Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:51:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IF blockchain fails, what could replace it then?  (Read 767 times)
NoviceInvestor

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:47:11 PM

Although of course it seems unlikely, all good things must come to an end and someday, in the distant future, the blockchain technology will fail. When it happens, what could replace it? Is there anything out there that functions similarly and just as good and reliable as blockchain? More importantly, if nothing replaces it, what will happen to cryptocurrencies then? Any ideas?

Blockchain isn't going anywhere. It's a fundamental technology and will continue to be developed and refined.

Whether individual coins will continue or fail and be replaced is another question.
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:52:20 PM

Another technology will take its place, in case blockchain fails means that it was not as good as we thought, and did not call the interest of enough people, sure enough already in development we have some technology for transfers and development, which we have not yet heard, and is waiting for his opportunity to shine.

Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 06:12:46 PM

Block-chain is not important, it's just a rehash of something BitTorrent was using long before Bitcoin came along so stop acting like parrots in
repeating something few of you here really understand unless you want to talk about double ended link list with me.

A digital coin of some type that will scale to billions of micro transactions per hour and not just nine per second like on-block
BTC transactions is whats coming (like it or not) but it's not for the benefit of mere humans and is a fundamental requirement for
"The internet of things" and machine to machine (M2M) transactions but the big one is AGI and you should not confuse this with AI
because as a programmer this AGI scares the shit out of me and it's moving much faster towards us every time I look at it.

Did you know that not only can a machine play and win 100 grand chess master at chess and win them all at the same time but AGI can take
ten lawyers on who are all working as a team in court and still manage to win trial test cases !

When the machine says jump, jump will you because this is where we are heading and it won't take twenty years but more like five and
remember that no one asked you if you liked the new rules of the game.

See DTube if you want to see how only those with digital coins will have a say on the internet of tomorrow and then guess what will happen
when bits of software own all the coins and see robots become citizens, sorry already happened, Hi Sophia

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Serious Miner

Activity: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 06:37:29 PM

First of all, there is no sign have seen yet to happen what you said. As crypto users and the different organization wants this amazing technology so there is no logical way to think blockchain will fail rather than it will exist in order to meet people's demand. From my point of view, we should not think alternative one instead of the blockchain.
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 07:00:48 PM

Technically speaking, when talking about something that is revolutionary like the 'Blockchain' tech, we couldn't say that will have an end in the future. Such a technology will be in a consistent development. It makes the world more connected and solves tremendous problems related to trust, the speed of transactions, ...etc.

rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 07:48:58 PM

Blockchain technology is disruptive and revolutionary and in my opinion it will increasingly be used by all types of industry, mainly because it is able to provide transparency, security and trust in transactions.
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:05:41 PM

maybe DAG like BlockLattice by Nano
it's more efficient than Blockchain
but who know just IMO

Myfe

Activity: 476
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 10:11:33 PM

Yes...if bitcoin fails today,

The OP isn't asking about if bitcoin fails, s/he is asking about if blockchain fails.

There is no replacement for blockchain technology today. Your question is as mind blowing as saying "if the internet failed" what could replace it? The answer is nothing. But the only way for blockchain to fail is if people stopped using it. Blockchain is an infrastructure...like roads or a highway. It exists. It can't fail. It can only not be used.

yazher

Activity: 2198
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:16:18 PM

As long as people are willing to invest on the block chain technology there is no chance for it to fail and it would be upgraded time after time. I think it would be upgraded on the different name too when the people want some innovation from it. off course we have also the crypto currencies supporting it all the time for the block chain to be success.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:27:17 PM

If the blockchain fails then we will all have to live with a centralised financial system. However, crypto is too big to fail now, we even have countries like venezuela depending on it. Soon others will follow and crypto will get bigger

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
Transformbitz

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:59:37 PM

We are currently adopting the tech behind of all cryptos which is blockchain and what gives the benefit of this technology in our society? Well we need to have a secure network, decentralized process and transparent transaction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:04:47 PM

I fully expect there to be something better eventually. The things that make blockchains appealing are immutability and decentralisation. As it stands you pay a heavy price for that in terms of inefficiency and expense. There must be a better way and one day it'll be revealed. I don't think that'll means the death of the existing ledgers. I expect there'll be an orderly migration across to better systems. By that point there'll be untold amounts of valuable information that needs maintaining.
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:15:06 PM

In what terms that blockchain fails us? Well, in 9 years of bitcoin existing, there is no problem dealing with blockchain technology. As a matter of fact, it is used by many companies around the world by now. If blockchain technology will fail to give us decentralization then it fades long time ago. But because of its good usage in our society, it becomes the trend.

kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 12:09:39 AM

maybe blockchain will changed by the other system that will have more good system and more good benefit. maybe blockchain will obsolete and will changed with other system

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 01:12:30 AM

And you came up with this thesis how?? That is an opinion first of all, and one I belive is a bit foolish.  The blockchain is a program, and therefore it is programmable.  For instance Forks, installation of SegWit and the Ligtning Network.  The blockchain can me reworked over and over and will only become more effecient with time.  To simply say "all good things must come to an end" is really a missinformed statement.  You didn't provide any solid material for your predictions here other than that opion.
DomainTorrent

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:02:36 AM

Although of course it seems unlikely, all good things must come to an end and someday, in the distant future, the blockchain technology will fail. When it happens, what could replace it? Is there anything out there that functions similarly and just as good and reliable as blockchain? More importantly, if nothing replaces it, what will happen to cryptocurrencies then? Any ideas?

Probably a powerful human microchip implant capable of transmitting and receiving signals wherever you are connected to a central monetary database controlled by the government.
kATETom

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:41:35 AM

Yes...if bitcoin fails today, lots of lot's altcoin are ready to replace bitcoin. To mention few as to me is Ripple, ETN, etc. If one should check this altcoins, lot's of improvement has made and measures has been taken to replace bitcoin in the market if need be though it will look difficult and impossible.
Maybe you're wrong. the question is if the blockchain fail, not bitcoin fail???
dunkerey

Activity: 31

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:01:45 AM

I strongly believe that at that time there is no technology can replace blockchain.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 06:04:58 AM

why should it fail when it is growing stronger every day?
bitcoin is being developed and improved on consistent basis and on the other side of the market among altcoins despite all the shitcoins that have taken up the top ranks, you can still see improvements of the technology with interesting projects although they don't thrive because of pump and dump altcoins on top.
and don't forget that the technology is new and is advancing so it can not fail. it is like asking what will replace the telephone when Bell first created the first one!

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 07:37:26 AM

Not all things come to a horrible ending, I don't think Blockchain will fail either, In my mind I am thinking of Blockchain in the future but with an improved overall, they'll probably team up with some big companies and when this happens, I think Blockchain is going to be bigger and better and most especially stronger that what it is right now.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: