Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:59:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Post Deleted - Standing up for bitcoin.  (Read 309 times)
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

Activity: 1213
Merit: 591

OGRaccoon

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 10:08:51 AM

It seems bitcoin talk has a overzealous quick to click mod who is deleting posts that are standing up for bitcoin.

I made a reply in this topic.

The heading.  Is Bitcoin Cash Dead.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5071829.0

now I hate bitcoin cash so I thought I would outline the fact it was dead from the outset for stealing bitcoins name.

Deleted Post
« Sent to: MagicByt3 on: Today at 09:19:16 PM »
   Reply with quoteReply with quote Remove this messageDelete
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

It always was.  since they said BCH is BITCOIN.. it died.  Wink

--

Now I do not know if this is taken the wrong way by a mod or was not read correctly. but its clear I was meaning it was always dead as they tried to take the bitcoin name.

I think the mod has been click happy and not read my post and understood what I was meaning by that comment.

The fact It is a stand up for bitcoin and was removed is concerning to me.

I was in NO WAY advocating that BCH is bitcoin.   

MB

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
┃   💎 Mine Solo with CKPool 💎    ┃
┃    ➤ Hit Blocks on Your Own!      ┃
┃ ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓┃
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:15:44 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4), Jeremycoin (1)

This is Bitcointalk and it is meant for discussions about bitcoin, your post can not be deleted from standing up for bitcoin.
You post can not even be deleted for standing against bitcoin, members are encouraged to share their opinions without bias.

Your reply was either redundant, irrelevant or spam.
A lot of members have at one point or the other had post deleted. It doesn't warrant starting a thread.

Sharon121212

Activity: 280
Merit: 215

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 11:43:10 AM

Just reading your post "it always was since the said BCH is BITCOIN..... It died wink" even if I was the moderator I would delete it myself because it's incorrect, so very causal, unimportant  and unfit to be on the forum

Firstly there is no war with bitcoin and bitcoin cash so I don't understand you saying you stood up for bitcoin. You should probably read more about bitcoin fork because bitcoin cash was form after a fork on bitcoin

And reading the original post you commented to it was in contrast to your reply and deserve to be deleted.
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 2179

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2018, 12:07:01 PM

I don't think you need create new thread for delete such as reply. I believe someone report your post as spam post or mod deleted themselves by consider spam post. Most likely your post was spam post, that's the reason it was deleted. I don't think it's big issue that you need to create this thread instead of avoid such as reply.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 2092

View Profile
November 21, 2018, 01:52:13 PM

I think it was simply deleted for not being a very good post. Obviously seems kinda unfair knowing that there are lot worse posts out there that fly under the radar. Don't worry too much about it though, that just happens sometimes.
DaCryptoRaccoon (OP)

Activity: 1213
Merit: 591

OGRaccoon

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 08:55:14 AM

I think it was simply deleted for not being a very good post. Obviously seems kinda unfair knowing that there are lot worse posts out there that fly under the radar. Don't worry too much about it though, that just happens sometimes.

Exactly. 

Seem to be millions of waste and spam posts here every day that fly 100% under the radar.
No removal of Scams, Ponzi, Fake Sites,  But  a simple comment saying bitcoin cash was always dead is removed..

Poor show bitcoin talk...

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
┃   💎 Mine Solo with CKPool 💎    ┃
┃    ➤ Hit Blocks on Your Own!      ┃
┃ ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓  ███▓▓┃
Ispep

Activity: 154
Merit: 24

The future of security tokens

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 09:04:27 AM

The fact that over a 90% of spam/low quality posts do go under the radar most times on the forum
Definitely doesn't mean we should not delete the 10% that we sure do come across/see..
And fortunately(for the forum) and unfortunately(for you),your reply falls under the said 10% hence it was rightly deleted..

Good show MODS
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2018, 12:44:06 PM

Exactly. 

Seem to be millions of waste and spam posts here every day that fly 100% under the radar.
No removal of Scams, Ponzi, Fake Sites,  But  a simple comment saying bitcoin cash was always dead is removed..

Instead of wasting your time with this thread you should go ahead and report those "millions of waste and spam posts here every day that fly 100% under the radar" to the moderators. That's how most posts get removed and likely that's how your post got removed too. The forum is only as good as its members.
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:37:36 PM

the forum has  simple rules which one of it states that you should go through a thread properly before making a comments. You must understand what the post is before you can make comments. abide by the rules and your posts and comments will not be deleted. failure to do might even resolved to temporary Ban.

i believed that you can still go back to thread and share your own thoughts whether bitcoin cash is Dead or Not but be specific and clear with your ideas.
Coyster
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1248

Life's but a walking shadow!

View Profile
November 25, 2018, 05:47:27 PM

the forum has  simple rules which one of it states that you should go through a thread properly before making a comments
Even if it's absent on the forum rules,common sense demands it, that we at all times try to be meaningful and walk away from discussions that we have paltry knowledge on..
If most forum users can basically stick with such natural phenomenon,then it's the first step in cleaning this place up
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
November 26, 2018, 07:11:24 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2018, 07:31:01 AM by xtraelv

It always was.  since they said BCH is BITCOIN.. it died.  Wink

Most likely it was deleted because it was reported by a user as a low quality post repeating what had already been said.

Personally I wouldn't report a post like this but you also don't know what other posts were deleted by the moderator from that thead. Moderators only have a short amount of time to decide whether something amounts to spam and the post is borderline. It could be that they deleted a whole lot of posts from the thread to prevent an interesting topic into turning into a signature spam mega-thread.

Next time put a bit more effort into your posts and they are unlikely to get deleted.

Others had already expressed that viewpoint earlier in the thread :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: