Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:09:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp is the Next Gox and why Bitcoin will be at $300 soon  (Read 9477 times)
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:26:20 AM

As i previously predicted, the markets have become 100% manipulated. Look at the pathetic volumes in the past few days why do you think ? That's because all the money from the peasants has been depleted. The Manipulation especially by chinese manipulators has been so severe it bankrupted a large number of new & existing Bitcoin investors. Notice how Bitcoin wasn't really allowed to bottom out, instead they kept playing the market forcing peasants (ie all of u here) to buy expensive bitcoin at $550-$700 so they can sell it to u.

The manipulation WILL continue until there is 0 new peasant money coming in, we might see more price swing upwards but ultimately we are going down to the real bottom at $300 or less. As i also stated earlier, the Gox fiasco is massive even if no one here cares about it, the real world is outside this forum. Every single day in the news there is something bad about Bitcoin, the media officially labeled it as a fraud and this will take atleast 1 year to recover. Like it or not Gox has ruined Bitcoin's image for a while, ontop of that every single day there is news of some bitcoin bank or service getting hacked.

I have been right so far, and most importantly Bitstamp is about to shutdown in the coming months Gox style, look at the signs:

1. Bistamp BTC withdrawals have siginficantly slowed down, before it would take 30min now takes up to 24 hours
2. Just take a look at the service discussion and reddit, you will see just how bad fiat withrawals have become
3. It takes weeks to get a withdrawal processed, especially if in large amounts
4. Bitstamp has been harassing users with pathetic unrequired questions about their personal life when asking to withdraw. This makes people think twice before withdrawing fiat
5. Bitstamp is introducing severe KYC procedure, even my Charles swab account doesn't ask me for so many documents and stupid personal questions. This is nothing but a delay tactic to cover for their losses
6. Don't forget that bitstamp shutdown btc withdrawals for an entire week just recently, this was actually because a large number of bitcoins were stolen but they haven't admitted it yet.
7. Endless complaints by bitstamp users, very similar to the months before gox collapsed

Good luck everyone

How many times do I have to tell you that I will not sell you my coins?

Meet my ignore list.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:52:15 AM

iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 08:54:34 AM

Complete BS, OP is an idiot.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:00:56 AM

In case anyone stops to take this fuddery seriously for a moment, remember:

OP has created his own altcoin.

Agenda.

cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:02:43 AM

Withdraws and deposits in the last two week with bitstamp and all fine, smooth and ok.

Cheers

Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:27:05 AM

For the record: I requested a BTC withdrawal last week and it hit my wallet aprox. 1 hour later.

frobley

Activity: 708

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:23:10 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2014, 01:30:02 AM by frobley

2 x 6 figure pending, will update

edit: no problems here, one week from initiate to cleared funds in eur
kiogle

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 10:40:27 AM

no problems at all with stamp. pure FUD ...
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:24:52 AM
Last edit: March 12, 2014, 01:48:42 PM by Dalmar

Interesting. I had no idea that there were problems with btc and fiat withdrawals at bitstamp. Can anyone else confirm (besides proudhon)?

Withdrew several K from bitstamp almost a week ago (last Monday) and it still hasn't appeared on my bank account. The last time I withdrew money it took only 2 business days, but it looks like things slowed down over at bitstamp.

EDIT: Got the money, it took exactly 1 week.. kinda slow but at least got it.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
mmitech
Legendary

Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:02:08 PM

made at least 6 large FIAT withdrawals the last 5 months, made plenty of BTC withdrawals without a problem. made at least 3 large FIAT deposit and got credited the next day, sometimes if I made the withdrawal/deposit early I would get it the same day ( I use the same Bank)

and in case the OP is blind and cant read, there was an AUDIT from a third party company, they went to check the solvency and transparency of Bitstamp, this are the results:

STATEMENT REGARDING RECENT THIRD PARTY AUDIT REPORT
Dear Bitstamp clients,

On November 22nd and 23rd, 2013 an on site due diligence was carried out in respect of Bitstamp Ltd. on behalf of a 3rd party.

Bitstamp’s balance of BTC was validated by temporarily creating the largest single Bitcoin wallet and in the process the largest Bitcoin transaction in history.

The report identified that Bitstamp held 100% of validated BTC balance and USD funds. No material issues were raised as a consequence of the 3rd party’s investigations.

Original statement https://www.bitstamp.net/s/documents/Firestartr_DD_Letter_for_Bitstamp.pdf

Best regards,
Bitstamp team

the document was released the 6th March 2014, from Firestartr.Co

Disclaimer: I live in Slovenia and I use the same Bank, I also live 10 min away from Bitstamp offices.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:16:45 PM

The manipulation WILL continue until there is 0 new peasant money coming in, we might see more price swing upwards but ultimately we are going down to the real bottom at $300 or less. As i also stated earlier, the Gox fiasco is massive even if no one here cares about it, the real world is outside this forum. Every single day in the news there is something bad about Bitcoin, the media officially labeled it as a fraud and this will take atleast 1 year to recover.

Gartner Hype Cycle. We are on the Trough of Disillusionment. This was expected and it actually is a good thing. Because the faster it happens, the faster bitcoin will become mainstream.

I have been right so far, and most importantly Bitstamp is about to shutdown in the coming months Gox style, look at the signs:

If you want a rock-solid exchange (as in "EU regulations-approved"), go to http://bitcoin-central.net. Granted, they need an interface overhaul (they are working on it) and moving BTC out of it takes time (one day at worst, because of manual checking of every transaction), but your money is as safe as in a bank (they can't go AWOL with your money, and if they shut down, you can't lose your money). Plus, like bitstamp, they charge no fee for moving BTC out.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:23:44 PM

Disclaimer: I live in Slovenia and I use the same Bank, I also live 10 min away from Bitstamp offices.
Dober dan mmitech! Živil sem v Ljubljani za štiri leta.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
mmitech
Legendary

Merit: 1001

things you own end up owning you

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:36:35 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2014, 01:47:13 PM by mmitech

Dober dan mmitech! Živil sem v Ljubljani za štiri leta.

Dober dan, kje pa živiš zdaj ? ali si Slovenc ?

Edit: Je vois dans votre profil que vous êtes français, ainsi que votre nom est français, avez-vous travaillé ici?
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:45:17 PM

"maybe you are right, but I can't sell, its my position"

this

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:08:34 PM

made at least 6 large FIAT withdrawals the last 5 months, made plenty of BTC withdrawals without a problem. made at least 3 large FIAT deposit and got credited the next day, sometimes if I made the withdrawal/deposit early I would get it the same day ( I use the same Bank)

and in case the OP is blind and cant read, there was an AUDIT from a third party company, they went to check the solvency and transparency of Bitstamp, this are the results:

STATEMENT REGARDING RECENT THIRD PARTY AUDIT REPORT
Dear Bitstamp clients,

On November 22nd and 23rd, 2013 an on site due diligence was carried out in respect of Bitstamp Ltd. on behalf of a 3rd party.

Bitstamp’s balance of BTC was validated by temporarily creating the largest single Bitcoin wallet and in the process the largest Bitcoin transaction in history.

The report identified that Bitstamp held 100% of validated BTC balance and USD funds. No material issues were raised as a consequence of the 3rd party’s investigations.

Original statement https://www.bitstamp.net/s/documents/Firestartr_DD_Letter_for_Bitstamp.pdf

Best regards,
Bitstamp team

the document was released the 6th March 2014, from Firestartr.Co

The only substantiated post in this whole thread. Congrats.

OP you are a fucking idiot.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
bitjoint

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

Commander of the Hodl Legions

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:13:36 PM

As i previously predicted, the markets have become 100% manipulated. Look at the pathetic volumes in the past few days why do you think ? That's because all the money from the peasants has been depleted. The Manipulation especially by chinese manipulators has been so severe it bankrupted a large number of new & existing Bitcoin investors. Notice how Bitcoin wasn't really allowed to bottom out, instead they kept playing the market forcing peasants (ie all of u here) to buy expensive bitcoin at $550-$700 so they can sell it to u.

The manipulation WILL continue until there is 0 new peasant money coming in, we might see more price swing upwards but ultimately we are going down to the real bottom at $300 or less. As i also stated earlier, the Gox fiasco is massive even if no one here cares about it, the real world is outside this forum. Every single day in the news there is something bad about Bitcoin, the media officially labeled it as a fraud and this will take atleast 1 year to recover. Like it or not Gox has ruined Bitcoin's image for a while, ontop of that every single day there is news of some bitcoin bank or service getting hacked.

1. Bistamp BTC withdrawals have siginficantly slowed down, before it would take 30min now takes up to 24 hours
2. Just take a look at the service discussion and reddit, you will see just how bad fiat withrawals have become
3. It takes weeks to get a withdrawal processed, especially if in large amounts
4. Bitstamp has been harassing users with pathetic unrequired questions about their personal life when asking to withdraw. This makes people think twice before withdrawing fiat
5. Bitstamp is introducing severe KYC procedure, even my Charles swab account doesn't ask me for so many documents and stupid personal questions. This is nothing but a delay tactic to cover for their losses
6. Don't forget that bitstamp shutdown btc withdrawals for an entire week just recently, this was actually because a large number of bitcoins were stolen but they haven't admitted it yet.
7. Endless complaints by bitstamp users, very similar to the months before gox collapsed

Good luck everyone

UTTER-BULLSHIT

Bitstamp is working like a charm, even the fiat withdrawals (processed in 72 hours or less here in EU). You're just an intoxicator...
dynodog

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:13:26 PM

I was having many problems withdrawing btc and fiat from bitstamp.  I repeatedly entered the amount of bitcoin or fiat that I wanted withdrawn.  This went on for around 10 days with sporadic responses from my daily customer support tickets.  I always confirmed the withdrawal by clicking on the link within the confirming email, and did it right after I received the email. The request always showed "canceled" after one hour.  Finally, someone from bitstamp support suggested that I use the same browser when making the withdrawal through the bitstamp website and when I click the link within my confirming email.  The email address I use is my work email which is on the cloud.  I get on the internet outside of the cloud.  I went on the bitstamp website within the cloud, made the withdrawal request, went to my email within the cloud and clicked the link within the confirming email and I now see that the withdrawal is being processed.  When I withdrew btc in the past I did not have to do this, but apparently you do now.  So try staying within the same browser when confirming your withdrawal. 

I have not received the funds yet.  If I don't I will update.  Good luck
fluidjax

Activity: 750
Merit: 601

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:09:55 PM

You claim to make good calls about how the market is going to move, but you are using a new account, so nothing about your previous predictions can be checked. Clearly this is an alt account and you have others. I guess your previous predictions during previous corrections all turned out to be wrong, so you have no choice but to make new accounts and falsely claim your all knowing skills.
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:23:03 PM

absolutely true, A little more time and Bitstamp is dead

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 06:41:18 PM

I think it's a myth that ex Gox customers, should scramble to Bitstamp after the bankruptcy.

If they had any there they have less now, and before, they considered Gox the safest option.

If they managed to withdraw in time, they don't intent to have their coins on another exchange.

Volumes are falling on all the exchanges, Ask orders are dwindling too. We will see another sharp dip into in a few days. This time into the sub 300.

The implications of Gox has a lot to do with the future of bitcoin still. more has to come out i the open before it's impact can be assessed. 
Exactly,not to mention the implications of them owning the trademark to the name as well.There are far more issues associated with this than just the USD exchange rate.When a company cannot account for 1/2 billion in BTC I don't see how that would incite trust/investment.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: