Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:01:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to calculate profit  (Read 1452 times)
moneyangel

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 11:33:41 AM

So lets say I put in $100 dollars. I buy while its at a low of $10,400. The price goes up to $10,400 and I sell. Whata my profit?
You need to consider the transaction fee in making a buy and sell of crypto. Better to sell your crypto in at least 20% price higher than your buying price to have a profits.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nissuncutubi

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 09:41:52 AM

You will really lost time  maybe we don't feel that we are losing time but that time is really important specially when you are holding it with a couple of months or maybe years time is really been wasted.
Macai

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:11:18 AM

It is simple as arithmetic. Just subtract your investment from what you earn in your sales. And thats it. Happy earnings.
Rastafarian

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:12:00 AM

If you want to know your profit, just take away your principal from the money you have accumulated so far. Note that you can get a plus or a minus representing profit and loss respectively.
Abolaji11

Activity: 352

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 04:51:07 PM

This is a simple arithmetic. But since you have posted it under economy,  then let play with it. You remember from elementary Math that profit/loss =selling price - costprice.  If your entry cost(buy) is lower than your exist cost (sell), then you have make a profit. But these days, app like blockfolio can calculate your profit /loss for you once you input your entry cost in the app, the app will show the percent increase or decrease till the day you want to sell.
otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:12:36 PM

If you want to know your profit, just take away your principal from the money you have accumulated so far. Note that you can get a plus or a minus representing profit and loss respectively.
it is actually very easy to be able to see or to be able to get a calculation of the benefits we will get, just like today we can get big profits
Rashid555

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 05:43:37 PM

It is very easy i do it by subtracting buying price from selling price then the remaining is profit and when you have a complex portfolio you can judge it through excel formulas on daily basis last year i have checked my profit every time but now the price is not showing a progress so there is no need to do any calculation for profit while if market rise again we can calculate profit.

BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:03:35 PM

If you sell again from the price you buy, you will have no profit margins. Contrary to the profit margin, you'll also be hurting because of the transaction commissions you pay, because it takes commissions for every transaction on the market. On the other hand, according to the process you have done that price does not rise, the starting point has come. For that reason, as I said, theoretically you do not make any profit or loss, but in real terms, you will pay a small amount of commission to pay a small amount of loss. All events and calculations are as simple as that.
Globalbitcoinl

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:17:44 AM

if the price is in one place, then what are you going to earn? I'm confused. so reformulate the question
margaret22

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:28:34 AM

If you buy, and sell with the same Bitcoin price, I would say you will have negative profit, because you also have to pay some fee, in the exchanges, or whenever you buy / sell cryptocurrencies for Fiat.

dongyi17

Activity: 616

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:48:52 AM

calculating profit is like counting the chick when it didn't hatched yet, its hard to calculate profit when it didn't happen yet, but you can approximate the outcome... but still it depends on the value of coins given to you and the price value of the bitcoin in the market..

kaventt5

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 03:18:49 PM

In order to get profit, you must sell at a price higher than the one you bought at. So, when you buy and sell at the same price it is obviously won’t give you any profit. Furthermore, you'll lose money on paying transaction fees. In general, the profit calculation is based on the price growth of the currency and the size of your investment. Let's say, the price is $10,000 and you put $100 – if the price goes up to $10,400, your profit will be $4. There is nothing difficult in it, successful trading just requires more experience.
wingsthegreat21

Activity: 87

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 06:13:16 PM

Basically a person can invest for short term and for long term but we have to choose currency which is favorable in these days and depending on the situation or call. Mostly different currencies like the Altcoin, Litecoin and Neo are better for short term investment while the Bitcoin and Ethereum being valuable coins are favorable for long term investments so I would say that after successful investment all the money is yours to keep and then you know better how to calculate the profit and you can enjoy life.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: