Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:42:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase Slow  (Read 908 times)
plogank (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:50:07 AM

Why do you suppose it took Coinbase around 3 hours to actually transfer my coins after they said they had? Normally its instantaneous.

If you like this post a donation would be nice....  1PhCzA9o1jcwHr7PR4mxea8nJYUJWpKAGb

Besides, It'll drive me crazy trying to figure where it came from.
likeflint

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:58:33 AM

Transfers are generally slow in Coinbase. I'm not sure if it has something to do with all of their security features, but that's normal. On the transactions page don't click to learn more button, click the view advanced details button and you can see where your transaction is at. In my experience the first confirmation usually doesn't take place until an hour after I enter the withdrawal. It has taken as long as three hours for me too, it's just sort of the way Coinbase works. Another possibility is that the coins aer being held in a cold wallet and it takes some time to make them hot so that you can withdraw them
plogank (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:01:39 AM

Thanks for your input.

For me, every time I've used Coinbase and made a BTC withdrawal it has immediately appeared in my wallet.  This time about 3 hours. Admittedly, I don't use it that often. Just when I want to make a transaction. That way I replenish what I used.

Another thought, I made this transfer late at night. Perhaps they don't keep as much on hand during that time.  Who knows?

If you like this post a donation would be nice....  1PhCzA9o1jcwHr7PR4mxea8nJYUJWpKAGb

Besides, It'll drive me crazy trying to figure where it came from.
trustnobody

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:43:32 AM

Yes I had quite the same situation and also noticed that during night time it was a bit slow, don't worry
PerrythePlatypus

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:47:20 AM

Thanks for your input.

For me, every time I've used Coinbase and made a BTC withdrawal it has immediately appeared in my wallet.  This time about 3 hours. Admittedly, I don't use it that often. Just when I want to make a transaction. That way I replenish what I used.

Another thought, I made this transfer late at night. Perhaps they don't keep as much on hand during that time.  Who knows?
I used to have nearly every transaction taking up to 24-48 hours. They will eventually cancel. Fixed now though, only have it occasionally. Use it because it have no transaction fees.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: