Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Imagination Machine (1979) : The Untold Story Of A Black Video Game Pioneer  (Read 130 times)
Real_Person (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 27

Smarter Contracts: "Quietly Making Noise"

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:47:08 AM

I love to learn and tonight I just discovered something cool and "retro".

It was a tough life, but he tried his best to steer his own fate. At age 13, Smith recalls waking up to a commotion, his sisters and brothers crying. In another room, he found his mother on the floor, his father pummeling her with fierce blows. Smith tried to pull his dad off, but the elder Smith knocked him unconscious. When the teen came to, he grabbed a frying pan from the kitchen and knocked his father out. “I dragged him out of the house and locked the door,” recalls Smith. “That was the last time my father ever came into our home.”

The Imagination Machine debuted to the press at the 1979 Summer Consumer Electronics Show in Chicago with the clever name thought up by Howard Boilen (brother of Kenneth) and another APF employee named Gary Sharp. APF’s marketing materials emphasized the Imagination Machine’s potential as a creative tool for music, art, language, education, and programming.

Ed Smith And The Imagination Machine: The Untold Story Of A Black Video Game Pioneer
https://www.fastcompany.com/3063298/ed-smith-and-the-imagination-machine-the-untold-story-of-a-black-vid

`````
I love to learn do you?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: