Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:32:50 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do I need KYC for generosity?  (Read 800 times)
Monro3000

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 11:49:45 AM

You want to give your data to people for a reward that you may be able to get in a few months, and in a falling market, I generally doubt that it will be distributed to bounty hunters.

NAVIBRATION  -  feel your way   |   The way of knowing the world, reinvented
▬▬   WHITEPAPER   :   ONE PAGER   ▶  WATCH INTRO
FACEBOOK   ●   TWITTER   ●   TELEGRAM   ●   LINKEDIN   ●   YOUTUBE
eagle10

Activity: 840
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2018, 11:50:42 AM

Recently, more and more arguments have arisen that ICO generosity campaign participants really need to be tested by KYC in order for ICO teams to provide information that their tokens are distributed to specific people. In my opinion, this generally sounds like something stupid. Who and why should the ICO team provide such data? Tokens are not much different from any other product, and stating that merchants need to know who they are selling is stupid.
You welcome the situation when we go into the store and in order to purchase any product and we will be asked to first fill out a special form with your confidential data? Do you think that this is different from the situation with cryptocurrency?
Yes, I agree. There shouldn't be KYC for bounty hunters. What for? They are only working in exchange for a small amount of token but afterwards received lesser than expected. You see your personal information too in exchnage for less than a dollar value of tokens? It's not fair.
sehoon

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:53:44 AM

For me, it is unreasonable for a bounty campaign to require KYC in order for the bounty participants to receive the tokens. Because at the first place, they dont really need that information. And some bounty campaigns announce it in the end of the campaign which pretty irritating for I.

Nivia1st

Activity: 821

Volare.network

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:59:11 AM

it seems not, because Kyc is only for investors. but there are some projects that require cyc for bounty participants. it all depends on the policy of the project team.

anatolij.shishkin
Copper Member

Activity: 995
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 12:02:02 PM

Recently, more and more arguments have arisen that ICO generosity campaign participants really need to be tested by KYC in order for ICO teams to provide information that their tokens are distributed to specific people. In my opinion, this generally sounds like something stupid. Who and why should the ICO team provide such data? Tokens are not much different from any other product, and stating that merchants need to know who they are selling is stupid.
You welcome the situation when we go into the store and in order to purchase any product and we will be asked to first fill out a special form with your confidential data? Do you think that this is different from the situation with cryptocurrency?

More and more it looks like a hoax. To give the data is not known to whom. I do not like this procedure. Today I just studied an article about this. These are all of the procedures that give this opportunity.

Zdraste16

Activity: 442
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:43:36 PM

KYC for bounty hunters most likely entered because of the very large number of multi-accounts and bots that occupy most of the pool.  On the one hand, KYC eliminates fraudsters, and on the other hand, sending screenshots of their documents to everyone in a row also has no desire.  Admins say your business is to pass KYC or not.  But if you do not pass KYC, you will not get anything.
MendozaCharles

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:48:11 PM

KYC for bounty hunters most likely entered because of the very large number of multi-accounts and bots that occupy most of the pool.  On the one hand, KYC eliminates fraudsters, and on the other hand, sending screenshots of their documents to everyone in a row also has no desire.  Admins say your business is to pass KYC or not.  But if you do not pass KYC, you will not get anything.
KYC now has no meaning for bounty. For bot or fraud cases, KYC is not required to remove those people. I think they want KYC because they can sell that information

Bitcoin Bull Run is Coming 🌅
Sanford

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:51:30 PM

Before collecting our data projects must go to the stock exchange. Do your work . Most of the projects just collect our data with you. Then use them for their own purposes. I hope everyone understands this.
judeafante

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 02:56:49 PM

Once and for all we should put KYC into it's rightful place in the crypto industry, it should only for those whales who are buying big shares of the tokens and not bounty hunters who will just get a few dollars worth of token.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
Nwankwobtt

Activity: 487

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:00:26 PM

I sincerely do not go with that premise. Kyc(know your customer) was introduced as an AML(Anti money laundering) law requirement of specific countries to ascertain the financial spendings of an individual and to monitor appropriately

bitcoinst

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:20:46 PM

Once and for all we should put KYC into it's rightful place in the crypto industry, it should only for those whales who are buying big shares of the tokens and not bounty hunters who will just get a few dollars worth of token.

Or, we need a platform on which will become an intermediary between ordinary users, like you and me, and projects requiring the completion of the KYC procedure; this platform must also be decentralized to ensure the maximum level of security. Alas, so far no project in this area has achieved proper success, but this is only for the time being.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cichaescut
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

SYNCHROBIT

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:27:47 PM

KYC is made to detect cheaters and people that want to exceed the personal cap, to get more profit. I think that such a process is pretty fair and it should be done for security reasons to protect honest investors.

pandanaran

Activity: 1048
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:46:18 PM

KYC is made to detect cheaters and people that want to exceed the personal cap, to get more profit. I think that such a process is pretty fair and it should be done for security reasons to protect honest investors.
Yes right, according to its use to protect cheating hunters by participating with many accounts. But this is different from what we discussed about the distribution of tokens by hunters who have to be asked to KYC so that data about hunter data is known to consumers. I think this is a bit strange but if it's not off track and it's safe it's not a problem.

jeromix
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 03:50:57 PM

Well yeah if you are trying to help and just want to be an anonymous then just like what you said that this is totally stupid. Yet, if all just becuase your endeavors on helping someone with the team that are promoting then setting aside about the KYC should not be a hindrance in giving help. One should do the KYC.

Catmurs

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:55:05 PM

it seems not, because Kyc is only for investors. but there are some projects that require cyc for bounty participants. it all depends on the policy of the project team.
I think kyc is needed for bounty participants , due to the fact that many people use multi-accounts , and it may reduce the participants in the program and keep it honest

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
February 23, 2019, 05:59:01 PM

I think kyc is needed for bounty participants , due to the fact that many people use multi-accounts , and it may reduce the participants in the program and keep it honest
It is not the main reason why KYC is implemented,the team want to get free promotions from the members if they are not interested on multiple accounts then can ask for KYC while joining asking at the distribution is clearly shows what is their intention.
Grobokopalka

Activity: 579

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2019, 07:19:07 AM

Never thought the KYC mandatory for hunters. Yes, in the beginning it protected from scammers, and now scans of documents can be bought almost at every step.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 07:32:13 AM

KYC is made to detect cheaters and people that want to exceed the personal cap

lol  Cheesy no  .  kyc is not made because of that   . if a campaign is willing to detect abusers , they can do it in a more easier way  . than requiring this kyc .  kyc  in a nutshell is made  for a more important purpose   .

for the question about  [ do we really need a kyc ?  ]  no we dont  . just ignore those kyc related projects or kyc related campaigns and your all good to go .
fosco333

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 02:26:32 PM

I think you should take into consideration more before submitting any KYC document.
If your reward is not too worth, better if you don't give any data of your identity because scammer can using your data.

kipoel

Activity: 826
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 02:37:37 PM

If the requested KYC is for investors that purchasing coins, that would be no problem, but if it's for the bounty participant and it's not mentioned at eh beginning of a campaign, then that would be really big problem, the bounty participant will surely scream for that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: