Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:49:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mining firm goes bankrupt  (Read 280 times)
Don Pedro Dinero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1506

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 07:24:46 PM
Merited by dbshck (2), paxmao (1)

What do you think of this? Is this the first one and more will come or is it just a badly managed firm?

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-mining-firm-giga-watt-declares-bankruptcy-owing-millions

"U.S.-based bitcoin mining firm Giga Watt has declared bankruptcy with millions still owed to creditors.

The firm filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy at a court in the Eastern District of Washington on Monday, revealing that it still owes its biggest 20 unsecured creditors nearly $7 million in court documents seen by CoinDesk.

Creditors include the utilities provider in its Douglas County base, having a claim of over $310,000, and electricity provider Neppel Electric, which is owed almost half a million dollars.

Giga Watt has estimated assets worth less than $50,000, whereas estimated liabilities are in the range of $10–50 million, according to the court documents."

It held an ICO and was ANNounced on this forum.

Another thread makes me think that it is due to management, as the company was acused of being a scam, but the problem is, how many more are out there?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 12:04:30 AM

It’s bad management,

Look at the total value of assets compared to how much they owe. It’s as if they set antminer s1s to mine with that much of.a bill )unless of course, someone has made off with the miners).
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2018, 09:22:47 AM

I'm tempted to try to buy a cheap mining rig. There are rumours of miners using wheelbarrows to dump them.
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 01:44:34 PM
Merited by dbshck (2), Jet Cash (1), Don Pedro Dinero (1)

@OP,
There have been a few mining-based firms (not companies making these mining equipment or giving electricity hosting services) like hashflare that had exit scams and most have been done with the purpose of scamming people and running away with their money. Those who were good at paying, were stopped mostly due to mismanagement and no plans for future when Bitcoin surged in price (and even no plans for BTC price drops).

Their mining equipment inventory shows "No Products Found", so shall we consider them out of stock for that part?

I'm tempted to try to buy a cheap mining rig. There are rumours of miners using wheelbarrows to dump them.

I wish they may show up with an auction for all their mining stuff and sell them for lower prices, at least they'll get some capital to start off something else and try paying their investors back (but that's next to impossible, still as crypto itself has turned many investments into 1000x and made billionaires, anything may happen).
WhyFhy

Activity: 1430
Merit: 513

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:19:50 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

@OP,
There have been a few mining-based firms (not companies making these mining equipment or giving electricity hosting services) like hashflare that had exit scams and most have been done with the purpose of scamming people and running away with their money. Those who were good at paying, were stopped mostly due to mismanagement and no plans for future when Bitcoin surged in price (and even no plans for BTC price drops).

Their mining equipment inventory shows "No Products Found", so shall we consider them out of stock for that part?

I wish they may show up with an auction for all their mining stuff and sell them for lower prices, at least they'll get some capital to start off something else and try paying their investors back (but that's next to impossible, still as crypto itself has turned many investments into 1000x and made billionaires, anything may happen).
Saw a video of this on twitter, they are not even stacking them just dumping them probably messing them up in process Sad
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 04:40:58 PM

I have energy included in rent, let’s do it!
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1580

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:07:36 PM

Have you got also a long term agreement? Eviction in 3, 2, 1.....
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:09:40 PM

Yes, I have to abide by an aup and a tenancy agreement. Neither of which state anything to do with the consumption of electricity. The only thing on internet usage is essentially “don’t intentionally dos the WiFi”.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1580

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
November 23, 2018, 07:45:09 PM

Yes, I have to abide by an aup and a tenancy agreement. Neither of which state anything to do with the consumption of electricity. The only thing on internet usage is essentially “don’t intentionally dos the WiFi”.

It´s like a dream! It is only comparable to a guy I know that is mining in a state subsidised accommodation, including power.
sinkfish

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:07:01 AM

What do you think of this? Is this the first one and more will come or is it just a badly managed firm?

https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-mining-firm-giga-watt-declares-bankruptcy-owing-millions

"U.S.-based bitcoin mining firm Giga Watt has declared bankruptcy with millions still owed to creditors.

The firm filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy at a court in the Eastern District of Washington on Monday, revealing that it still owes its biggest 20 unsecured creditors nearly $7 million in court documents seen by CoinDesk.

Creditors include the utilities provider in its Douglas County base, having a claim of over $310,000, and electricity provider Neppel Electric, which is owed almost half a million dollars.

Giga Watt has estimated assets worth less than $50,000, whereas estimated liabilities are in the range of $10–50 million, according to the court documents."

It held an ICO and was ANNounced on this forum.

Another thread makes me think that it is due to management, as the company was acused of being a scam, but the problem is, how many more are out there?

either its bad management or money-scape.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: