Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:28:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Insuring the crypto assets. Is it possible?  (Read 895 times)
itsik78

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 04:38:50 PM

the question of who should be involved in the insurance of crypto-assets, still remains open. On the one hand, insurance companies should take part in the formation and evaluation of cryptocurrencies, and on the other hand, companies that are directly involved in the crypto-industry own the greatest expert base for risk assessment. The ideal solution would be the joint cooperation of the first and second

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 05:30:45 PM

Don't think it is possible because any insurance company will accept the risk involved in crypto investments and make up for the losses because the prices can literally even go to zero so if everyone insured their crytpo means how they can get their f=refund from nothing.
Reinsurer

Activity: 81
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 02:44:48 PM

Don't think it is possible because any insurance company will accept the risk involved in crypto investments and make up for the losses because the prices can literally even go to zero so if everyone insured their crytpo means how they can get their f=refund from nothing.

If you have sum insured in bitcoin equivalent and insurance company pays losses in bitcoin it makes no difference how much BTC cost. All fiat\crypto risks are from another story. It makes things simple - you loose crypto, you get crypto.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:14:37 PM

You could probably find insurance for crypto if your talking about theft.  Dropping prices is a completely different ball game.

I've heard of celebrities insuring their body parts for millions and many other ridiculous things, if the price is right an insurance company won't turn you down.  They love easy money.
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 03:39:21 PM

Insuring of things that are very easy to ensure most time the insurance company fail. Let me be frank with you anyone that promise you that if you insured your bitcoin when it was $15000 when the price falls to $4000 He or She will paid your $15000 anytime you need it or in an agreed time will definitely disappoint you. Invest in crypto at your own risk.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:17:52 AM

if like that, I think insurance companies are ready with the risk of cryptographic price fluctuations,

or i think! insurance companies sell crypto when the insurance user pays it with cryptocurrenc.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:37:28 AM

Well, how much you lost on the "Bitcoin's Black Friday"?
Thousands of dollars.  Undecided

But it can recover and would get better once the market starts to get into the bull so I'm worried with that lost. I even made that much before with the last bull.

I decided to hodl since the middle of the year, was pretty tired of following this rigmarole. Now I'm sad to see the current rates.
I heard there's kinda insurance schemes for saving your assets, does anyone know more? Like everyone else, I'm waiting for Christmas gifts, but I already wanna get some cushion from these adventures.
You want to insure to avoid such losses when the market changes its price? I'm not sure if there will be a company that's willing to take risk for this type of scheme, if there's a company willing to do that, many will take advantage of it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
UNOE

Activity: 791
Merit: 271

This is personal

View Profile
December 02, 2018, 12:47:10 AM

It is hard to predict something in this market, but you should be prepared for market in case if it will go to down side with fiat or stable coins to buy more at lower prices.
Do not look your loses as permanent loss, market will recover one day and these loses will be little compared to future profits.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1219

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2018, 08:49:39 AM

Do you even understand the risk that you have to take by allowing some 3rd party to take care of your assets while you sit around doing nothing? People need to become more aware and alert about these risks. One should never ever reveal their holding to a 3rd party. Who knows when someone is going to pull the plug and go to the darkside along with all your precious coins?

There does not exist any such "insurance" company. Even if they did I would never put my coins in there. Cant you all see the similarity of banks with this? They may entice you to use their service to receive 5% pa interest but then again thats basically like the bank. Wake up!!

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
TycheChi

Activity: 37
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2018, 12:48:15 PM

You can reduce your own risks by ensuring you consistently adhere to good security protocol.

Use strong passwords
Use computers that are clean of malware with current reputable antivirus
Store your HODL stash in cold wallets or a Trezor
Don't keep crypto on exchanges unless trading with it.
Always use dynamic 2FA wherever you can.
Don't tie your email address to your cellphone number.
Txt is insecure and phone jacking is a real threat.

For loss due to market fluctuations.

You can short and long positions to hedge your risk.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: