Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:28:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you been scammed? How did they approached you?  (Read 865 times)
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 01:22:06 PM

I didn't get scammed so far.

Because most of the scammers are obvious. And if someone on telegram sends you a private message just block him.

I could be fooled for Symmetry Fund ico, it was looking good and even posted on icodrops turned out to be a scam. But i was lucky, people find out before i can invest.

Ultimist

Activity: 812
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 03:24:25 PM

Certainly. Real admins will not do to write to you asking to buy coins or something else. It is always better to be more alert and check before you answer them something.

soramon

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 03:42:18 PM

Well personally i have not been scammed yet. But friend of mine already scammed. He lost all his tokens in the wallet after he login into fraud website. The website look same as the original and after notice the domain of website is different. Its already end for my friend. We need to make sure all things that we gonna do is safe.

oper802

Activity: 406

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 11:06:43 PM

Yeah, it's good for you because you have known about the scammer's way to get you. What should you do is just being more careful in doing or giving any pieces of information to them, hopefully, we can avoid them.

kavindra

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:27:51 PM

It is good for you if you have realized and understood to know scam. As you said that bounty manager or  group admin will never approach you with such that words. They only will replay our message as long as we sent them a messages first. Therefore, we should be careful here in order to anticipate and avoid scammer that would take much advantages from the users.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:30:00 PM

I get messages everyday in Telegram.
Most of them approached me as investors, group admins or affiliates.

One way to detect them is that they will approach us first. And they always start with 'Hey User'.
Real investors or admins dont simply approach other people until we ask for their help first.

Remember. Never will project administrators write private messages to you in order to offer more favorable terms of cooperation. Throw at once a complaint to such people.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
jpnl0008

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:30:15 PM

this days, the community is more aware of the subtle approach by the scammers and fraudster and therefore they saw the need for innovation in their old formats and mostly targeted the ignorant and the newbies on the blockchain technology to bring about verifications that gets to prompt them inputing their wallet private key to sign and then they fall prey.
gaslyant

Activity: 114

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:33:05 PM

I haven't been scammed, being on the internet for so long I am suspicious of everything but I get telegram messages from fake admins, CEOs or team members of the projects. Double checking never hurts so I always double check when I see something like that. Especially on Telegram no admin, CEO or team member message you unless you ask for pm. Keep your eyes open guys. Double check the emails you get too.
Huskarls

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:46:37 PM

One way to detect them is that they will approach us first. And they always start with 'Hey User'.
Real investors or admins dont simply approach other people until we ask for their help first.

the point is never to trust people who suddenly send you a message and then they promote to take part in their investment system. Those are all lies. If you telegram, "Report & Mark as Spam" is the solution. Just leave them, you wont waste your time for nothing.

bignice

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:47:41 PM

Very often happens on social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and telegram. They tried to send a message to me and they tried to force me to invest in a project. And after I checked, the project was inactive and unclear.
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2018, 11:49:55 PM

as the day goes, different formats are deployed to scam people of their hard earned money and most especially the newbies and also the ignorant people happen to fall victim to all these as they often send links to emails and telegram walls for people to click and get bugged or fill a form requesting for your wallet to be signed using your private key

tracyhayley

Activity: 652
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 11:59:51 PM

yes, i ever getting scammed once. they reach me via email and telegram. i've joined an ICO, and someone sent me an email and some message on telegram chat.  
the message offered me huge bonuses if we buy their token today. he sent me some message with fake Dev name. now i know what kind of message that will scam me.

rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 12:25:10 PM

I can't really say I was scammed personally because I was involved in a bigger deal but I basically lost money twice in a communal way.

First one, was cryptsy which was one of the early multi coin exchange in crypto world, think of it like today binance or bittrex. I had some money there and when they claimed they were "hacked" they just took our money and left, I can't say I was scammed because they basically took everyone money and didn't really aimed me about it but thats still money lost for me.

Second one was hashflare where I have spent money to get hashing power but in the end they claimed it wasn't profitable anymore and closed shop and I never got my money back from them neither. All of them together I have probably lost about one bitcoin in them but right now not much I can do about any of them.
dewildance

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 12:27:47 PM

They tried. But they failed. Especially Telegram groups are full of SCAMmers. A few times I was the one who promised to send me Bitcoin. I've blocked all of them without reading or speaking Smiley
Hamphser

Activity: 2520
Merit: 328

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 12:37:36 PM

They tried. But they failed. Especially Telegram groups are full of SCAMmers. A few times I was the one who promised to send me Bitcoin. I've blocked all of them without reading or speaking Smiley
A must have attitude for a certain person. Anyone that approaches randomly without any expected transactions from other people then most of them 100% are scam.
So if you don't like to experience problem then better to ignore it directly but sadly there are still people who got victimized but well experience of loss will always be a good learning too.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
panjay

Activity: 1079
Merit: 352

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 12:50:48 PM

lol yeah me to often get some message like that's, usually they start with "do you know bitcoin?" or "can you help me please"...from my experience that's most likely a scam 100%. They will give you some link and make you deposit to some site.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:26:54 PM

It is very funny when people are cheated in this way. I do not understand why people are very gullible and ready to send their money to unknown people who write them personal messages. Administrators of telegram groups (ico projects) never write first. Why people are not smart enough to check the information, setting it in a group where the person is supposedly the administrator.

Its really ashamed and need to accept the fact that there are many gullible people here, and because of them the counts of scammer are also increase. But remember we need to be careful since that you are here in this business industry. Most of the scammer are good in hyping people and this was most often happened in different social media like telegram and etc.
Autumn.MediaGrp
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:42:39 PM

i just ignore and block them, like the admin said they dont PM first since there is no reason to

LukkasG

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 01:57:34 PM

Mostly scammers tried to approach me through personal messages in telegrams. But once they managed to hack the project site and replace the address to send funds to participate in ICO. It was Apex project and I was one of the victims Sad
GermanGiant

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2018, 02:01:42 PM

They always appear every day. I have blocked many accounts because of that. So if someone is acting on behalf of the admin project, just report it. Because it is an indication that the scammer and the admin will not be sent a pm to you first.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: