Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:00:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCOIN FOR ANY MATERIAL COMMODITY  (Read 211 times)
Goodvalony (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 08:12:14 PM

Hello Community.
I know we are promoting a decentralized financial system here trying to create a decent world for the next generation. So i wish to ask. what will be the first place,something or even a gift that you will spend your bitcoins on?  i used some of  my bitcoin to trade for a wonderful,nice,sweet,Wrist watch. it was the first time i bought something with a bitcoin. it was amazing getting the watch. it only cost me 0.003btc from China plus free shipping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinnation
Copper Member

Activity: 98

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 10:00:46 PM

I would gladly make a purchase of many hardware wallets using Bitcoin and sell some off them off later. Btw it baffles me sometimes to find a legitimate online shop selling crypto related items and yet there is no payment option in form of crypto. All use see are PayPal and other bank transfer payment options
Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
November 24, 2018, 11:05:38 PM

Starting up a thread where we would discuss what we purchased with bitcoin is quite redundant and unimportant you are free to purchase what you want with your bitcoin as long as its within the law a thread should not be made about it

Just imagine a thread about what we purchased with our local currency.

Threads(post count completion post)  such as this dont hold any atom of relevancy and should be frowned upon
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 02:51:11 AM

I would gladly make a purchase of many hardware wallets using Bitcoin and sell some off them off later. Btw it baffles me sometimes to find a legitimate online shop selling crypto related items and yet there is no payment option in form of crypto. All use see are PayPal and other bank transfer payment options

I guess , they are afraid of volatility.  Bitcoin swinging 10% to downside will hamper their profit. (you can say it can go up 10% too but when we start business we like to have well defined sustainability and profit model) i.e one of reason I guess.

Second, we are all used to current system, it will take time to adopt or start a new system.

I am alive
Summation

Activity: 210
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:02:14 AM

I guess , they are afraid of volatility.  Bitcoin swinging 10% to downside will hamper their profit. (you can say it can go up 10% too but when we start business we like to have well defined sustainability and profit model) i.e one of reason I guess.

Second, we are all used to current system, it will take time to adopt or start a new system.

You are right. For a merchant, it needs a stable business model that can predict his costs and benefits, and the huge volatility of Bitcoin will make its budget meaningless, and its profitability will depend more on Bitcoin's rise than on selling goods to earn a difference. This is a situation that every merchant is not willing to see.
If I am a merchant, I will accept crypto payments, but only choose those that are stable.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Gloverwrt

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 06:12:21 AM

They can make use of payment processors, which is linked to an exchange and would immediately convert bitcoins to cash. This does nothing as it doesn't increase adoption or circulation. But it provides an option for Bitcoin holders to make purchases in their cherished digital currency.
Dreamace7

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

: ”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 06:34:02 AM

Bitcoin the spread so fast and that's means it's fast becoming acceptable to purchase commodity and trades between cryptocurrency enthusiast well I have once purchased a laptop with bitcoin

https://bidooh.io/ ▸▸  Decentralized Digital Billboards
Backed by OKEx & Director of Manchester United    ●●
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 06:58:28 AM

They can make use of payment processors, which is linked to an exchange and would immediately convert bitcoins to cash. This does nothing as it doesn't increase adoption or circulation. But it provides an option for Bitcoin holders to make purchases in their cherished digital currency.

It did increase adoption and circulation. Payment processors, while maybe not ideal to educate them and spread the message of sound money like Bitcoin, helps people to know that there is an alternative way to pay for something. But yeah, it might only help very little as the majority of people have probably know about Bitcoin nowadays.
Petr Kraev

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 03:22:14 PM

I read, that Hublot has made special edition watch, that can be purchased only with BITCOIN. This edition was in honor of bitcoin anniversary. I believe that i would spent my budget for this
BayAngelo

Activity: 882
Merit: 17

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:04:53 PM

Starting up a thread where we would discuss what we purchased with bitcoin is quite redundant and unimportant you are free to purchase what you want with your bitcoin as long as its within the law a thread should not be made about it

Just imagine a thread about what we purchased with our local currency.

Threads(post count completion post)  such as this dont hold any atom of relevancy and should be frowned upon

you are free to HODL your bitcoins if you don't want to spend it.this thread is for Beginners & help.why not do yourself a favour by checking other threads to put your comment instead of deluding yourself. what is the benefits of earning without spending. why Not share with the community what you do with your Earned bitcoin. i think you are been affected by the bull market.

Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 05:09:10 PM

I regularly purchase VPS services using bitcoin whenever it is an option.
Bitcoin is widely used as a LG investment and considering the current dip in just about a fortnight, it's no surprise merchants are reluctant to accept bitcoin and are quick to convert it to fiat when they do accept it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Goodvalony (OP)

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:12:56 PM

I will say that this community was created to share and discuss Ideas relating to cryptocurrencies. it is quite clear that we all have our own ideas and different facts on how this New technology will take shape. it is clear that we all are entitled to our opinion and with this forum in place to regulate what happens Here. we should try as much as possible to avoid envy,controversies, and other non nonchalant attitudes that might lead to breaking the rules governing this forum.
Thank you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: