Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:53:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Nigeria’s presidential Candidate Promises Cryptocurrency Regulation if elected  (Read 301 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4175

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2018, 02:48:41 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2019, 09:56:32 PM by CryptopreneurBrainboss
Merited by BitcSeo (5), Upgate (1)

Cryptocurrency is making waves in Africa and Nigeria is one of those countries benefiting indirectly as a result of the regulatory body led by Central Bank of Nigeria strongly against the concept bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general. Nigerians suffered a lot of losses as a result of ponzi related businesses as citizens turned to earn a living as the current government of the nation has failed in their promise during their 2015 campaign to better the nations economy. A new Presidential election is coming up February 2019 and the opposition who were the formal ruling party has turned to cryptocurrency for help. News are spreading all over the country that
Atiku Abubakar, the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)-  the country’s largest opposition party – has included the creation of a “comprehensive blockchain and digital currency policy” in his policy document.
he also said his government will support blockchain and cryptocurrency if he is elected as president in 2019. The Nigerian government has always been known for their promise and fail style of ruling but do you think things will be different this time around if the opposition party wins the 2019 election or this is just one of their plans in getting the blockchain enthusiasts votes?

Note: If Nigeria government shows their support for blockchain related projects and cryptocurrency, it will be a huge deal as other African countries will follow in their full steps especially the ECOWAS (The Economic Community of West African States) countries.

To read more about this information: click here and here

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Babi Ngetot

Activity: 57
Merit: 1

#bitcoin

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 12:06:44 AM

he also said his government will support blockchain and cryptocurrency if he is elected as president in 2019. The Nigerian government has always been known for their promise and fail style of ruling but do you think things will be different this time around if the opposition party wins the 2019 election or this is just one of their plans in getting the blockchain enthusiasts votes?

Note: If Nigeria government shows their support for blockchain related projects and cryptocurrency, it will be a huge deal as other African countries will follow in their full steps especially the ECOWAS (The Economic Community of West African States) countries.
I am not a person from an African countries but as we now know many ICOs reject ppl from African countries,  and  Atiku Abubakar maybe will getting 75-90% the blockchain enthusiasts votes.

Blockchain technology coming from community and for the benefit of community without any third party or government and if the government accepts it is not a big problem. Smiley

waspada fee ethereum dapat membunuhmu !
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 02:25:51 AM

Note: If Nigeria government shows their support for blockchain related projects and cryptocurrency, it will be a huge deal as other African countries will follow in their full steps...

Yes, this is big.
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 04:54:29 AM

Excited to see the crypto avatar of "I am an African prince and need to move my money".

Nigerian prince jokes aside, lot of politicians have taken to promises of blockchain in developing countries. Countries like Nigeria have a young, tech-savvy population comfortable with smartphones, apps, coding, web development and have access to the latest generation, high speed networks. There are also several problems that need entrepreneurs for solutions at the local level.

ICO based Bitcoin-funding helping these entrepreneurs to raise enough money and run profitable businesses while solving the problems their governments won't, was the original vision that excited me when i first heard of ICOs. Well, I was naive to ignore that people prefer scamming than solving problems  Cheesy but well, with regulation, I think there is still hope.
ATMD

Activity: 70
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2018, 07:50:44 AM

It just shows you how popular and powerful cryptocurrency is that it is being used as part of a political campaign to win elections

BitcSeo

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 05, 2019, 01:53:25 PM

@CryptopreneurBrainboss, hello, i gave you 5 merit for this but, honestly as a Nigerian who has been in europe for the past 18 year's+ do you think a country like NIgeria is prepared for such move?

Well, my anwser is NO!

why? i will agree with you if, we are talking about countries like Spain,france,Germany or even our neigbouring country (South Africa) just to mention a few. A country with so many instability (no stable power supply,no good transportation system..ecc) suddenly wants to jump in to embrace crypt-to-currency.

Did you know the commitment involve in handling such task. Yes, there might be some positive impact when compared to the current currency.

But, the possibilities and management of such task will pose great challenges which i think the country is not prepare to handle.

Finally, from the look on the face (Atiku), he does not look convincing as someone that could save an airline heading into the deep!

Nigerian need a constructive leader Like Dr.Nnandi Ezikiwe! Not another politicial who are out to play gamble.
How much is the exchange rate of Naira-to- dollar b/w the first leadership of Buhari and how much the current exchange rate of Naira-dollar now?

Thanks

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 02:22:12 PM

Seeing a 3rd world nation try to regulate cryptocurrency is going to be hilarious.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 08:30:58 PM

his regulation will be:

he and his family and his close friends will get a license all others work for their money

Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 12:03:51 PM

Well this was a Good platform for his running  as president of africa. Maybe this is the key for the succession of the african citizen and country. And im sure most of the blockchain investors and fan will agree and vote him because of his platform to make a difference in every people most likely on the africans.  But much better if he start to prove on the african citizens what blockchains can do and how blockchain can help them.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 01:05:08 PM

The most important thing to see in any regulation is, regulation is NOT regulation of some item, service, project, cryptocurrency, government, etc. Regulation is always regulation of people. If the regulation is good, people will like it. If it isn't, people won't. The trick is understanding if the regulation will be good before it is set in place.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 4175

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2019, 02:30:20 PM

Seeing a 3rd world nation try to regulate cryptocurrency is going to be hilarious.

We might just shock the world. Lets see how it plays out.

@CryptopreneurBrainboss, hello, i gave you 5 merit for this

Thanks mate I appreciate. You just move me closer to achieving one of my 2019 goals
MY 2019 GOALS
  • To achieve Full member rank

Nigerian need a constructive leader Like Dr.Nnandi Ezikiwe! Not another politicial who are out to play gamble.

You're right, we need a constructive, business minded politician and most of them can be found in the igbo speaking states. I'm a strong support of an igbo president believing only them can save Nigeria.

How much is the exchange rate of Naira-to- dollar b/w the first leadership of Buhari and how much the current exchange rate of Naira-dollar now?[/glow]

In 2015 when he began his leadership the rate of dollar was $1 = ~ N190 and now 2019 $1= ~ N360

Nigerians are the 7th most traders of bitcoin as seen in the image below, that's just to tell you how popular cryptocurrency are in the nation.  If Atiku wins and keep to his words then the government will regulate cryptocurrency making it conducive for business owners to operate with them.  That's all we ask for now because currently anyone caught operating via bitcoin can lose access to his fund in the bank. Which is killing the adoption of the currency in the country.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Yeahpro

Activity: 72
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:26:25 AM

This is a progressive suggestion ans shows intent to embrace the digital technology.
The blockchain industry is ripe for implementation and utility. And it has made significant progress into Nigeria amd other developing nations.

Corrupt officials would be averse to it's implementation as it's transparent and data saved can not be manipulated. This is where the exposure of the populace is necessary, and their leverage on democracy.
BitcSeo

Activity: 1009
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 08:34:12 PM

We might just shock the world. Lets see how it plays out.

@CryptopreneurBrainboss, hello, i gave you 5 merit for this

Thanks mate I appreciate. You just move me closer to achieving one of my 2019 goals
MY 2019 GOALS
  • To achieve Full member rank

You're right, we need a constructive, business minded politician and most of them can be found in the igbo speaking states. I'm a strong support of an igbo president believing only them can save Nigeria.

How much is the exchange rate of Naira-to- dollar b/w the first leadership of Buhari and how much the current exchange rate of Naira-dollar now?[/glow]

In 2015 when he began his leadership the rate of dollar was $1 = ~ N190 and now 2019 $1= ~ N360

Nigerians are the 7th most traders of bitcoin as seen in the image below, that's just to tell you how popular cryptocurrency are in the nation.  If Atiku wins and keep to his words then the government will regulate cryptocurrency making it conducive for business owners to operate with them.  That's all we ask for now because currently anyone caught operating via bitcoin can lose access to his fund in the bank. Which is killing the adoption of the currency in the country.

@CryptopreneurBrainboss , thanks for sharing this useful information's with statistic's of global crypto trading. i never expected Nigeria to be within the 7th position . there was a time when i wanted to connect with few trader's on lbc in regard's to a specific project but, i later change my mind.

Well, that is quite impresive considering the level of hardship in Africa (Nigeria) any intelligent person will not hesitate to try something new. I think this will be a kind of motivation however, they still need to be educated about the risk,gain in the world of crypto-currency.

Thanks

S🌏larplaNET  Rome🗺 🗺
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: