Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:50:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Very stable BTC dominance  (Read 1536 times)
CoolWave

Activity: 630
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 07:10:21 AM

If developing countries happen to get a regulation of the cryptocurrencies(they have to) then this will lead to second phase bull market . I suggest people to stay along with crypto as it is unstoppable . Be it legal or illegal, people will use it . Actually , the countries making it illegal are stupid as people would use it irrespective of the legal involvement . After every bear, there is a bull waiting .
quartzz (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 10:41:27 PM

I can feel that people are nervous because most people don't even take time to address the point of "BTC dominance" and straight go speculating about BTC's bright future.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:13:31 AM

lately the dominance of Bitcoin is indeed quite stable, because altcoins such as XRP and ETH also experience huge price declines so they don't have much influence on the dominance of bitcoin.
I doubt this can continue for a long period of time, bitcoin is the biggest coin and it will always stay at number one for a long time unless something crazy happens but even with that in mind it is impossible to assume bitcoin dominance can be this high while everything else falls, whenever the prices go up it goes up higher for altcoins whereas it doesn't go up as fast for bitcoin.

For the biggest example bitcoin is around 4 thousand dollars right now and if it goes 5 times higher it will be at its all time high, whereas ethereum needs to go 15 times more than its price to be the all time high, nano needs to be 34 times higher to be all time high, there are ton of altcoins like that. Which means when the bull comes bitcoin breaks the all time high price followed by other coins doing the same, bitcoin dominance will fall drastically even tho price goes up.
eaglewhite80

Activity: 406
Merit: 36

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:18:06 AM

I can feel that people are nervous because most people don't even take time to address the point of "BTC dominance" and straight go speculating about BTC's bright future.
It is a normal thing to expect people to be nervous at times like this. It is indeed a trial time for those who possibly entered the market late last year and obviously, there is always going to be that need to keep looking for ways to at least make it a lot easier when it comes to trying to put their mind in check. BTC dominance at this stage is not a bad thing nor a good thing per se, it is something that just happens based on the market movement, and flow of funds from bitcoin to altcoins to fiat and vice versa. So, in a way, it is not like BTC dominance being stable now means anything substantial.
serizawa

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 09:56:27 AM

people still believe a lot in bitcoin and now I see BTC still dominates up to 53% ...
even though it is still in a market bear, people are not afraid to buy bitcoin
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:24:29 AM

If developing countries happen to get a regulation of the cryptocurrencies(they have to) then this will lead to second phase bull market . I suggest people to stay along with crypto as it is unstoppable . Be it legal or illegal, people will use it . Actually , the countries making it illegal are stupid as people would use it irrespective of the legal involvement . After every bear, there is a bull waiting .
Regulations is obviously going to end up bringing a huge bounce for this market, both in value and in maturity. The stable dominance is just something that is temporary anyway, because with the way things are going, I will in no doubt believe that this market obviously is something that will grow more than this over time, and a time will come when there will be a thug of competitive war among the altcoins for survival when it comes to that. Any country that is making it illegal probably have some skeletons in their wardrobe, and they simply feel it will get them a lot exposed, but do they really have much choice in the long run? I don't think so!
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:25:33 AM

lately the dominance of Bitcoin is indeed quite stable, because altcoins such as XRP and ETH also experience huge price declines so they don't have much influence on the dominance of bitcoin.

Well, then bitcoin price drops by 1 to 2 Percent, the altcoin prices dip by 10 to 20 Percent. This means that bitcoin Dominance remains the same and currently it is above 50 percent for last many months. This is the reason we don't see any dip on BTC Dominance despite of decrease in prices.

The decrease of the price is also termed as dip  .  bitcoin do still dominating compared to other cryptos because we can see that its value is still leading the charts despite the major dip that it experienced  .

However , there were still few countries that didnt legalize the use of cryptos and that makes the dominance of bitcoin became less and lesser  .

