Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:36:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Very stable BTC dominance  (Read 1542 times)
b3j0

Activity: 714
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 27, 2018, 11:06:08 PM

lately the dominance of Bitcoin is indeed quite stable, because altcoins such as XRP and ETH also experience huge price declines so they don't have much influence on the dominance of bitcoin.

biletskiy

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 07:36:40 PM

lately the dominance of Bitcoin is indeed quite stable, because altcoins such as XRP and ETH also experience huge price declines so they don't have much influence on the dominance of bitcoin.

In 2017, when almost all the cryptocurrencies rushed to the Moon, Bitcoin dominance was about 37% only. Today more people trust it and invest in BTC. Its dominance is 53-54%, and it is stable.
Capt00

Activity: 938
Merit: 105

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 08:00:34 PM

In 2017, when almost all the cryptocurrencies rushed to the Moon, Bitcoin dominance was about 37% only. Today more people trust it and invest in BTC. Its dominance is 53-54%, and it is stable.
Stable dominance because of a lot of people still believing in Bitcoin technology. They think that they have a better profit if they invest in this kind of technology aside from being stable people didn't have a doubt on this. However, they grab the better opportunity that purchases Bitcoin while it is very cheap in the market. Stable dominance will contribute the market begun to raise.
pkarpisek

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2018, 09:00:46 PM

It is not really stable. What I like is the 24 hours volume (16B) which show interest in trading.
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 06:26:45 AM

Since the dump from 6500$ (and actually since sept.) btc dominance has been very stable, around 53%.
However it appears previous bear market phases always had an impact on the indicator.

How do you explains this at all?

Bitcoin dominate market cap value more than 50%, i think its not good for others coin development. many altcoin drop the price more than 95% from highest price and i think if bitcoin domination above 50%, altcoin will not growing fast

South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 05:55:27 PM

Since the dump from 6500$ (and actually since sept.) btc dominance has been very stable, around 53%.
However it appears previous bear market phases always had an impact on the indicator.

I have noticed that as well and it seems very interesting, bitcoin and altcoins are falling in almost the same proportion, I am not sure what this means, was the crash fabricated? Or are people selling bitcoin and their altcoins in the same proportion because they are getting completely out of the market? I do not know and it will be interesting to know if someone has a theory to explain what it is happening.
quartzz (OP)

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 01:56:23 AM

I have noticed that as well and it seems very interesting, bitcoin and altcoins are falling in almost the same proportion, I am not sure what this means, was the crash fabricated? Or are people selling bitcoin and their altcoins in the same proportion because they are getting completely out of the market? I do not know and it will be interesting to know if someone has a theory to explain what it is happening.

That was exactly my point and interrogation. And most notably since in previous market dumps, BTC was not falling in the same proportion as altcoins.
2 points that have been mentionned earlier and seem valid to me, and point out 2 market changes:
- Echanges offer more altcoins
- Stable coins, which now play the role of "refuge"

I'm still amazed how stable it is despite all these massive pumps and dumps
wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 05:44:10 AM

Bitcoin dominate market cap value more than 50%, i think its not good for others coin development. many altcoin drop the price more than 95% from highest price and i think if bitcoin domination above 50%, altcoin will not growing fast
altcoin seems to be dictated by bitcoin, and they can't be as independent, so they are just following. this makes development less than maximum, so many altcoins are worthless
lihongjing

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 07:02:38 AM

Perhaps the plunge in cryptocurrency in November is preparing for the bull market, which may be good news. But for future market uncertainty, bitcoin instability will help the bull market. The price of Bitcoin is the same as the price before the bull market last year.
andika2018

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 09:52:35 AM

Its too early making prediction. Its true that bitcoin market cap dominate more than 53% but i think its because most altcoin drop the price more than 90%. Hopely bitcoin price not drop again because many good news will come to market like BAKKT or ETF trade
erickbarkley29

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:03:07 PM

can it really be called stable even if it is fluctuating? do you mean that dominance as it has set the trend for the other coins? i just want to understand and ease my confusion.
quartzz (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:44:28 PM

Perhaps the plunge in cryptocurrency in November is preparing for the bull market, which may be good news. But for future market uncertainty, bitcoin instability will help the bull market. The price of Bitcoin is the same as the price before the bull market last year.

Its too early making prediction. Its true that bitcoin market cap dominate more than 53% but i think its because most altcoin drop the price more than 90%. Hopely bitcoin price not drop again because many good news will come to market like BAKKT or ETF trade

This topic isn't about predictions but understanding the current situation
quartzz (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:48:41 PM

can it really be called stable even if it is fluctuating? do you mean that dominance as it has set the trend for the other coins? i just want to understand and ease my confusion.
Bitcoin went from 6500 to 5500
Then 5500 to 4200
Then 4200 to 3700
Since september BTC dominance remained the same (53%) which means BTC and the whole market fell proportionnaly which wasn't the case in previous dump phases. I wonder why and what that means.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1372
Merit: 269

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 02:07:11 PM

Even with the downward trend last November, bitcoin has been very stable at the most recognize cryptocurrency holding the majority of the total market cap. This would reflect to the trust and confidence investors give to bitcoin. They probably believe to the future of bitcoin.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Vinz1978

Activity: 225

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 02:16:19 PM

This year has proven how cryptoenthusiats recognize bitcoin. With its price had fallen already by $15,000 from last year's price, investors are still accumulating their bitcoin by buying more and more. Its low price might be too attractive to investors believing its price will go up again.
Bitcoinnation
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 08:54:04 PM

The altcoins do not have a great use in real life, if the altcoins had practical use in real life then the dominance of bitcoin would be much smaller and the falls of prices of bitcoin would not affect much the altcoins, but the reality is that the altcoins are focused on solving the problems of the internet, nothing against this, but there are already over 2000 altcoins and more than 80% of these altcoins have the same purpose
Actually some do have real life applications... Take an example of Ethereum. it has proved to be so useful for startups unlike bitcoin. Bitcoins only application is payments and maybe trading.
The only reason BTC is so dorminant is because it is the Godfather of cryptocurrencies.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:02:15 AM

Its obvious that Bitcoin is not dominating because it was continue to decline together with the Altcoins therefore it is to early to conclude if the price is slightly bouncing back that it was not a dominance but rather just a trap so better observed very well the market before making a conclusion.
vixcious

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:06:03 AM

It was only a small stable period and now it is fluctuating again. Volatility is the nature of the crypto market and it can not go away. Once it's stabilized, it's a sign that it's going to have a big turning point.

EcoChavCrypto

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 05:11:32 AM

The dominance will keep going down as the time passes, there are more and more altcoins being created and listed on coinmarketcap on a daily basis, so it should go down.
The marketcap gets distributed equally, and that is the reason of why in the end, bitcoin will lose dominance.

But it will all come back again as soon as another bullrun starts.

▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████
  ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄███████▀   ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▄▄▄████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████████
█████████   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████
█████████   █████   ███████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █████   ██████▀
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀   █████▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▀
     █████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
Bitcoin Air 

█      ███
█      ███
  ██
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
  ██  ███
      ███
█  ██
  ███
█  ██
  ███
   ██
  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██  ███
█  ██
     ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███  ██  █
███      █
███  ██ 
███  ██ 
     ██ 
███
  ██ 
███
  ██ 
     ██

virasog
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1162

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 07:02:43 AM

Well, then bitcoin price drops by 1 to 2 Percent, the altcoin prices dip by 10 to 20 Percent. This means that bitcoin Dominance remains the same and currently it is above 50 percent for last many months. This is the reason we don't see any dip on BTC Dominance despite of decrease in prices.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████