Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:41:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Importance of Emotions - Stay Away from Social Media  (Read 247 times)
Vangar (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 08:17:46 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2018, 09:02:49 AM by Vangar

Dear all,

it seems industry went crazy (and still goes) over the recent dips in value that bitcoin experiences. I understand that such a drop can render anyone down to an emotional breakdown, I would still implore you to keep calm! It is nothing new in this industry, as many bears occurred in history. There are so many toxic posts now that might push people to sell everything way too early. I suggest (much like when political voting was in question) to stay away from social media and do your own TA and FA.
For traders - use leverages on small price changes to cut losses as much as possible.
For HODLers - price WILL go up in the future. Suffice to say that prediction is hard at this point and "moon" is a very subjective term right now, but it will go back to $7.000 level in my opinion. I do not think $20.000 is realistic, even in 2019, but you can be sure bitcoin won't disappear just like that anytime soon.
However, I am sorry for people losing their money over this trend Sad(( I hope no one got hurt but this and that you can get your value back soon enough (which you will!) by holding on! Keep at it, as the blockchain industry has been and shall be as volatile as hell!
If you still want to exit no matter what, you can sell it right now to get it out of your mind and cut out stress.
You can also help your friend out or anyone trying to bring the market back into track value-vise, so you can help them out if you have a small number of coins that may not mean anything to you (putting mine around as well but do not feel obliged or anything:3BMEXxdphJrgzLst1MJ6b6RGajwzhFkeqn).

Trade and HODL safe!
Anti-Cen

Activity: 210
Merit: 26

High fees = low BTC price

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 09:20:07 PM

Yes keep away from social media, it's all spyware and turned into a censorship engine with Google calling all the shoots.

OK the rest of the post looks like wishful thinking because the jig looks almost up for Bitcoin for many reasons that the blind
here won't see but $55 Tx fees nine months ago is number one.

if you like being watched during sex, gives you a thrill then keep your Microsoft X-Box plunged in and it does not matter if the white power light is on of off   
because you are being recorded and someone might watch it if you have the right assets for the job.

Mining is CPU-wars and Intel, AMD like it nearly as much as big oil likes miners wasting electricity. Is this what mankind has come too.
Vangar (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:19:33 PM

Although I might agree that bitcoin (as well as other cryptos) face issues that need immediate attention (fees, number of transactions, decentralization, market manipulation), I do not think that jig is up for them. They are quite big in terms of a number of traders, companies involved, mining pools, companies accepting the payment method, and organizations interested in the blockchain technology. It is here to stay. Just because its value dropped, it does not mean it will die out.
As for the rest of your post, can you clarify a bit more, I got a bit lost after "if you like being watched during sex..."?
Matthewmorris4

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO | Earn Stable

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 10:56:38 PM

IMO, it all depends on how mentally we are, in a market condition like this, I also take the time to continue to explore social media related to crypto just to add insight, and of course to train us that the words of FUDders are merely nonsense, crypto will have a moment, so indeed when the downfall moment occurs, we just need to be patient

kotajikikox

Activity: 2394
Merit: 209

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:05:42 PM

Harder to stay away from social media is a part of life of people to get latest news in our life, either bad news or good news or fake news to know what will happen in the world industry specially in cryptocurrency for those people holding huge amount of coins.

smyslov

Activity: 2002
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:08:20 PM

Every time there is a big drop I checked the latest news why it's happening and what are the causes but I avoid reading people's opinion about Bitcoin because it is quite depressing they are posting that Bitcoin is over and going to die, if you are weak of heart you will be carried away, and by the way why ask donation there is nothing in your post that deserves a tip, not even a merit will do.
mekie

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:27:27 PM

Personally i have a healthy (i think) distrust of social media and whats is posted on it. This is a shame as social media could do so much good, unfortunately it seems to me to full of morons who will do and say anything to get attention no matter who gets hurt, and this of course impacts on what could and should be a tremendously liberating technology (bitcoin) that takes power from vast multinational conglomerates such as the banks and puts it back into the hands of the people. Social media scare stories and sensationalizing of news is a contributory factor in the wild swings in the crypto market which can and will hurt those whose knowledge and understanding of crypto is limited by encouraging them to invest when they are not familiar with the risks.   

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ●      DAFZO.io      ●  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
CONTRIBUTE in PRIVATE SALE OFFERING 50% BONUS
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:41:14 PM

I do not think $20.000 is realistic, even in 2019
Many people never thought 20,000 would be possible last year either. Sometimes you just gotta believe. If it happened last time then it could happen again only that no one can predict the exact time for sure

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
ami84

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:44:20 PM

totally agree but I do hope we see that bull run sooner rather than later....
Bitcoinnation
Copper Member

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 11:50:51 PM

Harder to stay away from social media is a part of life of people to get latest news in our life, either bad news or good news or fake news to know what will happen in the world industry specially in cryptocurrency for those people holding huge amount of coins.

True, Social media is a necessary evil. Once you keep off, you won't know what is going on and you will be left ages behind by the different trends. For example, if a crash happens, you won't know when to make swift decisions
Vangar (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:00:11 AM

Every time there is a big drop I checked the latest news why it's happening and what are the causes but I avoid reading people's opinion about Bitcoin because it is quite depressing they are posting that Bitcoin is over and going to die, if you are weak of heart you will be carried away, and by the way why ask donation there is nothing in your post that deserves a tip, not even a merit will do.
That's because I am an idiot that did not elaborate properly. Fixed!
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 09:58:29 AM

I understand that such a drop can render anyone down to an emotional breakdown,

it is mostly because the market participants are mostly newbies who panic sell in face of a little manipulation and also some of them even love the drops. you can see from the troll accounts that became active in the past couple of days (the example is the second post here) that have been wishing for the dumps so that they could make some quick buck from the volatility.

TA,... won't work either because this is not a natural drop. it is manipulation.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Vangar (OP)

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 02:30:22 PM

I am glue to social media. Tell me, my friend, at this present market situation, do you really stay from away from the social media? reading news about the bitcoin and the general market! Social Media is part of the game, speculation is the stimulating factor in this space as we discuss this. A single news can move the price of BTC to $8,000 and TA will just be disappointed.
I strongly disagree with you. I do understand the power social media can have but crypto industry got far more complex than just a year ago. Positive and negative news really have a small impact on the industry, even with malicious bot posts on Facebook and Twitter, aiming at starters to artificially bring down the price. Yes, I do stay away from social media a times like these but I can only speak for myself. Others might chip in their thoughts as well. Market manipulation is far bigger than just social media and my post aims at individuals and traders that work with (a lot) smaller values of coins right now. Also, I think that with discipline, anyone can abstain from Facebook or few days without problems Smiley
lyks15

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:01:31 PM

I think that is true,we need to stay away from social media because all we know that in social media there is a lot of negative comments and blogs that you can read or watch about bitclin and I think it is not healthy for us to see and read about it because our iggerness and being motivated to earn bitcoin will affect. For me we need to stay motivated to avoid us lazy in what we are doing. On my own opinion we dont need any suggestion or opinion coming from social media because all we know what we are doing so dont make your self confused and the best thing is browsing in social media.

▼                          NΛTURΛL8       MAKING POKER FUN AGAIN                        ▼
►          $500k Rush & Cash Monthly   |   200% First Deposit   |   $150k Short Deck Hold'em          ◄
▲          [   ● FACEBOOK   ]     Download The App Here     [     ● TWITTER     ]          ▲
demenBTC

Activity: 742
Merit: 251

PRIVATE FEDERATED BLOCKCHAIN

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:45:02 PM

there is also important social media for information seeking news that is truly valid to believe, indeed for now the situation is experiencing chaos on social media especially on cryptocurrency, before social media can be an important means for crypto fans, hopefully in the future social media will become more good and trustworthy

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 
CREATING THE MOST ACCESSIBLE PLATFORM
                 FOR SELF-ACTUALIZATION               
FACEBOOK  ♦  TWITTER   ♦   WHITEPAPER   ♦   ZAPPS   ♦   GITHUB
     ZROCOR    
  PRIVATE FEDERATED NETWORK 

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████████▀░▄██████████▄░▀████████
██████▀░████████▀▀▀█████░▀██████
█████░░███████▀░░░░██████░░█████
████░░██████▀░░▄██░███████░░████
███░░█████▀░░▄███░▄████████░░███
████████▀░░▄████░░██████████▀▀██
█░░░░██░░▄█████░░█████▀░░██░░░░█
██████████████░░████▀░░▄████▄▄██
███░░████████▀░███▀░░▄█████░░███
████░░███████░██▀░░▄██████░░████
█████░░██████░░░░▄███████░░█████
██████▄░█████▄▄▄████████░▄██████
████████▄░▀██████████▀░▄████████
██████████▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████████

Vladislav2306

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:55:08 PM

Emotions is not a good partner in crypto market. Every trader must keep the head cold and just increase the number of coins in such market to get more profit on the bullish trend.

<div align="center">
<a href="https://brightnetwork.io">Bright - FINANCIAL SERVICES ON THE BLOCKCHAIN</a>
</div>
Woolles890

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 03:58:21 PM

Often we are provoked by the news from social media so this is what happens in crypto panic, negative news about crypto easily spreads and gives concern and makes us emotional. If we are still patient and staying calm means we can think wisely and be able to control emotions about negative news.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Coolman4

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 04:05:03 PM

Big problem with social media is "Bad news will flow to everyone fast but good news does not " 1 bad news is enough to create a negative impresion   , but 100 good news will  not make them a positive impression  
messito

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 08:50:16 PM

I generally try not to read news at a bear market since they don’t write truthful information there

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 10:27:10 PM

Of course, it is very important to move away or avoid any form of negativity that has the ecosystem at this time, this same forum can be an example, every 3 posts 1 is talking about the end of bitcoin, as if these dips did not happen every year and in the end cryptos recovered ... always recovered.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: