. Other metals may also be good, but gold and silver probably the top two metals. You can get bullion rounds, coins, and bars in larger or smaller sizes, and can have them shipped to you (with insurance, probably best option) or have them stored in a third party vault... if you want to.

The next best thing that's affordable for most (again, non-fiat), is likely stocks with dividends or ones with an expected long-term growth. And more, but that's a whole different world in of itself, with lots of different options available.

If you can afford it, and are willing to learn the know-how and put in the time, things like real-estate, big time investments like oil wells, water, food, etc, can be good (but can also hurt more if you do it wrong. If done right, use the profits as you will. Starting a business also good, and also bigger potential for failure, but the potential for long-term income is a risk worth taking for many. Those are really the best options, but only for those who are really ready to get into it, learn, make mistakes, etc. Metals and stocks for short to long-term, entrepreneurship, real-estate, and larger investments for long-term. If you'd like to get into the latter, might I suggest listening to guys like Robert Kiyosaki, or Josh Tolley.

Hope that helps,
The DinarDirham team.

you're right about inflation's effect on savings and agree about gold and silver. add platinum to your list as it holds equal to or a little more value than gold.
chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 04:45:25 AM

This post is based on the replies to my other post Its Bitcoin a good way to save money for our kids?

Lots of people say BTC is not a good way to save money, so what is for you a better option??

I want to know the best ways you see to save money for kids and WHY. Please don't add fiat...

I don't think that putting your money in bitcoin is called saving money. Bitcoin has high volatility which is not good to save your money in it. Traditional asset is still the best place to save your money like real estate, land and that sort of things.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 05:38:45 AM

Maybe it would be a nice to save Bitcoins and pass it to your kids, it would be a nice way for them to inherit the passion for Bitcoin but it might not be the best way, because who knows how much will that be worth. Bitcoin is mainly the best for investing but saving it isn't very safe.
because that risk makes depositing money in bitcoin unsafe, and because of that it should not put all your wealth in bitcoin mate.
for other options other than bitcoin that are much safer, of course on gold and real estate, the price is stable and there will be no inflation in gold. while real estate price growth is very fast rising..
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 09:21:53 PM

investing or saving in bitcoin is a good way to save money, if we save large amounts of money in the bank, then your money will be exhausted by administrative fees every month, but if you save your money on BTC, it will follow volatility. and you must know, that BTC volatility will always be an uptrend.
It is good to invest with bitcoin for kids but save it separately because it risky in crypto. I suggest to used it as capital and save the profit you've get because it is long time before your kid gonna need that so make it earn for the moment. Though bitcoin is very volatile, that volatility gives lot of chances that you could gain and buy more.

Cryptrx

Activity: 498
Merit: 1

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:34:11 PM

I think the best way to save money for kids will be investing in tangible assets like real estate. You're certain of profit unlike investing the money into unpredictable digital assets.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
sunsilk

Activity: 2968
Merit: 622

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 10:44:15 PM

I think the best way to save money for kids will be investing in tangible assets like real estate. You're certain of profit unlike investing the money into unpredictable digital assets.
It's a good inheritance for them, just like what my parents did to me. They opened me with some real estate and they are teaching me that real estate assets are like gold.

BTC is also okay to save money, if you ever heard of a family that sold most of their assets and invested to bitcoin? this family made that much during the all time high and they sold their home for bitcoin when it was $1,000 and they never wrong to it. Although it takes courage before getting high reward.

bitbollo
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 3587

Nec Recisa Recedit

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:03:15 PM

my question is:
We are really sure BTC is not the best way to save money?

Ok.
If we look 2018 charts there is the picture of a really disaster Smiley. but...
Historically after each "death" btc have always gained a better value (in long term 3-4 years after a crash) within a relative stable period.
(just as example VIX index and btc on July 2018 https://www.forbes.com/sites/naeemaslam/2018/07/17/bitcoins-roadway-back-to-7k/#59b6aaf44977 ).

There is something better for saving money then a disruptive technology (limited to only 21million of coins/units) with the potential to be a truly revolution on long terms?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███