Overall we cant say that bitcoin is in stable dominance because there are also investors and hodlers that constatly sold their coins and that makes the price to go down in which it can still cause fluctuations or unstability  .
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
December 04, 2018, 11:30:41 AM

People have been made thinking about how important the dominance in market cap is, while it's not important at all. Is Ethereum less functional or less popular now it has been surpassed by XRP? Nope.

All the XRP fanboys were celebrating that it went above Ethereum, but for what? Did they win anything by that? They are so dumb, that they don't even understand that XRP has surpassed Ethereum more than once.

By the time Ethereum starts pumping again, it will greatly outperform XRP, which is usually underperforming when the rest of the market goes up. Years ago no one even cared about market caps, and now it's "law".

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
maligu

Activity: 333
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 09:29:29 AM

Stable bitcoin will be bad, the cryptocurrency market is growing, and long-term stability will only lead investors to lose money again, because everyone thinks this is the lowest price, but the market will continue to decline. The price of bitcoin will be stable in the next decade.

quartzz (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 11:55:27 PM

54.2% at the moment, first time I see it above 53.x%
rafi035

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 05:32:17 AM

stable for crypto eyes may not be possible because crypto currencies will continue to move because the trade continues and that cannot make crypto currencies unstable
quartzz (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:11:02 AM

stable for crypto eyes may not be possible because crypto currencies will continue to move because the trade continues and that cannot make crypto currencies unstable
The topic is specifically about the BTC dominance's stability.

It's not now at 54.7%
IlVeroNico

Activity: 621
Merit: 214

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 09:17:54 AM

Last year Pre-bullrun it passed 60% and then plummeted to sub 35%

Ypu can check it out on CMC https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/#dominance-percentage

ophyrim

Activity: 994
Merit: 391

View Profile
December 06, 2018, 10:02:31 AM

Since the dump from 6500$ (and actually since sept.) btc dominance has been very stable, around 53%.
However it appears previous bear market phases always had an impact on the indicator.

How do you explains this at all?

BTC dominance has started to increase a little bit from 53% to 55%. But I think 55% is like some kind of resistance level since weeks. People just dont want to sell their altcoins anymore.
DRVX

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 01:39:41 PM

When BTC price reached its maximum and the cryptocurrency was close to 20 thousand Bitcoin dominance was about 37%. It was explained by the high prices of the altcoins. Now, when alts are down, people prefer to deal with BTC.
quartzz (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 01:45:07 PM

When BTC price reached its maximum and the cryptocurrency was close to 20 thousand Bitcoin dominance was about 37%. It was explained by the high prices of the altcoins. Now, when alts are down, people prefer to deal with BTC.

First time since september 2018 (I forgot to mention). BTC had 3 dumps over that period but dominace remained the same (53%). On this new dump the dominace is finally affected: 55.2% now
awik p

Activity: 1526
Merit: 111

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 01:55:21 PM

right, those who still survive certainly want the safest investment in coins, so they have a small risk and of course they will have the first chance to reach a high price among other coins, so even though the prices of all coins go down, bitcoin still dominates in terms of market cap

sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2018, 07:52:27 PM

people still believe a lot in bitcoin and now I see BTC still dominates up to 53% ...
even though it is still in a market bear, people are not afraid to buy bitcoin

People trust Bitcoin more than even the best altcoins that are in the top-10. Therefore, BTC dominance is very high. In winter 2017, when tokens were growing fast, many guys invested and the main crypto dominance was 37-38%.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 05:38:16 AM

Since the dump from 6500$ (and actually since sept.) btc dominance has been very stable, around 53%.
However it appears previous bear market phases always had an impact on the indicator.

How do you explains this at all?

When bitcoin price drop, most altcoin price following and bitcoin dominant in market increase. I think when market recovery and altcoin price rising, bitcoin dominant will decrease and its good for market because its more healthy and give a chance for altcoin to grow
quartzz (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 05:38:38 PM

So it looks like BTC dominance has restabilize around the 55%
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: