Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:50:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you building a gambling game?  (Read 1244 times)
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:42:45 AM

I am launching a service soon and would like to coordinate our launch with you. This would help show off what our api can do for a bitcoin business.
a1choi

Activity: 323
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:46:36 AM

what kind of service are you building/trying to promote?
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:06:06 PM

what kind of service are you building/trying to promote?

A robust api to the blockchain with watch wallet features. I will say we are not going to hold any bitcoins for anyone, we are not an api wallet, but we are trying to make cold storage very easy.
a1choi

Activity: 323
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:34:05 PM

Cool! good luck with that!  i think there is a definite need for that. especially after the issues that have popped up recently.
luupy

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:39:12 PM

Interesting. Could you elaborate on your "standard security practices" that you use?
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:01:37 AM

Interesting. Could you elaborate on your "standard security practices" that you use?

We use public and private api keys. So you use sha256hmac and nonce to communicate your secret key to us and we do the same back to you depending on the api call. We also will have ssl.

I am on my phone so if You want more infromation I can tell you later.
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:37:08 AM

We are still looking and we are getting closer to launch we have built already 2 backend nodes using our software.
God

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:30:09 AM

Can you summarize exactly what this API will be able to do?

God

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:43:08 AM

Their is way too much to list out, but whatever you need to do with the blockchain, or with addresses. We also allow you add addresses which will then alert you to transaction outputs that involve that address using a secure callback. This is the ultimate way to have a cold storage wallet. We also want to hear from our clients when we start as to what api calls they want.

The only thing you can't do with our api, is query what peers we are connected to or use us to store bitcoin private keys. We don't hold bitcoins.

What can it do that the blockchain.info api can't do?

God

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:14:14 AM

Their is way too much to list out, but whatever you need to do with the blockchain, or with addresses. We also allow you add addresses which will then alert you to transaction outputs that involve that address using a secure callback. This is the ultimate way to have a cold storage wallet. We also want to hear from our clients when we start as to what api calls they want.

The only thing you can't do with our api, is query what peers we are connected to or use us to store bitcoin private keys. We don't hold bitcoins.

Very good question, the answer is blockchain.info's api is not using secure communications within the api itself. We are using standard web rest api practices they are not. They are on the side of visually representing that data of the blockchain, we are focused stole on making a bitcoin managed api. We are taking the place of you going and purchasing another VPS and setting up a whole scalable api on top of it.

Blockchain.info is great for prototyping a simple application, but we are aiming to be the force behind a cloud scalable bitcoind. Yes I know I just threw out a lot of buzzwords and I have a business plan that better illustrates what we are doing and what we want to be involved in.

So on one hand we directly compete with blockchain.info in some areas of being an api to blockchain, but to be honest we are a different beast. We are aiming to be the email hosting service of bitcoin nodes, blockchain.info is aiming to be the one stop shop of bitcoiners of being a wallet, an explorer and an api.

You're too vague. So, I can use this to scale up a bitcoin wallet that manages, say 1000 transactions a minute for a bitcoin based MMO that has lots of move transactions as players hit each other or steal heart points or strenth (btc) from each other?

gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:22:54 AM

Very good question, the answer is blockchain.info's api is not using secure communications within the api itself. We are using standard web rest api practices they are not. They are on the side of visually representing that data of the blockchain, we are focused stole on making a bitcoin managed api. We are taking the place of you going and purchasing another VPS and setting up a whole scalable api on top of it.

Blockchain.info is great for prototyping a simple application, but we are aiming to be the force behind a cloud scalable bitcoind. Yes I know I just threw out a lot of buzzwords and I have a business plan that better illustrates what we are doing and what we want to be involved in.

So on one hand we directly compete with blockchain.info in some areas of being an api to blockchain, but to be honest we are a different beast. We are aiming to be the email hosting service of bitcoin nodes, blockchain.info is aiming to be the one stop shop of bitcoiners of being a wallet, an explorer and an api.

You're too vague. So, I can use this to scale up a bitcoin wallet that manages, say 1000 transactions a minute for a bitcoin based MMO that has lots of move transactions as players hit each other or steal heart points or strenth (btc) from each other?

As long as your server or hosting company doesn't mistake us for a DDOS attack we can certainly ping your callback script for 1000 transactions per minute. But as I said before we are not a wallet service so we don't store any bitcoins from any users on our server.
God

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 05:30:01 AM

Can you just send me the specs already

gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:18:04 PM

Bump! We are still looking for a partner to launch with. We want to show off our powerful api, you will be getting a free month of our service as well!
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:58:35 AM

If your partner shouldnt they get the service free for showcasing?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 03:03:22 PM

If your partner shouldnt they get the service free for showcasing?

Yes you would get a free month. Plus I have a lot of media things I will be doing so your name will be mentioned with that.

I can't give life of the service free because I am using a lot of my contacts and favors to build up my service which would build up the partner service as well. So they are already getting a great deal in turn for this.
zolace

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:42:13 PM

ok but wont you have to work with the developers of the site?  Plus how can you be trusted and who has control of the bitcoins going to the site that is show casing your API.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: