Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:25:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I need KYC for generosity?  (Read 792 times)
Aleksei Hurskiy

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 03:04:22 PM

I think that KYC is needed. See how many scammers in the tables, as well as double registrations. In good projects, I’m happy to go through the KYC, because I know that I’ll get what I’ve earned, but fraudsters do nothing)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Herp-a-derp

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:09:14 PM

do you mean a bounty campaign? For some campaigns, KYC  are required, and for some, not. There are a lot of factors on what it depends
BitcoinGuruOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:26:42 PM

Recently, more and more arguments have arisen that ICO generosity campaign participants really need to be tested by KYC in order for ICO teams to provide information that their tokens are distributed to specific people. In my opinion, this generally sounds like something stupid. Who and why should the ICO team provide such data? Tokens are not much different from any other product, and stating that merchants need to know who they are selling is stupid.
You welcome the situation when we go into the store and in order to purchase any product and we will be asked to first fill out a special form with your confidential data? Do you think that this is different from the situation with cryptocurrency?

It is not a ICO " generosity" , it is ICO "Bounty" , stop using google translate! PLEASE.
If the project is emitting utility tokens ,then it ther is no legal basis for bounty token distrobution kyc if it is a security then it is a legitimate to ask.

Akpuv

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2018, 09:36:14 PM

Recently, more and more arguments have arisen that ICO generosity campaign participants really need to be tested by KYC in order for ICO teams to provide information that their tokens are distributed to specific people. In my opinion, this generally sounds like something stupid. Who and why should the ICO team provide such data? Tokens are not much different from any other product, and stating that merchants need to know who they are selling is stupid.
You welcome the situation when we go into the store and in order to purchase any product and we will be asked to first fill out a special form with your confidential data? Do you think that this is different from the situation with cryptocurrency?
As for me, I don't care about having the KYC for investors or for generosity campaigns. There is absolutely no need for KYC in any aspect of cryptocurrency.

████████████         AVXChange         ████████████
bassbity

Activity: 1092
Merit: 284

View Profile
November 29, 2018, 09:48:15 PM

I believe that KYC requirement is mainly for protection of project founders from existing or future government regulations. Many ICOs originally never planned to require KYC from generosity campaigners but have to change rules for the same reason I already stated.
that what exact point and project founders don't want to ruined their project due to government regulation decisions on ico funding that's why ask kyc information and put country restrictions so they are safe and don't get any regulation problems later.
it is very important that all projects needed by KYC to maintain security and become a government decision, in selling ico investors will be happy with there kyc
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 01:56:44 AM

Sometimes KYC is necessary to be done in order to take a part become a legit token holder in companies that paying you share or dividend.
But i don't think it is required for ICO companies that using only utility token to operates, weird if they want their project supporters to submit KYC.
If you are a hunter, then you must carefully choose a project to support if you don't want your KYC documents used by scam ICO companies.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
itasannah

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:21:05 AM

Everything depends on each individual because there are people who argue that KYC is indeed needed in the Bounty program. So many fraudulent accounts can be reduced and can even be lost. But some people do not approve of this KYC procedure. Actually, it's easy, if you don't want KYC you can look for projects that don't exist KYC. Because there are still many good projects and don't use KYC.
distr@yopmail.com

Activity: 1120
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 03:24:58 AM

Everything depends on each individual because there are people who argue that KYC is indeed needed in the Bounty program. So many fraudulent accounts can be reduced and can even be lost. But some people do not approve of this KYC procedure. Actually, it's easy, if you don't want KYC you can look for projects that don't exist KYC. Because there are still many good projects and don't use KYC.
Yes, some people do not approve of Kyc, maybe because of the confidentiality of their documents. but is there a problem that has arisen because of the document we did to the project? I have not seen it yet. if you really don't like kyc, you can look for a project that doesn't require you. but I myself like Kyc, it makes cheating accounts manageable.

Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 05:39:05 PM

This is the problem now that many ICO projects do not say anything about KYC verification or even deny it, and only when we have been doing our job for several months in the ICO signature campaign, then the ICO team says that it is necessary to pass the KYC verification. This is deception. If, under the terms of accession, they wrote that they would need a KYC check and immediately gave a link to its form, everything would be fair.
I do not live at the place of my registration and cannot submit documents confirming the fact of residence at the place of registration. There is no violation on my part. However, in these cases I cannot pass the KYC check. I have been working for several months in the ICO signature campaign, and then they declare to me that, because I cannot provide this document,
 I will not be paid earned tokens. Adherents of KYC, is that fair?
mizamuneerashine

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

jarvis.exchange

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 07:56:08 PM

Nowadays, the bounty hunters are becoming smart , they asked first if the project needs a kyc , so they have an option to join or not and so the campaign managers they are now very clear from the  beginning. It's a personal choice  I guess if you are willing to share your personal data and you are aware the risk.

Borderless trading with the Jarvis Exchanges.
Buy Apple stocks with Bitcoin. Jarvis.exchange (http://Jarvis.exchange)
Hadarula

Activity: 252

EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 07:57:56 PM

this is a good question and i am not sure what am i supposed to answer sp i will gladly read somebody other s point of view

EVERID
│ Decentralized platform for a new economy │
Hadarula

Activity: 252

EVERID Decentralized platform for a new Economy

View Profile
November 30, 2018, 07:58:54 PM

Nowadays, the bounty hunters are becoming smart , they asked first if the project needs a kyc , so they have an option to join or not and so the campaign managers they are now very clear from the  beginning. It's a personal choice  I guess if you are willing to share your personal data and you are aware the risk.
you nee to be sire taht your economy and your money are safe so be careful there are many viruses right now

EVERID
│ Decentralized platform for a new economy │
Kseniya17

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2018, 07:54:10 PM

Yes, I think that sometimes KYC is needed, but the requirements of KYC reach the point of absurdity! I give my data myself and sometimes I can hardly get through KYC
kotajikikox

Activity: 2380
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 08:09:23 PM

I am not agree using kyc in my own opinion how can make sure bounty participants gives true information sending legal documents identification are easy to copy paste and edit from the computer to use as kyc requirements.

VPScreator

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:04:41 PM

I think that if you found a good project and you are confident in it, but there is a condition that it is necessary to pass the KYC, then I would personally take part in it.

Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:18:35 PM

Well, i respect each other individuality to agree with kyc requirements or not, but for me the team should look for other alternative way which they can make a follow up contact with the participants information not the whole data personality with the individual because that is a foul against the security of a person.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 09:46:34 PM

Well in my opinion KYC would still be the best way to lessen up fake bounty hunters and this would maximize the tokens you could get since fake ones can not do KYC's except they have already planned it and know what to do and has back up plans.
KYC verification has never had the goal of eliminating multi-accounts in this forum. This is not a problem at all for the ICO teams, for them there are how many accounts you have, just to write quality messages with their advertising for the ICO project. And in order to reduce the number of multi-accounts, it would be wrong to violate our privacy rights. Now massively, ICO teams, under various far-fetched pretexts, conduct KYC checks against bounty hunters after the end of the ICO with the aim of not paying the tokens we earned. This is still a big problem.
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:34:15 PM

I think it was a necessary measure. Just look how many bots and multi-accounts involved in the bounty companies. The introduction of the KYC procedure at least a little, but helps to deal with it. But I believe that about the introduction of this procedure it is necessary to warn at the beginning of the bounty that the participants made decisions whether or not to participate.
BigBrother

Activity: 439

View Profile
December 01, 2018, 10:43:18 PM

Of course no one wants to send their personal data to just anyone. It is especially bad when the KYC procedure is announced at the very end of the bounty of the company. I think that this procedure is not always necessary, but if you are involved in projects from Amazix, there is no need to be afraid of this procedure.

organelles

Activity: 350

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:46:10 AM

I think it really depends on the kind of project that you are investing in and how much that you are willing to invest into the said project and how much you trust them. Personally I would never do kyc for any kind of new project no matter how legit they look because that is my entire identity I am giving out and I would hate to have it used against me

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: