Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:23:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Mining Still Profit?  (Read 19089 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:09:44 PM

mining is not profitable. Is it worth keeping them on for 40$ a month?? let's say 100$ a month?? I don't think so. So better to turn them off.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Docice

Activity: 75
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 07:47:43 PM

Not so long ago, Bitmain said that 200k miners would be placed in China.
I think for Bitmain it will be a problem. Since the state committee on development and reform of China is going to ban the extraction of bitcoins in the country. The project was submitted for public discussion, which will last until May 7. If the mining ban is not rejected, it will take effect immediately after the publication of the document. In addition, where will the miners go when ETH goes to the POS. My opinion to the end of mining, it is now relevant to lease their power to perform complex tasks, for example, a graphic studio.
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
April 09, 2019, 10:39:29 PM

Not so long ago, Bitmain said that 200k miners would be placed in China.
I think for Bitmain it will be a problem. Since the state committee on development and reform of China is going to ban the extraction of bitcoins in the country. The project was submitted for public discussion, which will last until May 7. If the mining ban is not rejected, it will take effect immediately after the publication of the document. In addition, where will the miners go when ETH goes to the POS. My opinion to the end of mining, it is now relevant to lease their power to perform complex tasks, for example, a graphic studio.

Right! I've heard that news too with regards to the plan of a mining ban in China and if it is implemented soon, then I think it could reduce mining competition among miners which might lead to more profits among them. Imho.
romelitounknown

Activity: 279
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 12:52:54 AM

Mining always profitable just don't mine btc and eth at the moment. There are lots of high return mineable coins out there. Just DYOR
adterna

Activity: 1008
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:05:12 AM

In my opinion, if we are going to mine coins, we must first select the coins that will be in the mine, because right now not all those in the mine can bring profit as before, we must choose the coins that will be in the mine.

────────  WORLD BEST MINER  ────────
CRYPTO MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
GENESIS MINING  [       JOIN NOW!          ]
jony35490

Activity: 422
Merit: 9

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:14:16 AM

Seems with most coins your mining at a loss now and hoping for a recovery in the future.
only projects worth mining now are small projects you expect to balloon in the future otherwise your better of just buying BTC with cash
That's why currently I'm giving attention into Bitcoin most. Cause nowadays mining is not so much worth.     
mak013

Activity: 2366
Merit: 754

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:46:02 AM

Seems with most coins your mining at a loss now and hoping for a recovery in the future.
only projects worth mining now are small projects you expect to balloon in the future otherwise your better of just buying BTC with cash
That's why currently I'm giving attention into Bitcoin most. Cause nowadays mining is not so much worth.     
If you`ll try to think wider, you can understand, that mining and convert to BTC can be more profitable then just buying BTC. Also, if you have rigs - if you sell them now - you cant get much money. And while they are mining, they makes everyday profit. But you can sit and wait profit.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
dentolas

Activity: 854
Merit: 12

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:52:54 AM

If you`ll try to think wider, you can understand, that mining and convert to BTC can be more profitable then just buying BTC. Also, if you have rigs - if you sell them now - you cant get much money. And while they are mining, they makes everyday profit. But you can sit and wait profit.

People complain too much and don't do anything to change the situation... research, read, try to think about it .... one of the tricks is to choose the right coins to mine
other trick is to do your power calculations since the start and choose the best option
and you can also accumulate coin to sell during the next bull run...
so, people, please stop complaining because mining is defective and it doesn't bring profit.... a lot of miners are still at work, hashrate is growing.... so maybe mining is not the problem and you are?

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Whitepaper
Anonylz

Activity: 2562
Merit: 577

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 08:15:16 AM

Depends on individual capability, mining could be profitable if you know the right coin you want to mining to bring you profit, then consider your electricity supply, someone mentioned above to calculate your power supply, this is very important because mining will not be possible without power and if you are spending on power than necessary is not good, so better to take note of this very important aspect, otherwise mining won't be that profitable.

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
                           Twitter       Telegram      Medium      YouTube      Discord        TikTok         GitHub               
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
forexhercules

Activity: 214
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 10:45:33 AM

This is a game for months or years not day by day. go in and one day you will have your money doubled 5 times
nightl

Activity: 686
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 11:28:57 AM

Depends on individual capability, mining could be profitable if you know the right coin you want to mining to bring you profit, then consider your electricity supply, someone mentioned above to calculate your power supply, this is very important because mining will not be possible without power and if you are spending on power than necessary is not good, so better to take note of this very important aspect, otherwise mining won't be that profitable.
Yes, I agree. First of all, you need to choose the coin that you need to farm - there are many services to check the hashrate.
Well, if you connect a farm for mining - if we are talking about several farms - you can do this not directly to the electric meter, but directly to the wires
rnchavez19

Activity: 47
Merit: 2

Crypto Enthusiast, Analyst

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 02:47:58 PM

probably there is a change in their operations or they just did some upgrade.
Anyway as for bitcoin mining, the competition increases as many miners join the fight so it is also a battle of resources.
The more you develop in the industry, the more you avoid getting trampled upon, and the more you gain. survival of the fittest really do matter here where small miners get thrown out.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
Alucard2425
Copper Member

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 05:02:11 PM

If your country has a cheap electricity i say its a big yes and look for some great altcoins to mine Wink
CLywaTeLb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

send and receive money instantly, no hidden costs

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:27:05 PM

Mining always profitable just don't mine btc and eth at the moment. There are lots of high return mineable coins out there. Just DYOR
This is true when you consider this:
[cut out]
People complain too much and don't do anything to change the situation... research, read, try to think about it .... one of the tricks is to choose the right coins to mine
other trick is to do your power calculations since the start and choose the best option
and you can also accumulate coin to sell during the next bull run...
so, people, please stop complaining because mining is defective and it doesn't bring profit.... a lot of miners are still at work, hashrate is growing.... so maybe mining is not the problem and you are?
Thus, the choice of coins for mining is not the only thing that needs to be done for success. Something to accumulate, others to sell immediately.

||bit

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 06:50:47 PM

I don't think mining ethereum, bitcoin will bring you any profit if you don't have very cheap electric.

But, if you can find a new promising coin, and just start mining at before it becomes something big, that can bring you good money.
lobat999

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:13:42 PM

I don't think mining ethereum, bitcoin will bring you any profit if you don't have very cheap electric.

But, if you can find a new promising coin, and just start mining at before it becomes something big, that can bring you good money.

Right! I do think most miners see their mining activity as a long term investment considering we have suffered a long crypto winter that hopefully will have a reversal on an impending bullish trend which could greatly give them very good profits if they chose to hold their coins for a little longer.
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 10, 2019, 07:59:49 PM

If your country has a cheap electricity i say its a big yes and look for some great altcoins to mine Wink

Electricity is not the only cost factor when factoring in overall profitability. Wear and tare on your hardware is also important. If you mine day and night, you will have to replace you hardware after some time.
cryptorima

Activity: 278

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:54:10 AM

A lot of people are mining to generate heat for their house so even if they are technically not making a profit they are still paying less to heat their house so its a win for them.

Also many people have free electricity from rental agreements, solar, hydro, or using company property.
I think if anyone have free electricity then mining is profitable for them. Cause for mining we need so much electricity which is very worth for some persons.
CryptoKush

Activity: 630
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 02:09:19 PM

I think that the profitability of mining depends on how low your electric power costs are and how large your scale is. If you have cheap electricity, then you have a chance to mine with a profit.
Mymikagab

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 05:50:03 AM

Mining is in cold climates is more ok because the power consumption is lower but if you're in a hot country its better to stop mining coz of high electricity consumption. I advice for now is buy and hodl the top leading coins and then wait for bull run
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: