Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:40:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 5 Concerns About Bitcoin ?  (Read 19185 times)
kelz1
Copper Member

Activity: 140
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 07:41:24 AM

scammers and hackers are plaguing the blockchain and scaring off potential investors. Volatility can render a coin worthless within days, and regulation could ban it altogether

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
sandra_x

Activity: 574
Merit: 14

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2019, 07:53:45 AM

1. Wall Streets taking over bitcoin and turning it into some kind of monstrous assets, pushing it far away from the reach of retail users.
2. Movement of bitcoin from any of the wallets tagged as 'Satishi bitcoins'
3.Whales calling the shots on bitcoins
4. Discovery of some kind of super bug that could affect the bitcoint client critically
5.  Stiffer governments restrictions on a global scale, making its convention to fiats much more difficult
Daboy_Lyle

Activity: 532
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 02:11:35 PM

There are a lot of things to be concern in the existence of the cryptocurrency.  Everyone's number 1 concern is the price where in we can't predict it because its unstability. Price fall down and rise up without any warnings or notifications. Bitcoin is the leading coin in every exchanges that is why we should and it should be prioritized.
kucritt

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 02:43:32 PM

the hacking possibility, we know that bitcoin is secure, but we know too about the technologies that increase their capability day by day, and maybe in the future bitcoin can be hacked easily, like hacking the blockchain is a easy task.

Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 02:45:10 PM

Just like to ask everyone out there. What are your top 5 Concerns regarding more less Cryptocurrency?

Here's my top 5 concern:
  • Hackers
  • Forgetting about the password of a wallet
  • SCAMS
  • Wrong address in sending money
  • Volatility

What would be your main concerns and thoughts about cryptocurrency?
The most concerning part of cryptocurrency at this time. Well, the instability of the market itself. I guess that the state of the market right now is really not great for trading right now especially day trading. I guess that this is just an obstacle for bitcoin to pass just like what it did many years ago.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 03:52:25 PM

The possibility of being hacked of course I do not know how hackers are doing it but I have read some news that they actually are doing  Huh
I think offline saving money like a bank even has the opportunity to be stolen, the news is more much about theft of money in the bank and many modes of stealing in ATM or bank. I think the risk is even lower in cryptocurrency, you are independent man and you can maximize the security with your own efforts
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 04:04:47 PM

Just like to ask everyone out there. What are your top 5 Concerns regarding more less Cryptocurrency? not just Bitcoin in General. But more in the whole area of Cryptocurrency?

This could from regulation? Adoption? uses?

What would be your main concerns and thoughts about cryptocurrency?

The challenges I've noticed with Cryptocurrency as a whole are:
1. Inadequate security on wallets and exchanges: A friend of mine got his stellar wallet hacked and lost over 60,000XLM within.
2. Huge amount of energy consumed while mining some cryprocurrency, though some bug miners have adopted Solar energy an alternative but not all miners can afford it.
3. High volatility often experienced in the market

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 03:18:19 AM

I just concern  about the number  of total crypto users. If  the community keep growing ,the future is good.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 03:29:12 AM

I just concern  about the number  of total crypto users. If  the community keep growing ,the future is good.

how can you say ? Community such as forum dont really have a big impact on the price but they may only help a little because most forum memebers are also crypto users  .  there is a huge number of population outside the forum and we can only attract them if we spread awareness thru offline campaigns or by using the media .

These kind of concern has been discussed many times but until know there is no known action pertaining on this issue . 
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 03:47:15 AM

You got to keep your wallet's security top notch, once someone takes hold of it there is no going back unlike banks where you can ask for support.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
AmyBrown

Activity: 9
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 03:10:08 PM

The way it will be adapted by the mainstream. As in, will it be accepted and understood or will it forever remain more or less “underground”. Also, the security of Bitcoin itself. I still wonder about how easy or difficult it really would be to hack the accounts.
Mrsparks

Activity: 406
Merit: 5

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2019, 04:10:36 PM

My concern are
1. The dominance of bitcoin over the remaining altcoins is worrisome.. Irregardless of some having better usecase
2. The rate of failed projects in the crypto space is becoming too much and a deterrent to investors
3. When are we finally going to meet satoshi? Lol
4. It's been 10 years plus and the crypto space has not attained maturity in its response to Fake news and pumps.
5. Quantum technology is by the corner and no one is talking of how to fortify the biggest crypto in the land "Bitcoin" from the imminent threat

[     I C A      |      icacoin.com      |      IEO is live on Sept 2019     ]
━ ━━━   The Revolution of Digital Advertising   ━━━ ━
bitcoinearly

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 05:12:00 PM

Top 5 concerns:

1. Quantum attacks on bitcoin
2. Block size growth
3. Bitcoins dependency on the internet
4. World Government launching its own bitcoin
5. a better "bitcoin"
odeskpawan

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:27:45 AM

There is no denying that Bitcoin has come a long way since its inception. Its meteoric rise and fall in prices have garnered lots of attentions from everyone, be it traders, investors, entrepreneurs, and even scammers.
The scammers leverage phishing, some pump and dump schemes, and aim them at inflating coin prices. Not only this, here are five concerns about Bitcoin that you need to know about:
•   Cybertheft
•   Volatility and ever-fluctuation market
•   Less or no regulations
•   Block withholding
•   Tax issues

Bit_gamecoin
Copper Member

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:55:03 AM

In my opinion the top 5 concerns we should have about bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general would be the following...

• #1.  The fact that the technology is in its infancy and is still very complicated to use.  The wallets are not user friendly for the average user, I personally know quite a few people that have lost a lot of bitcoin simply due to user error and not understanding how wallets work.
  • #2.   Having no central authority also causes issues for new users that do not yet understand that if they lose their password and/or their pass phrase they lose their coins. They are so used to having a central authority when it comes to managing their online money. 
  • #3.   How easy it is to scam people using this technology is a concern, even novice users are easily scammed simply because once the coins are sent they are gone for ever.  No way to get them back, and anyone in the world can accept crypto payments.  The same thing that makes it great is also what can cause concerns.
  • #4.    How easy it is to clone and create forks or alt coins, it's a good thing but it's also a concern because the market becomes saturated with different useless coins that dilute our markets. 
  • #5.    The biggest concern for me is government intervention and how much they want to get involved and all the rules and regulations they want to put in place on the system that is supposed to eliminate those exact governance issues/problems.
Syakbrown

Activity: 354
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 07:27:40 PM

this is because they are not used to it,for the time being, people's concerns are about the very fluactive prices going down and rising so that it is difficult to predict, and this is a problem that can block in an effort to replace fiat with bitcoin as the world's major
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 07:35:38 PM

There is no denying that Bitcoin has come a long way since its inception. Its meteoric rise and fall in prices have garnered lots of attentions from everyone, be it traders, investors, entrepreneurs, and even scammers.
The scammers leverage phishing, some pump and dump schemes, and aim them at inflating coin prices. Not only this, here are five concerns about Bitcoin that you need to know about:
•   Cybertheft
•   Volatility and ever-fluctuation market
•   Less or no regulations
•   Block withholding
•   Tax issues

I think there is no one valid point in your discussion because all what you said has positive side according to me, as you know volatility is good for us if crypto currency is volatile we can take advantage for using it as investment to buy at low price and then holding it for profit, fluctuation is really common if price shakes we can make more profit.
maianh09

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 07:37:43 PM

The possibility of being hacked of course I do not know how hackers are doing it but I have read some news that they actually are doing  Huh
Hackers are like us who care about money so what's valuable attracts us. Everything is not absolute, so hackers look for vulnerabilities every day and steal them from other users.
xWolfx

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

Donating 10% to charity

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 12:43:59 AM

The possibility of being hacked of course I do not know how hackers are doing it but I have read some news that they actually are doing  Huh
Hackers are like us who care about money so what's valuable attracts us. Everything is not absolute, so hackers look for vulnerabilities every day and steal them from other users.

Well it's truth, not caring about money in the current society can lead to disastrous consequences, you end up being vulnerable to the will of others. If those others are benevolent and want to help you, sure that is cool and great but what if they are the exact opposite and want to hurt you for saying the truth for example?. I have a lot of tales i will probably talk about when the right day comes.

Now what about benevolent people defending you from the others?. That is precisely what Bitcoin is passing through and it certainly can make a huge difference when it comes to the actual future. Why? Because it will have time to mature and the whole human kind will benefit from that, directly or indirectly - anywhere in the world.
denzkilim

Activity: 1218
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 12:59:44 AM

Most people use bitcoin as an investment, even some people don't understand the technology behind bitcoin. The main problem with bitcoin is scalability, this also happens to BCH networks and the solution is hardfork. Another problem is the regulation that varies from country to country. I think that is the main problem, while other problems can be overcome by strengthening communities and building extensive networks.
That's true and I don't think that it is clever to use it as a currency for payment because of its volatility nature that the price fluctuates without any notice. Regulations on countries are some kind of minor issues because the majority of the countries are accepting Bitcoin and only a few countries are doing the opposite.

None! Cryptocurrencies give me a raging hard-on. Bitcoin in general makes me shoot cum balls 30 feet.

Why is it always “concerns” about bitcoin? Why not, what do you love best about bitcoin?
LOL, Grin I think people nowadays love "problems" more than the state of being happy if you know what I mean. Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: